{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stagsnet report

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stagsnet report

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:52 pm

"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: Stagsnet report

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:16 pm

Thanks Martin, I would like to read your views on the two needless bookings for Pearce and Preston, avoidable and perhaps lack of discipline?
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:29 am

Chimney wrote:Thanks Martin, I would like to read your views on the two needless bookings for Pearce and Preston, avoidable and perhaps lack of discipline?

I thought Pearce did nothing wrong, it looked like he pulled khan out of a scuffle so he didn't get in anymore trouble but maybe I missed something
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 24, 2018 7:44 am

Chimney wrote:Thanks Martin, I would like to read your views on the two needless bookings for Pearce and Preston, avoidable and perhaps lack of discipline?

Preston was booked for wasting time. Correct decision from the ref. Pearce appeared to arguing the case (as captain) to the referee for Khan, after the melee involving Khan, Conlon and then others. I haven't checked the video to see if he did anything else.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby lifestags » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:28 am

Martin Shaw wrote:

Preston was booked for wasting time. Correct decision from the ref. Pearce appeared to arguing the case (as captain) to the referee for Khan, after the melee involving Khan, Conlon and then others. I haven't checked the video to see if he did anything else.

Was it for the initial challenge that lead to the free kick? This was before the scuffle involving Khan.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:57 am

lifestags wrote:
Martin Shaw wrote:

Was it for the initial challenge that lead to the free kick? This was before the scuffle involving Khan.

yes. I just checked the video. Pearce commits a foul, then Khan and Conlon are involved in pushing and shoving. All three were booked. Pearce a bit unlucky. Khan and Conlon rightly booked.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:51 am

Seen Bentley questioning whether the corner that led to the goal was actually a corner. Any thoughts Martin?
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:28 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:Seen Bentley questioning whether the corner that led to the goal was actually a corner. Any thoughts Martin?

Yes, I've updated my report after studying the video:

A note on the winning of the corner itself. After the game Morecambe boss Jim Bentley bemoaned that it should not have been a corner having watched it back on the video. He’s right. From the video, Walker crosses, it is blocked by Conlon, and then comes off Walker again before going out. It should have been a goal-kick.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:42 pm

Hey that's football isn't it. Decisions for, decisions against all season. They'll even themselves out over time. Hey but for a wrong decision we could've won the P/O Final in Cardiff ;)
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:48 pm

my player ratings and detailed report now on

http://stagsnet.net/match/reports/viewr ... atchid=951