{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Saturday Night Striker Questions

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Saturday Night Striker Questions

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:41 pm

He walked out cos he's a human piece of excrement with the moral fibre of a rabid hyaena.

I didn't want him before he came. Didn't want him when he was here. And wouldn't take him again.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:59 pm

Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:Roll your eyes as much as you like. Why would I highlight that bit when it didn’t happen? I could’ve added “failed TWICE with the second highest budget there’s ever been”
If that makes you feel better.

Some absolutely embarrassing comments on here as usual.

Exactly my point, only one of them did all 3 of those things, but you highlighted the 2 that the other one did.
Evans is the only Mansfield manager in the last 20 years to walk out on us. The last one before him was Dearden and we all know why that was.

Yes he walked out to go to a better placed team in a higher division, because he's a good manager that's constantly been employed by many clubs. Unlike the other one who still hasn't had a managerial job after failing TWICE with us. Yet some on here would have him back so he could make it a hat trick :lol: :lol: :lol: yet wouldn't have Evans back despite him being a far better manager with more honours and longer employment just because they 'don't like him'. Only on stagsnet :lol: :lol: :lol:

Why did he lie about it to try and avoid us getting any compensation ? Because he is a horrible scumbag of a man with absolutely no morals. That's why people "don't like him". I don't see anyone wanting Flitcroft back, just people saying we are better off with Clough than we were with Evans.

In fact, double checking back through this thread, the first person to mention Flitcroft was yourself !!
Last edited by Dave Wayne on Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:03 pm

Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:Roll your eyes as much as you like. Why would I highlight that bit when it didn’t happen? I could’ve added “failed TWICE with the second highest budget there’s ever been”

Exactly my point, only one of them did all 3 of those things, but you highlighted the 2 that the other one did.
Evans is the only Mansfield manager in the last 20 years to walk out on us. The last one before him was Dearden and we all know why that was.

Yes he walked out to go to a better placed team in a higher division, because he's a good manager that's constantly been employed by many clubs. Unlike the other one who still hasn't had a managerial job after failing TWICE with us. Yet some on here would have him back so he could make it a hat trick :lol: :lol: :lol: yet wouldn't have Evans back despite him being a far better manager with more honours and longer employment just because they 'don't like him'. Only on stagsnet :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yes he did really well there ! I don't think anyone has said they would want DF back. I don't. I am more than happy with NC. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:47 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dan wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:

Why did he lie about it to try and avoid us getting any compensation ? Because he is a horrible scumbag of a man with absolutely no morals. That's why people "don't like him". I don't see anyone wanting Flitcroft back, just people saying we are better off with Clough than we were with Evans.

In fact, double checking back through this thread, the first person to mention Flitcroft was yourself !!

Cleary the owners didn't think he lied because they are still in contact with him. The reason I mentioned him was because it's the same 5 people who go on about hating Evans and saying he failed are the same ones who always big up the double failure just because they thought he was a good chap. If only they knew what he was really like, then they might think the same way about him as I do.

I've said it numerous times on here yet still people are blinkered, but I'll say it again. I despise Steve Evans, he's a lying, cheating, thieving Tim and I will never forgive him for walking out on us because no matter what those haters say, he would've taken us up I'm sure of that. I know why he left and the way he did it is just typical of him, but some of us can take the man out of the situation and realise what a good job he did here. And his record in the list of Stags managers backs it up. It's about time some people on here grew up and just accepted it, but I won't hold my breath and you can see why in this thread.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:36 am

Dan, whatever you think Evan's might have done, he didn't achieve promotion whilst managing the stags..... fact. I don't think anyone on here "big ups" DF. My opinion is that he shouldn't have been sacked. I can't form an opinion on information I don't know ! What I don't understand, is why you perpetually defend someone you (in your own words) "dispise".
I am of the opinion we are very lucky to have the manager we currently have and I hope John Radford and the board renew his contract whether we are promoted or not.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:26 am

Amber Andy wrote:Dan, whatever you think Evan's might have done, he didn't achieve promotion whilst managing the stags..... fact. I don't think anyone on here "big ups" DF. My opinion is that he shouldn't have been sacked. I can't form an opinion on information I don't know ! What I don't understand, is why you perpetually defend someone you (in your own words) "dispise".
I am of the opinion we are very lucky to have the manager we currently have and I hope John Radford and the board renew his contract whether we are promoted or not.

Agree with all of that. Good post
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Dec 05, 2023 6:48 am

Amber Andy wrote:Dan, whatever you think Evan's might have done, he didn't achieve promotion whilst managing the stags..... fact. I don't think anyone on here "big ups" DF. My opinion is that he shouldn't have been sacked. I can't form an opinion on information I don't know ! What I don't understand, is why you perpetually defend someone you (in your own words) "dispise".

So Andy you criticise Evans because he didn't achieve promotion here but you are absolutely happy to keep and happy clap our Nigel for doing the same .....outcome of this season not withstanding. I hated Evans and especially Raynor and thought their touchline antics were shameful but he is a winner with a repeated proven record and I'll bite my lip to get that rather than stay in League 2 always promising but never delivering.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:28 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:

So Andy you criticise Evans because he didn't achieve promotion here but you are absolutely happy to keep and happy clap our Nigel for doing the same .....outcome of this season not withstanding. I hated Evans and especially Raynor and thought their touchline antics were shameful but he is a winner with a repeated proven record and I'll bite my lip to get that rather than stay in League 2 always promising but never delivering.
Chris, no I criticise Evans because he walked out on us at a crucial part of the season. I have already answered the question about my views on promotion.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:31 am

Why would you want somebody back that failed last time ,it’s like having somebody back to your house that did a botched job the first time but he did a good job at your mates .
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:36 am

daddycool wrote:Why would you want somebody back that failed last time ,it’s like having somebody back to your house that did a botched job the first time but he did a good job at your mates .

That is a good analogy daddycool. All I would add, would be left the job unfinished :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Tue Dec 05, 2023 8:41 am

So you would be happy with annual failure? And don't say that the entertainment is great. Watching that first half against Tranmere was akin to being whipped with barbed wire. If we dont get promoted there is no chance Nigel will be here next season. and quite rightly so, But if he gets his finger out there is every chance we will, although i suspect through the play offs
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:01 am

chimneyboy wrote:

So you would be happy with annual failure? And don't say that the entertainment is great. Watching that first half against Tranmere was akin to being whipped with barbed wire. If we dont get promoted there is no chance Nigel will be here next season. and quite rightly so, But if he gets his finger out there is every chance we will, although i suspect through the play offs

No I want to see us playing in league 1next season. What I don"t want is a repeat of what happened a few seasons ago, after we narrowly missed out on promotion.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby TheMyTStags » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:39 am

Evans didn't get us promoted.
Flitcroft didn't get us promoted.
Clough hasn't yet get us promoted.
I'd say the reason people will give Flitcroft and Evans the benefit is because they seem like significantly more likeable people. On top of that, we are better now than we were under either of the previous 2, and were better under Flitcroft than Evans. I'm confused why people bring up Evans' success with other clubs, it's not really relevant. You could argue Flitcroft has a promotion since, given he's DOF at Port Vale and therefore handles all of their signings. Surely we've learned by now that no proven track record brings any guarantee of success (player or manager) and would rather give time to a good manager with a good chance of getting us promoted (whilst being likeable, playing good football and increasing the crowds to the highest level in decades) rather than risk switching and ending up with someone like Coughlan, or even getting a repeat of Evans (good manager, no loyalty, sacks us off mid season)

If only promotion is success, Evans failed at Leeds, Mansfield, Peterborough and Gillingham, surely Stevenage should never have given him a chance?
TheMyTStags
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Laney_MTFC » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:46 am

could someone please lead me to the striker chat in this thread? thank you
Laney_MTFC
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby lifestags » Tue Dec 05, 2023 9:48 am

Do we think if Swan starts doing better (after his goal) that we would still need a striker in Jan? I would like Gale to go out on loan if he is fit after his injury.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 10:56 am

lifestags wrote:Do we think if Swan starts doing better (after his goal) that we would still need a striker in Jan? I would like Gale to go out on loan if he is fit after his injury.
Yes, I think we do need for Gale to go out on loan (to gain experience and more game time), and bring someone in who is a similar type of striker as Akins. I think Swan will start hitting the back of the net similar to last season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 11:00 am

Laney_MTFC wrote:could someone please lead me to the striker chat in this thread? thank you

As far as I can see the first five posts on page 1.Plus a couple of others on the same page. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Beyond The Pale » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:14 pm

Laney_MTFC wrote:could someone please lead me to the striker chat in this thread? thank you

Yep. Thought i'd have a look & it's another Dan loves Steve Evans / hates David Flitcroft hijack! :)
I backed my car into a cop car the other day, he just drove off, sometimes life's okay...
Beyond The Pale
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:20 pm

Just to go back on topic, NC has said today that barring any injuries they may go with what we already have. Didn’t rule out one cropping up in Jan. seems to have gone back a little on last week when he said they would look for a striker.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stag324 » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:27 pm

i think we will bring a striker in. We need someone who can either walk straight into the first team, AKA Armstrong or someone who can give us a plan B and is happy to sit on the bench until needed. - No names spring to mind
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:37 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Just to go back on topic, NC has said today that barring any injuries they may go with what we already have. Didn’t rule out one cropping up in Jan. seems to have gone back a little on last week when he said they would look for a striker.

Just when today was going well you have to go and upset me Musings :D :D
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:55 pm

lifestags wrote:Do we think if Swan starts doing better (after his goal) that we would still need a striker in Jan? I would like Gale to go out on loan if he is fit after his injury.

Clough basically answered this question earlier, said something along the lines of ''if Swan is on form, we dont need another striker, if he is off it then we might''.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Dec 05, 2023 2:30 pm

lifestags wrote:

Clough basically answered this question earlier, said something along the lines of ''if Swan is on form, we dont need another striker, if he is off it then we might''.
That would be disappointing. If we could get Gale out on loan and bring in a better striker that would enhance our chances of an automatic promotion place. It would also make sense to strengthen now for next season with league 1 in mind. There maybe no one out there, as clubs won't want to part with their better players in January. However, it's worth a try.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:28 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
lifestags wrote:

That would be disappointing. If we could get Gale out on loan and bring in a better striker that would enhance our chances of an automatic promotion place. It would also make sense to strengthen now for next season with league 1 in mind. There maybe no one out there, as clubs won't want to part with their better players in January. However, it's worth a try.

Gale will be coming back from injury at the end of January, so I'd say it's unlikely he will go out on loan in January.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Rob » Tue Dec 05, 2023 4:32 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
lifestags wrote:

Gale will be coming back from injury at the end of January, so I'd say it's unlikely he will go out on loan in January.

Isn't the loan window different when loaning down to the non-league, ie doesn't close on 31 Jan? It might actually work out perfectly as he could use the loan to get game time and match fitness. He won't be getting much football here for the rest of this season barring injuries.
Rob
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum