{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tranmere scorefred sponsored by time to bounce back

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tranmere scorefred sponsored by time to bounce back

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 11:44 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:Even the cross for the goal hit the first man and deflected to dkd. ;)

Don’t think it did looking at the pitchside footage.

Yeah it doesn't look like it.

From the main camera, initially I thought it was Bowery to keillor-dunn to Oates.

Then I went back and had another look and it looks like it hits the defender. Turns out bowery actually bent it and the defender tried to get a head to it.

It's all about the angles.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:30 pm

what was up with Andy Garner when we equalised went mental at the fans behind him?, if it was because they were moaning you can hardly blame them up to that point can you ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 29, 2023 12:44 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:what was up with Andy Garner when we equalised went mental at the fans behind him?, if it was because they were moaning you can hardly blame them up to that point can you ?

Martin mentioned about fans sticking with the team and not turning against them
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:15 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:what was up with Andy Garner when we equalised went mental at the fans behind him?, if it was because they were moaning you can hardly blame them up to that point can you ?

Martin mentioned about fans sticking with the team and not turning against them

that was post match, sorry confused is that what the reason for Garner to doing what he did ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:16 pm

Looked as though Garner was asking for abit kore from the fans and rightly so IMO. They were as bad as the players in that first 30mins. Looked as though someone’s told him to Jeff off and Garner told him the same back
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:22 pm

Ponderous at times, doing little to attack the opposing goal in the first 30 set the tone for the night.
Much less side to side and more side to forward.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:24 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:Rhys uses his pace on a couple of occasions but Swan showed how important he will be if he can get on form as his pace made a difference after he came on.

Rhys just uses pace without thought…Swan uses pace with a bit of intelligence imo…He needs to be playing more.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:29 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Looked as though Garner was asking for abit kore from the fans and rightly so IMO. They were as bad as the players in that first 30mins. Looked as though someone’s told him to Jeff off and Garner told him the same back

Agree about supporting the lads, even when they’re not playing that well…problem last night was the actual game was as flat as a pancake intesity wise, which filtered to the stands…or rather didn’t filter to the stands, causing zero atmosphere and some frustration.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:29 pm

Agree entirely
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 29, 2023 1:32 pm

Thought the differing techniques used by Pym last night for the first goal v the near identical chance which he made a double save.

He opted to advance on the attacker for the first, but for the second he stayed on his line. I’d love to know if that was a conscious decision or just throw things unfolded.

MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bear 73 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 2:49 pm

Like Most disappointed with a draw, would have liked a win, in the end grateful for a point.
DKD and Reed were well off their game and it showed, coming back twice showed the spirit within the squad.
The one call stadium is becoming a place where teams coming away with a result is a tick in their box.
So Defending in depth and closing down space being a defensive resolve , and entertainment zero for the home fans.
when the moaning and groaning begins its like a badge of honour for their players, it means their plan is working.
We have a good squad but improvement in the transfer window is always welcome,
Adkins Their manager said the work rate of his players and commitment was phenomenal, and was needed to get a result
We stopped our losing run and this was a step in the right direction , a ten day break now and then back to our promotion push.
bear 73
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:14 pm

Having just watched the highlights, I know DKD was getting stick for the 2nd goal and his poor touch, but their winger had it all to do, and yet was allowed to cut inside onto his stronger foot to shoot, so I'd say that's bad defending imo. And the 1st goal Flint is pulled out of position by the fullback being forward I assume, and one hopefull ball behind us and they outpace the chasing player and score. Pretty poor.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:21 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Chrisuknottm wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
stag324 wrote:Poor in every department tonight, nobody played well.

Midfield truly awful with Reed being the worst.

Hopefully we can practice crossing, corners, free kicks and shooting during our 10 day break.

A point gained but just look where we could have been !!

Agree, apart from Bowery and Swan. Painful to watch. Naive going forward. Midfield slow. Flint had his worst game of the season…and yet we drew!

People criticise the crowd for moaning but it was so boring watching incessant passes across and back constantly with no one able to split a defence or make a penetrative pass. As others have said DKD and Reed were so far off it tonight and I'm sorry but Bowery wasn't far behind them. How he constantly hit crosses straight into the nearest Tranmere player was just awful. The Lewis free kick at the end was just the icing....did anyone expect him to keep it under the bar? Well done the squad though for not losing and Swanny for getting a goal . They need to be given a few days off and come back raring to rip up the league.
Bowery made the first goal.

However good that skill was how many failed crosses were there before then.
Yes his crossing was poor, but so were the crosses from the left.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:27 pm

Yes, they are meant to be supporters.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:33 pm

Criticising Bowery for his poor crossing ability is quite amusing, he's a centre forward target man, who has been moved to right back for his pace, you cant expect him to be brilliant at crosses, and like has been said, they aren't so good from the other side either, but that doesn't seen to get mentioned.
I love how we keep control of the ball, but opposition players are learning when chasing us down, that we will likely do a sideways short pass rather than pass it forward, and that does make it easier to anticipate and intercept, and put pressure on the team.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:38 pm

Bowery played very well first half and was our main source of attack - defenders are allowed to defend so crosses will regularly be blocked. There were one or two where maybe he could have put the ball in quicker, but he also put in some good crosses before he superbly created the goal. He can't win with some of our fans I'm afraid.

The big mistake last night was not starting with Maris, for me when fit he plays every game - the difference in our midfield with Maris and Clarke on was very noticeable. I thought both goals were really poor defending, not so much individually, but how they were lined up with several players badly out of position. I thought live Pym could have done better with the second but looking at the highlights it looks like he saw it late - it didn't have a lot of pace though.

I thought Saunders was the best player on the pitch, wonder why his career has been so average to date, he roasted us a few times.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby mattstag14 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 3:49 pm

1970Stag wrote:Having just watched the highlights, I know DKD was getting stick for the 2nd goal and his poor touch, but their winger had it all to do, and yet was allowed to cut inside onto his stronger foot to shoot, so I'd say that's bad defending imo. And the 1st goal Flint is pulled out of position by the fullback being forward I assume, and one hopefull ball behind us and they outpace the chasing player and score. Pretty poor.

Just to add to that the ball bounced up which made controlling it all the more difficult. The pitch was appalling last night really poor to say the worst weather is yet to come.
Forget Messi or Ronaldo I'd rather have good honest boys in my team.
mattstag14
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:00 pm

Rob wrote:Bowery played very well first half and was our main source of attack - defenders are allowed to defend so crosses will regularly be blocked. There were one or two where maybe he could have put the ball in quicker, but he also put in some good crosses before he superbly created the goal. He can't win with some of our fans I'm afraid.

The big mistake last night was not starting with Maris, for me when fit he plays every game - the difference in our midfield with Maris and Clarke on was very noticeable. I thought both goals were really poor defending, not so much individually, but how they were lined up with several players badly out of position. I thought live Pym could have done better with the second but looking at the highlights it looks like he saw it late - it didn't have a lot of pace though.

I thought Saunders was the best player on the pitch, wonder why his career has been so average to date, he roasted us a few times.

You like Maris , we get it.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Ralphy » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:07 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:
Rob wrote:Bowery played very well first half and was our main source of attack - defenders are allowed to defend so crosses will regularly be blocked. There were one or two where maybe he could have put the ball in quicker, but he also put in some good crosses before he superbly created the goal. He can't win with some of our fans I'm afraid.

You like Maris , we get it.

He’s right about Maris lol as soon as he came on he started playing the ball into strikers feet in and around the box and playing off them. Also looked better when we changed the full backs both Cargill and Johnson are better going forward than McDonald and Bowery imo. Was frustrating last night to see how many times we turned back rather than go forward, flint and brunt must have been sick of the sight of the ball they had it that much!!
Ralphy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby robda1st » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:29 pm

bowery has done well but johnson should be our first choice RB, hes better going forward and defending.

A lot of respect for what bowery does for the team but clough should be playing his best players in their best postions. Not doing that has usually been our downfall over the past few years
robda1st
Manager
Manager

Postby Cornwall Stag » Wed Nov 29, 2023 4:56 pm

I did think if there was another 10 mins game time we would have been looking at 3 points last night. As much as it is disappointing to only get 1 point from the last 2 games, if we look at the season so far with a game in hand.....
6 points from top, 6 points clear of 8th, will go 2nd with a draw in the game in hand, 2nd best goal difference, 1 loss in 19 games

Best league position after 19 games over the last 10 years
23/24 4th 36 points
22/23 8th 30 points
21/22 15th 23 points
20/21 21st 17 points
19/20 16th 21 points
18/19 4th 32 points
17/18 7th 31 points
16/17 14th 25 points
15/16 9th 29 points
14/15 18th 22 points

Lots to be positive about, the glass is definitely half full
Cornwall Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag324 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 5:13 pm

We need Maria in the team but I fear Quinn will always be picked ahead of him.

Bowery crossing is poor but so is the teams.

We need the break to recharge as I think we are looking very leggy and lethargic at the moment.

And please work on our set pieces as we are woeful on these apart from 1 or 2 games
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Johnny H » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:07 pm

Rob, fully agree !
I have been saying it for the last 18 months or so......we are a much better side when Maris and Clarke start.
Lewis is not a patch on either of them but now Quinn is fit NC will start him whenever he can.
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:18 pm

Is Quinn the new boo boy then? :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:30 pm

Lewis getting some unfair stick in my eyes. He gets through so much work, I’d love to see his running stats. He’s tidy on the ball as well.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum