{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Tranmere scorefred sponsored by time to bounce back

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Tranmere scorefred sponsored by time to bounce back

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:31 pm

Can’t take a corner though
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:43 pm

I would like to see Clarke come in for Lewis personally.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 29, 2023 7:50 pm

Rob wrote:Bowery played very well first half and was our main source of attack - defenders are allowed to defend so crosses will regularly be blocked. There were one or two where maybe he could have put the ball in quicker, but he also put in some good crosses before he superbly created the goal. He can't win with some of our fans I'm afraid.

The big mistake last night was not starting with Maris, for me when fit he plays every game - the difference in our midfield with Maris and Clarke on was very noticeable. I thought both goals were really poor defending, not so much individually, but how they were lined up with several players badly out of position. I thought live Pym could have done better with the second but looking at the highlights it looks like he saw it late - it didn't have a lot of pace though.

I thought Saunders was the best player on the pitch, wonder why his career has been so average to date, he roasted us a few times.

Bowery can win. Take last night. He received the ball in a forward position and worked his magic. He's a forward.

A few years back, specifically the winter after he was called a traffic cone. He would regularly receive the ball in a similar position on the left, cut inside and curl a shot in the top corner.

We have Johnson, we have Lewis, we have Williams, we have Hewitt returning. We do not need Bowery at RB. No side needs 4 right backs.

We want Maris, Reed, Quinn so where does that leave Lewis, Boateng, O'Toole and Hartigan(assuming he returns, we could do with someone good on free kicks!)?

We are at a point where we can stop with the forward at RB.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:24 pm

I think your memory is playing tricks on you Gazza re Bowery cutting in from the left and curling one into the top corner :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Suttonian » Wed Nov 29, 2023 8:45 pm

Bowery did it a few weeks ago at Salford.
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:53 am

Suttonian wrote:Bowery did it a few weeks ago at Salford.

He did, Gazza was talking about a few seasons ago though.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum