{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Burton scorefred

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Burton scorefred

Postby gazza1988 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:57 pm

Our 2nd string lost to pretty much a league 1 1st team. A couple of disappointing performances.

Never mind. Concentrate on the league now.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:59 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:Flint is looking every inch a centre half tonight.

No surprises there then.

Nope. Seems daft to risk playing him out of position in a game that don't matter.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag1 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:02 pm

Swan has proved again,tonight, why we need to be signing another forward in January. Not at the races again, and shows no signs of picking his game up. Think even Clough is starting to lose patience, otherwise he would surely have played him for the full 90 minutes.
bigalstag1
First Team
First Team

Postby northern stag » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:04 pm

we didn’t deserve anything tonight on the balance of play , strange refereeing performance . he allowed all sorts of things to go unpunished …. Swann and Boateng aren’t making a case for selection
northern stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:07 pm

Swan has zero service most of that half. That one good pass, he got on the end of and was unfortunate not to finish it.

It's very over critical imo
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:12 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Swan has zero service most of that half. That one good pass, he got on the end of and was unfortunate not to finish it.

Fair assessment. None of the forwards got any decent service tonight.

Cooper & Williams both played well & it was good to see Akins, Quinn & even JJ getting back up to speed(ish)

Out of the 'M'eh Cup' never mind.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby vicar_jeremiah » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:13 pm

We need to find out whats going on with Boateng, a shadow of the player I thought we had , does not seem interested, or he is unfit, but I've seen better performances from the midfielders of Woodhouse Ex Servicemen
vicar_jeremiah
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby broomo » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:16 pm

PEAR CIDER wrote:Swan has zero service most of that half. That one good pass, he got on the end of and was unfortunate not to finish it.

I'm as patient as the next man when it comes to our own players but he's doing very little of any quality with the game time he gets.

He WILL come good but it's going to take a fair bit of persevering with sub par performances until something relights his spark.

I also think he should have scored that chance and done better with his header 6 yards out and central. He needs to make something count.

Deserved win for Burton, thought we were very bitty throughout and never really had a fluent spell. We struggled to handle Stockton.

Thought Cargill was the pick of the "fringe" with Quinn showing snippets of intelligent passes.

The rest was pretty meh but I don't really over care.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:26 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Laney_MTFC wrote:Does anybody know if the game is being shown on any international channels or just iFollow? Cheers

Roughly translates as "does anyone know where I can get this for free with my dodgy firestick, rather than giving the club I support an extra tenner ?" ;)

If he had a dodgy fire stick he wouldn’t need to be looking for international channels as it would already be on there. It’s good exercise though jumping to conclusions.

I do apologise for not being an expert on the various methods of robbing my club of income. The sentiment still applies though.

That’s ok. But don’t forget he is only depriving the club of income if he is in a position to and also intended to buy it in the first place. If he can’t afford it then they lose nothing.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby The Hoffmeister » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:32 pm

He received a decent pass on the edge of the box Saturday, he trapped it to Whiteleys.
The Hoffmeister
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Dave Wayne » Tue Nov 21, 2023 9:48 pm

Dave Wayne wrote:
Dave Wayne wrote:
Laney_MTFC wrote:Does anybody know if the game is being shown on any international channels or just iFollow? Cheers

Roughly translates as "does anyone know where I can get this for free with my dodgy firestick, rather than giving the club I support an extra tenner ?" ;)

If he had a dodgy fire stick he wouldn’t need to be looking for international channels as it would already be on there. It’s good exercise though jumping to conclusions.

I do apologise for not being an expert on the various methods of robbing my club of income. The sentiment still applies though.

That’s ok. But don’t forget he is only depriving the club of income if he is in a position to and also intended to buy it in the first place. If he can’t afford it then they lose nothing.

Can't afford something, then don't have it. It's equivalent to climbing over the fence to watch a home match.
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby stagone1959 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:25 pm

chimneyboy wrote:We need to find out whats going on with Boateng, a shadow of the player I thought we had , does not seem interested, or he is unfit, but I've seen better performances from the midfielders of Woodhouse Ex Servicemen

No slagging Boateng off,that is my job.I would suggest he's unfit and a stone overweight.He just ambles around at best, and that is even when he's only introduced with 10mins left.
stagone1959
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby georgefostersbeard » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:29 pm

We have been saying in our position how good and fit he has been looking recently.
The guy who sits next to me said that he has found a good role as a sub for the last twenty minutes as he injects pace bad takes the ball forwards.
Amazing how views differ. He looks a stone lighter than last season to me
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:40 pm

georgefostersbeard wrote:We have been saying in our position how good and fit he has been looking recently.
The guy who sits next to me said that he has found a good role as a sub for the last twenty minutes as he injects pace bad takes the ball forwards.
Amazing how views differ. He looks a stone lighter than last season to me

From when boateng came to mansfield i expected big things from him, in the approaching season and a half he’d score a 5/10 at best, which is a shame for all.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Nov 21, 2023 10:47 pm

Good run out end of !!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:09 pm

The Hoffmeister wrote:

He received a decent pass on the edge of the box Saturday, he trapped it to Whiteleys.

Whiteleys?

I thought Swan and Gale were very average tonight and presented little threat, though as has been said the service to them wasn't great. The fact we ended up with a centre back and a DM/Centre back up front speaks volumes. I think it is a position we need to look at in January, we cannot afford to just have Oates and DKD. We played some good stuff first half and it was great to see Quinn with Maris and Boateng (I agree with GFB above btw) as they combined very well at times 1st half, but our delivery from out wide was terrible and when the forwards did get the ball it wasn't for very long. The free kick near the end from MacDonald summed up our set piece delivery - abysmal. Defensively we looked suspect at times from balls into the box, now clearly with Flint, Cargill and Brunt this is not normally the case so again I felt that neither Cooper or Williams enhanced their chances of first team football - in fairness to Williams, he looked a lot better as a DM second half.

Unlike others I'm disappointed we are now out of this competition, another round would have given some of these players more football, but many of those who played today are unlikely to start another game this season barring injuries. It's also a big earner and any fan of clubs who have won the thing will tell you can give their club real impetus. Obviously league points are more important so I understand team selection to an extent but some of our tactics tonight were baffling to say the least!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:14 pm

)[/quote]

If he had a dodgy fire stick he wouldn’t need to be looking for international channels as it would already be on there. It’s good exercise though jumping to conclusions.[/quote]
I do apologise for not being an expert on the various methods of robbing my club of income. The sentiment still applies though.[/quote]

That’s ok. But don’t forget he is only depriving the club of income if he is in a position to and also intended to buy it in the first place. If he can’t afford it then they lose nothing.[/quote]
Can't afford something, then don't have it. It's equivalent to climbing over the fence to watch a home match.[/quote]

It’s surprising what some people would do to their club. I remember during the covid season someone wanted more back for their season ticket than they had paid for it. I bet that person wouldn’t criticise others though as it would just be hypocritical.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:30 pm

northern stag wrote:we didn’t deserve anything tonight on the balance of play , strange refereeing performance . he allowed all sorts of things to go unpunished …. Swann and Boateng aren’t making a case for selection

The ref was the guy who sent Quinn off for his six game ban vs Harrogate last season.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:06 am

yorkshire stag wrote:what Mason Bennett starting for them ???

we must be signing him in January lol

The whole game was arranged so Cloughy could have a look at him with a view to buying him in January! :D
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:06 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Sneag wrote:Flint is looking every inch a centre half tonight.

No surprises there then.

Only problem is that he was up front :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:35 am

I do apologise for not being an expert on the various methods of robbing my club of income. The sentiment still applies though.[/quote]

That’s ok. But don’t forget he is only depriving the club of income if he is in a position to and also intended to buy it in the first place. If he can’t afford it then they lose nothing.[/quote]
Can't afford something, then don't have it. It's equivalent to climbing over the fence to watch a home match.[/quote]

It’s surprising what some people would do to their club. I remember during the covid season someone wanted more back for their season ticket than they had paid for it. I bet that person wouldn’t criticise others though as it would just be hypocritical.[/quote]
Ok you win. I said something wrong 3 1/2 years ago and admitted I was incorrect for wanting an extra £6 or something refunded, but you keep beating me with it whenever you can as it makes you feel like you got one over on me !!
Meanwhile, a man who claims to have previously worked for the police, civil service, and local government, would rather defend someone defrauding the club and the EFL TV agreements just to have a cheap shot. Do you support people watching games for free that they should be paying for ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:11 am

post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:28 am

Dave Wayne wrote:

It’s surprising what some people would do to their club. I remember during the covid season someone wanted more back for their season ticket than they had paid for it. I bet that person wouldn’t criticise others though as it would just be hypocritical.[/quote]
Ok you win. I said something wrong 3 1/2 years ago and admitted I was incorrect for wanting an extra £6 or something refunded, but you keep beating me with it whenever you can as it makes you feel like you got one over on me !!
Meanwhile, a man who claims to have previously worked for the police, civil service, and local government, would rather defend someone defrauding the club and the EFL TV agreements just to have a cheap shot. Do you support people watching games for free that they should be paying for ?[/quote]

You’re right dave and who’s to say that by watching it on the “dodgy fire stick” for away games might mean that the money “saved” means they can purchase a home ticket the next game which would benefit the club more - if i were in such a position i know what i’d do.

As it was it’s a pointless non competitive game, the only recognised loss we’ve had this season is to port vale
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Wed Nov 22, 2023 7:52 am

Dave Wayne wrote:

Meanwhile, a man who claims to have previously worked for the police, civil service, and local government, would rather defend someone defrauding the club and the EFL TV agreements just to have a cheap shot. Do you support people watching games for free that they should be paying for ?[/quote]

Dave, it’s nothing to do with supporting people who don’t pay but about judging people on the flimsiest of evidence. You attacked a poster for asking a question which on balance probably meant he didn’t regularly watch for nothing and brought down your moral judgement and condemnation for all to see. I tried to balance that with other scenarios but you persisted on two occasions to try and take the high ground. It’s a trait displayed in most of your posts and is not attractive. Sometimes we need reminding of our own behaviour as we forget we live in glass houses and I’ve only ever done that when you persist with your assumptions.

I apologise to other posters for boring you all with this and will try not to repeat it.

And I have never ‘claimed to’ or actually worked for the civil service.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Nov 22, 2023 9:17 am

A decent 1st half but a very disappointing 2nd half. Conceded a poor goal from a corner which we should have cleared. Burton always looked likely to score from a set piece. We then brought on Aden Flint for Stephen Quinn and played him up front. Our passing game then suffered with Quinn and Maris not on the pitch and Boateng and Lewis not at their best.

George Williams and James Gale played well for the Stags with George Williams playing three positions in Jordan Bowery style. Lucas Akins, Stephen Quinn and George Maris had a good 1st half. George Cooper scored a goal but was probably at fault for first goal. Hiram Boateng was very very disappointing. Will Swan had one cleared off the line but failed to make an impact again. Baily Cargill was probably the best of the 2nd half subs.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum