{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Mansfield Town Accounts - Yrs Ended 31/12/19-31/12/22

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Mansfield Town Accounts - Yrs Ended 31/12/19-31/12/21

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:00 pm

;) Some are under performing and being over paid ;)
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Fri Jan 06, 2023 2:05 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
Conker wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:At the end of 2019 we were the biggest wage payers in L2. I think we’d be around 4th/5th now, but because high spenders have increased rather than any reduction of our budget.

I highly doubt we spend the same now.

Admittedly that will have been bloated by Walker and Grant, but them aside.

Smaller squad too, I would guess we are spending a fair bit less but still high up in L2
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:05 pm

Conker wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Conker wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:At the end of 2019 we were the biggest wage payers in L2. I think we’d be around 4th/5th now, but because high spenders have increased rather than any reduction of our budget.

I highly doubt we spend the same now.

Admittedly that will have been bloated by Walker and Grant, but them aside.

Smaller squad too, I would guess we are spending a fair bit less but still high up in L2

Yes you may be right actually in terms of spend. I was thinking more in terms of where we rank in budget size compared to the rest of L2
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:31 pm

If I had to estimate the highest playing budgets for 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-2023, I would have gone for:

2020-2021
Bolton Wanderers
Bradford City
Tranmere Rovers
Salford City
Leyton Orient
Mansfield Town
Port Vale
Walsall

2021-2022
Bristol Rovers
Bradford City
Tranmere Rovers
Salford City
Leyton Orient
Swindon Town
Mansfield Town
Northampton Town
Port Vale
Walsall

2022-2023
Bradford City
Tranmere Rovers
Salford City
Stockport County
Leyton Orient
Swindon Town
Mansfield Town
Northampton Town
Doncaster Rovers
Walsall

However, after looking through the figures in the accounts for the year ended 30th June 2021, I'd revise my 2022-2023 estimate as follows:

2022-2023 (Revised)
Salford City
Stockport County
Leyton Orient
Northampton Town
Gillingham
Tranmere Rovers
Mansfield Town
Bradford City
Swindon Town
AFC Wimbledon
Walsall
Grimsby Town
Carlisle United

Bradford City could be higher as they have gone for it more under Derek Adams and Mark Hughes.
Tranmere Rovers could be lower. They offloaded lots of players last season.
Gillingham could be a lot lower as they have offloaded lots of players who played under Steve Evans in League 1.
AFC Wimbledon could be lower as they have dropped down to League 2 and are relying on young players.

Thus more likely:

2022-2023 (Revised)
Salford City
Stockport County
Leyton Orient
Northampton Town
Bradford City
Mansfield Town
Swindon Town
Tranmere Rovers
Gillingham
AFC Wimbledon
Walsall
Grimsby Town
Carlisle United
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 06, 2023 7:13 pm

By budget do you mean wages spent Darren? As I've said on another thread, I'd say our budget is quite a bit higher than what we currently spend.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jan 06, 2023 8:25 pm

I'm estimating/guessing playing budgets for this season based on a) previous knowledge; and b) after looking at the 2021 accounts for all 24 clubs in League 2 plus relegated clubs from League 1 and clubs promoted from the National League. The info in the 2021 accounts was quite surprising in some cases. Orient, Northampton and Gillingham wages were much higher than I expected and Bradford City and Tranmere Rovers lower. The Northampton and Gillingham figures are also for seasons in League 1. Gillingham may have cut their budget but I don't think Northampton will have done as they have an ambitious owner who previously spent a load of money at Oxford. The wages info was missing for some clubs but you can work out the losses from the balance sheet. Salford City and Stockport County made massive losses in recent seasons and so you can conclude they are big spenders.

The information in the accounts for 2021 is for Total Salaries/Wages of all staff including national insurance contributions and pensions. It is the amount actually spent by clubs.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby broomo » Fri Jan 06, 2023 10:01 pm

Rob wrote:By budget do you mean wages spent Darren? As I've said on another thread, I'd say our budget is quite a bit higher than what we currently spend.

Hope you read this without flying off the handle just because it's me posting it Rob.

If you think there's a big pot of cash waiting to be spent and it's just NC deciding not to spend it you're mistaken.

I don't expect us to pay a fee in the window, if we do it will be down to wheeling and dealing.

Not a criticism of JR in any way shape or form but the level of spending of the past decade isn't happening.
broomo
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:16 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm estimating/guessing playing budgets for this season based on a) previous knowledge; and b) after looking at the 2021 accounts for all 24 clubs in League 2 plus relegated clubs from League 1 and clubs promoted from the National League. The info in the 2021 accounts was quite surprising in some cases. Orient, Northampton and Gillingham wages were much higher than I expected and Bradford City and Tranmere Rovers lower. The Northampton and Gillingham figures are also for seasons in League 1. Gillingham may have cut their budget but I don't think Northampton will have done as they have an ambitious owner who previously spent a load of money at Oxford. The wages info was missing for some clubs but you can work out the losses from the balance sheet. Salford City and Stockport County made massive losses in recent seasons and so you can conclude they are big spenders.

The information in the accounts for 2021 is for Total Salaries/Wages of all staff including national insurance contributions and pensions. It is the amount actually spent by clubs.

I'd say 6th could be reasonably accurate from your list but at no stage has Clough asked for a player and been refused by JR, to the best of my knowledge. Therefore, I believe there is more money in the budget to repair the gaping holes in our squad. I'll repeat that there is no way has JR pumped millions into our club just to sit in League 2, ask the managers he sacked, including one for finishing 4th! I think Clough may be given more time than any of his previous managers to succeed, but it is frankly absurd to suggest we don't have one of the strongest wage budgets in this league, a ruse oft used by those defending the failings in the make-up of our current squad. That said, there are of course advantages to being frugal and I would not wish a return to the Evans/Flitcroft days where we had tens of thousands of pounds a week worth of wages sat in the stands - but when you have the gaping holes in the squad you need more investment and that will come, should Clough finally decide to sign players in the areas where most of us know we are struggling. Freeman, for example, if he comes here will be on a very big wage for League 2.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:10 am

Rob wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm estimating/guessing playing budgets for this season based on a) previous knowledge; and b) after looking at the 2021 accounts for all 24 clubs in League 2 plus relegated clubs from League 1 and clubs promoted from the National League. The info in the 2021 accounts was quite surprising in some cases. Orient, Northampton and Gillingham wages were much higher than I expected and Bradford City and Tranmere Rovers lower. The Northampton and Gillingham figures are also for seasons in League 1. Gillingham may have cut their budget but I don't think Northampton will have done as they have an ambitious owner who previously spent a load of money at Oxford. The wages info was missing for some clubs but you can work out the losses from the balance sheet. Salford City and Stockport County made massive losses in recent seasons and so you can conclude they are big spenders.

I'd say 6th could be reasonably accurate from your list but at no stage has Clough asked for a player and been refused by JR, to the best of my knowledge. Therefore, I believe there is more money in the budget to repair the gaping holes in our squad. I'll repeat that there is no way has JR pumped millions into our club just to sit in League 2, ask the managers he sacked, including one for finishing 4th! I think Clough may be given more time than any of his previous managers to succeed, but it is frankly absurd to suggest we don't have one of the strongest wage budgets in this league, a ruse oft used by those defending the failings in the make-up of our current squad. That said, there are of course advantages to being frugal and I would not wish a return to the Evans/Flitcroft days where we had tens of thousands of pounds a week worth of wages sat in the stands - but when you have the gaping holes in the squad you need more investment and that will come, should Clough finally decide to sign players in the areas where most of us know we are struggling. Freeman, for example, if he comes here will be on a very big wage for League 2.
The money may be there for the right player Rob, but unlike the two previous managers you mention NC will not pay over the odds for Mr Average. I welcome that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jan 07, 2023 7:15 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:

The money may be there for the right player Rob, for example Naylor, but unlike the two previous managers you mention NC will not pay over the odds for Mr Average. I welcome that.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jan 07, 2023 11:50 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:

The money may be there for the right player Rob, but unlike the two previous managers you mention NC will not pay over the odds for Mr Average. I welcome that.

I agree Andy and as I said I welcome that. In fact that's why if we finish outside top 7, whilst JR would sack almost every other manager, with some justification, I'm not so sure he will this time
Rob
Manager
Manager

Re: Mansfield Town Accounts - Yrs Ended 31/12/19-31/12/22

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Dec 18, 2023 9:33 am

NOTES ON MANSFIELD TOWN ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST DECEMBER 2021

This is a summary of the Mansfield Town accounts for the year ended 31st December 2021 which were approved at the club’s Annual General Meeting on Thursday 22nd December 2022. These accounts cover the second half of the covid affected 2020-2021 season when the Stags finished a disappointing 16th under Graham Coughlan and Nigel Clough after failing to win any of the first eleven games under Graham Coughlan. Mansfield did reach the 3rd Rd of the FA Cup under Nigel Clough knocking out Sunderland 1-0 at the Stadium of Light before losing 2-1 to Cheltenham Town in extra time in the 3rd Rd.

The accounts also cover the first half of 2021-2022 when the Stags finished 3 points off automatic promotion in 7th with 77 points. We then beat Northampton Town in the League 2 Play Off Semi Finals to reach Wembley where we sadly lost to Port Vale. The financial figures for the second half of that season will be in the 2022 accounts which will be laid before shareholders today.

The headlines are that the football club’s finances still remained significantly affected by covid and the lockdown but the club’s losses had reduced from £322,593 in 2020 to £45,774 in 2021.

PROFIT (LOSS)
2021 (£45,774)
2020 (£322,593)
2019 (£50,904)
2018 (£116,281)
2017 (£132,785) (6 months from 1st July)
2016-2017 £6,403
2015-2016 (£10,077)

TURNOVER (INCOME)

The club’s total income increased to £4,130,265 compared to £3,074,465 in 2020. It was £5,706,953 in 2019.

Match Day Income increased to £940,628 compared to £469,103 in 2020. It was £1,268,368 in 2019. All the home games in the second half of the 2020-2021 season were played behind closed doors. The majority of income must have come from season ticket sales for 2021-2022 and 16 home league and cup games for that season.

Football and Media Income (which includes the EFL Distributions and Premier League Solidarity Payments) increased from £1,556,496 to £1,719,138.

Commercial Income increased from £1,048,886 to £1,470,499. It was £3,081,359 in 2019.

EXPENDITURE

Total Wages and Salaries including national insurance contributions and pension costs increased from £3,143,956 to £3,279,040. It was £5,083,199 in 2019.

The average number of staff including directors was 48 compared to 26 in 2020.

Staff whose costs were recharged to group and connected companies were 198 compared to 203 in 2020.

Player Agent Fees increased from to £56,903 to £70,624. They were £133,840 in 2019

Player medical costs fell from £92,712 to £46,830.

Management Charges increased from £36,050 to £48,066.

The rent paid for using Field Mill increased from £47,210 to £49,806.

Academy Funding increased from £30,000 to £40,000.

Energy Bills increased from £27,010 to £62,871. They were £66,324 in 2019.

Travel and Hotel Costs fell from £69,335 to £34,044.

Repairs and Maintenance increased from £88,146 to £164,570. It was £362,209 in 2019.

Other expenses (2020 figures in brackets):
Legal and Professional £29,511 (£31,091)
Motor Expenses £36,504 (£18,693)
Trade Subscriptions £26,246 (£12,664)
Rates £9,881 (£7,220)
Telephone and Fax £6,763 (£6,981)
Water £11,144 (£6,704)
Bank Charges £8,557 (£5,685)
Cleaning £6,233 (£4,704)
Printing and Stationery £7 (£2,883)
Accountancy Fees £25,580 (£2,820)
Entertainment £4,602 (£625)

LOANS OWED TO ONE CALL AND OTHER GROUP COMPANIES

The loans owed to One Call and other group companies fell by around £800,000 from £4,523,361 in 2020 to £3,723,391.

The football club was owed £342,561 from companies under common control and £31,203 from fellow group companies.

The football club made sales of £1,216,666 to fellow group companies.

Other creditors amounted to £761,791. This includes £688,017 owed to directors and former directors.

RSCPBR (Ultimate Parent Company)
The ultimate parent company of Mansfield Town is now RSCPBR Limited which operates a diverse range of businesses including the football club, a claims handling company, vehicle credit hire, vehicle recovery and rescue services, vehicle damage repair and solar energy.

The sole director of RSCPBR is John Radford and he is the sole shareholder

MANSFIELD 1861 LIMITED (Immediate Parent Company)
RSCPBR Limited own all the 100 issued shares in Mansfield 1861 Limited (formerly known as Amber 12 Limited). The directors of Mansfield 1861 Limited are John Radford and Carolyn Radford.

Mansfield 1861 Limited own the majority shareholding in Mansfield Town Football Club Limited.

A big thank you to John Radford and Carolyn Radford and the other directors for their financial support of the football club during the difficult economic times caused by Covid and the lockdown.

The AGM to approve the 2022 accounts will be held at Field Mill later today at 1.00pm where shareholders will hopefully receive a copy of the full accounts for 2022.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Dec 18, 2023 10:26 am

The AGM to approve the 2022 accounts will be held at Field Mill later today at 1.00pm where shareholders will hopefully receive a copy of the full accounts for 2022.

It looks from the abbreviated accounts at Companies House that the club lost around £50,000 in 2022.

Amounts owed to group undertakings fell from £3,723,191 to £3,675,509 but there was also £210,565 owed to connected companies.

There was a very large increase in the rent charged to the football club for using Field Mill. This increased from £47,210 to £240,000.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:03 am

Does this rent money not just go to JR and then back into the club ?
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Mon Dec 18, 2023 11:06 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:NOTES ON MANSFIELD TOWN ACCOUNTS FOR THE YEAR ENDED 31ST DECEMBER 2021

This is a summary of the Mansfield Town accounts for the year ended 31st December 2021 which were approved at the club’s Annual General Meeting on Thursday 22nd December 2022. These accounts cover the second half of the covid affected 2020-2021 season when the Stags finished a disappointing 16th under Graham Coughlan and Nigel Clough after failing to win any of the first eleven games under Graham Coughlan. Mansfield did reach the 3rd Rd of the FA Cup under Nigel Clough knocking out Sunderland 1-0 at the Stadium of Light before losing 2-1 to Cheltenham Town in extra time in the 3rd Rd.

The accounts also cover the first half of 2021-2022 when the Stags finished 3 points off automatic promotion in 7th with 77 points. We then beat Northampton Town in the League 2 Play Off Semi Finals to reach Wembley where we sadly lost to Port Vale. The financial figures for the second half of that season will be in the 2022 accounts which will be laid before shareholders today.

The headlines are that the football club’s finances still remained significantly affected by covid and the lockdown but the club’s losses had reduced from £322,593 in 2020 to £45,774 in 2021.

PROFIT (LOSS)
2021 (£45,774)
2020 (£322,593)
2019 (£50,904)
2018 (£116,281)
2017 (£132,785) (6 months from 1st July)
2016-2017 £6,403
2015-2016 (£10,077)

TURNOVER (INCOME)

The club’s total income increased to £4,130,265 compared to £3,074,465 in 2020. It was £5,706,953 in 2019.

Match Day Income increased to £940,628 compared to £469,103 in 2020. It was £1,268,368 in 2019. All the home games in the second half of the 2020-2021 season were played behind closed doors. The majority of income must have come from season ticket sales for 2021-2022 and 16 home league and cup games for that season.

Football and Media Income (which includes the EFL Distributions and Premier League Solidarity Payments) increased from £1,556,496 to £1,719,138.

Commercial Income increased from £1,048,886 to £1,470,499. It was £3,081,359 in 2019.

EXPENDITURE

Total Wages and Salaries including national insurance contributions and pension costs increased from £3,143,956 to £3,279,040. It was £5,083,199 in 2019.

The average number of staff including directors was 48 compared to 26 in 2020.

Staff whose costs were recharged to group and connected companies were 198 compared to 203 in 2020.

Player Agent Fees increased from to £56,903 to £70,624. They were £133,840 in 2019

Player medical costs fell from £92,712 to £46,830.

Management Charges increased from £36,050 to £48,066.

The rent paid for using Field Mill increased from £47,210 to £49,806.

Academy Funding increased from £30,000 to £40,000.

Energy Bills increased from £27,010 to £62,871. They were £66,324 in 2019.

Travel and Hotel Costs fell from £69,335 to £34,044.

Repairs and Maintenance increased from £88,146 to £164,570. It was £362,209 in 2019.

Other expenses (2020 figures in brackets):
Legal and Professional £29,511 (£31,091)
Motor Expenses £36,504 (£18,693)
Trade Subscriptions £26,246 (£12,664)
Rates £9,881 (£7,220)
Telephone and Fax £6,763 (£6,981)
Water £11,144 (£6,704)
Bank Charges £8,557 (£5,685)
Cleaning £6,233 (£4,704)
Printing and Stationery £7 (£2,883)
Accountancy Fees £25,580 (£2,820)
Entertainment £4,602 (£625)

LOANS OWED TO ONE CALL AND OTHER GROUP COMPANIES

The loans owed to One Call and other group companies fell by around £800,000 from £4,523,361 in 2020 to £3,723,391.

The football club was owed £342,561 from companies under common control and £31,203 from fellow group companies.

The football club made sales of £1,216,666 to fellow group companies.

Other creditors amounted to £761,791. This includes £688,017 owed to directors and former directors.

RSCPBR (Ultimate Parent Company)
The ultimate parent company of Mansfield Town is now RSCPBR Limited which operates a diverse range of businesses including the football club, a claims handling company, vehicle credit hire, vehicle recovery and rescue services, vehicle damage repair and solar energy.

The sole director of RSCPBR is John Radford and he is the sole shareholder

MANSFIELD 1861 LIMITED (Immediate Parent Company)
RSCPBR Limited own all the 100 issued shares in Mansfield 1861 Limited (formerly known as Amber 12 Limited). The directors of Mansfield 1861 Limited are John Radford and Carolyn Radford.

Mansfield 1861 Limited own the majority shareholding in Mansfield Town Football Club Limited.

A big thank you to John Radford and Carolyn Radford and the other directors for their financial support of the football club during the difficult economic times caused by Covid and the lockdown.

£7 on printing and stationary?

Are staff required to bring in their own pencil cases? :lol:
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Dec 18, 2023 12:45 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Does this rent money not just go to JR and then back into the club ?

I would imagine it goes to the John Radford stadium co.ltd and not MTFC Ltd.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Dec 18, 2023 1:47 pm

So same thing then..
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Re: Mansfield Town Accounts For Year Ended 31st December 201

Postby steve-hymas » Tue Dec 19, 2023 8:52 am

chip63 wrote:I suppose Sharpes wages are in that amount, not sure about John and Caroline or Steve Hymas,
50 staff on 20k is 1 million.

For clarity I don’t take a wage from the football club .
steve-hymas
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Mansfield Town Accounts For Year Ended 31st December 201

Postby Johnny H » Tue Dec 19, 2023 5:46 pm

steve-hymas wrote:
chip63 wrote:I suppose Sharpes wages are in that amount, not sure about John and Caroline or Steve Hymas,
50 staff on 20k is 1 million.

For clarity I don’t take a wage from the football club .

Steve,
Not wanting to put you on the spot.....but...
Will there be any comment from the club regarding merchandise or the lack of it.
I under stand that Team Kits, Training Wear etc are probably having to be covered by Castore but what about Hats, Scarves, etc
I have had two new born Grandsons this summer and not been able to buy Bibs, BabyGrows etc from the club (I know other outlets may do them....but I would rather give cash to MTFC for official merchandise.....the website was constantly out of stock.
Xmas is upon us and lots of opportunities have been missed for many different items to be sold.
IMO we have more younger supporters now then I have ever known in my 43 years as a fan.......we should be able to buy MTFC gifts
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum