{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

New kit deal with Castore

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: New kit deal with Castore

Postby Ethers1979 » Sat Dec 02, 2023 4:33 pm

Cheers for the heads up, must have been updated, thank you
Ethers1979
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Rob » Sat Dec 02, 2023 7:47 pm

Ethers1979 wrote:Cheers for the heads up, must have been updated, thank you

Yes I updated it as the last two sold were paid for online but not sent from the online stock I hold, it'll be in the post to you on Monday. Cheers :D
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Roger_Sausage » Sun Dec 03, 2023 1:17 pm

Ethers1979 wrote:Cheers for the heads up, must have been updated, thank you

No probs!
Roger_Sausage
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Old timer » Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:38 pm

I was at the Ruddington Christmas market this weekend and was surprised to see officially licensed stuff being sold by a very friendly lady from Great British Outdoor Fires (yes I know, a fire pit company!) but if you go on their website they sell officially licensed Forest and Notts Cricket stuff too. After speaking to her and looking at the website I have no reason to believe it isn't official so it benefits the club too. Looked like good quality and well made stainless steel items. Edit: she said that they no longer operate out of Notcutts Wheatcroft Garden Centre so if you turned up there you will find they have no physical presence there now. The last physical event before Xmas is at the Royal Oak in Radcliffe on Trent on Dec 9th from 4-9pm.
Old timer
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Stoney » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:39 am

I've just looked at the Castore website for the first time. What an absolute joke :lol:

ZERO mens shirts available. You can buy a pair of shorts or a women's away shirt, that's about it.

We must be the only club in the football league where you can't buy a shirt online, not sure how well the club shop is stocked.

Unbelievable that the club is not kicking up a fuss about this.
Stoney
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Dec 04, 2023 7:16 am

Stoney wrote:I've just looked at the Castore website for the first time. What an absolute joke :lol:

ZERO mens shirts available. You can buy a pair of shorts or a women's away shirt, that's about it.

We must be the only club in the football league where you can't buy a shirt online, not sure how well the club shop is stocked.

Unbelievable that the club is not kicking up a fuss about this.

i’ve not known a sports club have a good word for Castore, there must be a clause in the contract if they are not up to std?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:37 am

If anyone watched the EFL highlights show there was a shot of vendors carts outside Elland Road absolutely full of merchandise and that brought home something I'd forgotten you used to see outside grounds to help with enthusiasm and atmosphere and kids urging Dad's etc to buy them something. Isn't it beyond someone's expertise to just do that, walking up to the ground often feels lifeless.

I'm sure with all this negativity to Castore and no options for fans to show their colours that any wide boy or legitimate business trader could sell out pretty quickly.
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:43 am

Castore are a disgrace and whoever agreed to accept what we are all seeing and signed up to it needs to hang their heads in shame whether they are still at the club or not.

At no time, it seems, have the buying supporters considered, no leisure wear available in the Summer, nothing in the shoo to buy as Christmas gifts in Nov/Dec, truly astonishing.

Was it just the fat cheque and no retail responsibility that attracted the decision makers?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Dec 04, 2023 10:24 am

we must have missed out on so much money this season, from beach towels to christmas gifts, let’s just hope the commercial side are on with it
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:45 am

Who is the commercial manager these days? What happened to all the tribute acts they used to have on in the 1861/KBS etc. That side of things has regressed since Big Paul was in charge.
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:53 am

Dan reckons Castore has gone downhill since Mike Ashley is no longer associated with them. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Chrisuknottm » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:12 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:we must have missed out on so much money this season, from beach towels to christmas gifts, let’s just hope the commercial side are on with it

I think the absolute silence from the club on something that has been rumbling on here all season means you shouldn't hold your breath YS !!
Chrisuknottm
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Dan » Mon Dec 04, 2023 12:29 pm

part time pete wrote:Dan reckons Castore has gone downhill since Mike Ashley is no longer associated with them. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:04 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Who is the commercial manager these days? What happened to all the tribute acts they used to have on in the 1861/KBS etc. That side of things has regressed since Big Paul was in charge.

I've been waiting since 2016 to see a full Stereotonics gig at the ground....
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Wed Dec 06, 2023 11:58 am

yorkshire stag wrote:we must have missed out on so much money this season, from beach towels to christmas gifts, let’s just hope the commercial side are on with it

We have had a beach towel debacle ever since i remember.
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:10 am

Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Dec 07, 2023 2:39 pm

Drink.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Colchester Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:46 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:

I think the absolute silence from the club on something that has been rumbling on here all season means you shouldn't hold your breath YS !!

The PR from the club at this moment in time is absolutely 5hit unless, you want to book a mascot package which is, "overpriced."
Colchester Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Colchester Stag » Sun Dec 10, 2023 12:49 pm

Chrisuknottm wrote:If anyone watched the EFL highlights show there was a shot of vendors carts outside Elland Road absolutely full of merchandise and that brought home something I'd forgotten you used to see outside grounds to help with enthusiasm and atmosphere and kids urging Dad's etc to buy them something. Isn't it beyond someone's expertise to just do that, walking up to the ground often feels lifeless.

I'm sure with all this negativity to Castore and no options for fans to show their colours that any wide boy or legitimate business trader could sell out pretty quickly.

The Old Bill will be straight onto them, their carts will be in the back of the Old Bill van heating the flats on Oak Tree within the hour.
Colchester Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby stag324 » Sun Dec 10, 2023 8:35 pm

Do we or did we ever get fan representation in board meetings?
If so, can they not bring it up.
If not, how about Steve Hymas making a comment about the pathetic situation this is ? After all he is on quite often.
stag324
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Dec 11, 2023 4:39 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby old stagsfan123 + _ » Tue Dec 12, 2023 5:38 pm

I got 2 large men's shirts this morning Hip hip Merry Christmas
old stagsfan123 + _
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Fri Dec 15, 2023 10:08 am

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Nutty Stag » Fri Dec 15, 2023 11:06 am

New items added to the Castore shop - size 1 ball, badge, keyring, flag, fridge magnet, glass tankard, mug and water bottle.
Nutty Stag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Fri Dec 15, 2023 12:19 pm

just gone over to Mansfield & popped into the shop, honestly in the 10 mins i was there at leat 4 people asked for sizes of items they didn’t have & you guessed it, no deliveries till after Christmas !

what in earth is the commercial side of the club doing here ?

only at MTFC
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum