{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Clough & Oates press conference, Tue 5 Dec

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Clough & Oates press conference, Tue 5 Dec

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:02 pm

now on iFollow
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Clough & Oates press conference, Tue 5 Dec

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:30 pm

;)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby marksay » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:09 pm

Interesting around Swann

For me irrespective of Swans form we can do with another striker for depth if we want promotion
marksay
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:42 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Dec 06, 2023 1:23 pm

marksay wrote:Interesting around Swann

For me irrespective of Swans form we can do with another striker for depth if we want promotion

Interesting that Swan said himself that he’s feeling back to his best too!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:12 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:

Interesting that Swan said himself that he’s feeling back to his best too!

After weeks of really being off it, he had 20 minutes of a decent performance and got a deflected goal (which was great for him) but until he repeats that at least a couple of times let's not think everything is great. I agree we need another effective striker who wants to be part of something and play a real part in our promotion push.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:49 am

Whatever we do we’ve got to get it right. Stick with Swan and Gale who haven’t kicked on as everyone hoped or twist and brings someone in?

Personally I’d loan Gale to non-league to get game time and develop, ideally with a call back clause in case of injury or improvement. If he does go the way we all hope he’ll have benefitted and still be around.

Then bring someone in budget and availability depending but feels like there’s a place there to be won if someone with the right ability and mentality can be found. I think Gale and Swan both have this but it’s not working for them at the moment, so I’d find a way to hedge my bets
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:36 am

Jimstag wrote:

Whatever we do we’ve got to get it right. Stick with Swan and Gale who haven’t kicked on as everyone hoped or twist and brings someone in?

Personally I’d loan Gale to non-league to get game time and develop, ideally with a call back clause in case of injury or improvement. If he does go the way we all hope he’ll have benefitted and still be around.

Then bring someone in budget and availability depending but feels like there’s a place there to be won if someone with the right ability and mentality can be found. I think Gale and Swan both have this but it’s not working for them at the moment, so I’d find a way to hedge my bets
Exactly this. :good_post:
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 12:46 pm

:coys:
Amber Andy wrote:
Jimstag wrote:

Exactly this. :good_post:

spot on
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum