{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Saturday Night Striker Questions

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Saturday Night Striker Questions

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:04 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Striker oh how all teams want a top striker, but they cost and our transfer record of £150-000 would not temp a club to sell a asset in January.
So we have a problem Akins-Bowery are a link from midfield to attack.
our main strike force on paper are Gale -Swan-Oates.
To win football matches we need goals, and after 19 games this is our weak point, we will get them from our midfield and link players, with defenders also chipping in.
But Swan =Oates and Gale have not been the cutting edge we need,
Unless we break the transfer budget to about £500-000 January is a expensive time, and strikers are in demand,
With some players leaving on loan or permanent, we could afford a fringe loan from Championship or premier league.
Meanwhile our position after the Xmas games will determine our needs

You mean like Wrexham invested and speculated with Mullin and to a lesser degree Notts did with Longstaff and look how those two have delivered. Sometimes you just have to go for it although I totally accept its Mr Radfords money not mine. We dont need Christmas to determine our needs Bear.....the need is obvious to everyone but the In Nigel We Trust Brigade.

Interesting last line. If we were struggling at the bottom of the league, even in mid table, I could understand that people may have lost trust in our manager. However, we are currently sitting 4th with a game in hand, which if we won it would put us in 2nd place just 3 points off the lead. We have lost just once in 19 league matches and have the 2nd best GD in the division.
I am struggling to understand how you consider being a member of the 'brigade' that has trust in a manager who has built a squad and managed the tactics to get us into that position is in any way derogatory.
I really do not understand how any supporter of this club, especially one who has seen the Haslam years and the Conference years, is sitting there looking for negatives.
He has put together a squad to get us in this position, and has been highly praised for his dealings in the last couple of transfer windows for the way he has successfully plugged the gaps in the squad. We know he isn't a manager full of bluster and plays his cards close to his chest. Even if he is looking at striker options he isn't going to shout it from the rooftops a month before the window opens.
Sit back and enjoy the ride. This is our best league season so far in over 20 years. These moments don't come around very often so enjoy them while you can, instead of worrying about the 'what ifs'.
Absolutely. If there is a "brigade", it is a massive one, I'd say 90% of us. :D
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Dec 07, 2023 4:08 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
bear 73 wrote:Striker oh how all teams want a top striker, but they cost and our transfer record of £150-000 would not temp a club to sell a asset in January.
To win football matches we need goals, and after 19 games this is our weak point, we will get them from our midfield and link players, with defenders also chipping in.
Unless we break the transfer budget to about £500-000 January is a expensive time, and strikers are in demand,
With some players leaving on loan or permanent, we could afford a fringe loan from Championship or premier league.

You mean like Wrexham invested and speculated with Mullin and to a lesser degree Notts did with Longstaff and look how those two have delivered. Sometimes you just have to go for it although I totally accept its Mr Radfords money not mine. We dont need Christmas to determine our needs Bear.....the need is obvious to everyone but the In Nigel We Trust Brigade.

Interesting last line. If we were struggling at the bottom of the league, even in mid table, I could understand that people may have lost trust in our manager. However, we are currently sitting 4th with a game in hand, which if we won it would put us in 2nd place just 3 points off the lead. We have lost just once in 19 league matches and have the 2nd best GD in the division.
I am struggling to understand how you consider being a member of the 'brigade' that has trust in a manager who has built a squad and managed the tactics to get us into that position is in any way derogatory.
I really do not understand how any supporter of this club, especially one who has seen the Haslam years and the Conference years, is sitting there looking for negatives.
He has put together a squad to get us in this position, and has been highly praised for his dealings in the last couple of transfer windows for the way he has successfully plugged the gaps in the squad. We know he isn't a manager full of bluster and plays his cards close to his chest. Even if he is looking at striker options he isn't going to shout it from the rooftops a month before the window opens.
Sit back and enjoy the ride. This is our best league season so far in over 20 years. These moments don't come around very often so enjoy them while you can, instead of worrying about the 'what ifs'.

:good_post: he's the same on every thread
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 5:14 pm

I am proud to be in the in Nigel we trust brigade .He cares for the fans and the Football club from top to bottom.
.His record at struggling clubs has been brilliant and only four clubs after twenty six years in Management, and has left every club in a better position than when he started,
And Mansfield are in a much better position now than when he came on and off the pitch
He is not on the manager merry go round turning down big clubs
like Nottm Forest and Birmingham staying with his players as we know he likes to stay local.
And at least 9 players have him to thank for becoming international players while playing under him, and he is a very respected Manager.
Anyone watching a club while not supporting the Manager will not enjoy a match day experience and its a shame with, Clough its not fair 3 full seasons is a long time to be unhappy
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:22 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:

Because Dave, some individuals get comfort and joy and simply find life a lot easier when concentrating on the negative side of things. They've become a lot harder to avoid in recent years.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Steve North » Fri Dec 08, 2023 7:18 am

Chrisuknottm wrote:

The ‘In Nigel We Trust Brigade’ ??

Completely pathetic view and out of kilter with where we currently are.

Credit to the Chairman for sticking with Clough, because if it was left to the likes some, we would be swapping managers every 4-6 months.

It just shows what is possible if you allow a manager to build a team and show a bit of patience. Trouble is these days, patience is a rare commodity with the Klarna Brigade.
Steve North
First Team
First Team

Postby zod » Fri Dec 08, 2023 9:41 am

Steve North wrote: Trouble is these days, patience is a rare commodity with the Klarna Brigade.

Can we buy a new striker using Klarna? :lol: :lol:
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Fri Dec 08, 2023 10:02 am

zod wrote:
Steve North wrote: Trouble is these days, patience is a rare commodity with the Klarna Brigade.

Can we rebuild Bishop Street stand on Klarna ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby zod » Fri Dec 08, 2023 11:34 am

Captain Cunno wrote:
zod wrote:

Can we rebuild Bishop Street stand on Klarna ?

Now there's an idea!
zod
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum