{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Shrimps Scorefred sponsored by Leave them shell shocked

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Shrimps Scorefred sponsored by Leave them shell shocked

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
Rob wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:Great win :D Also be good if so called 'fans' stopped making digs at others who have criticised our manager...As I have said before, we all want the same thing! Onwards and upwards :coys:

Hilarious :lol: You want the manager sacked, you bang on about it constantly, I certainly don't want the same thing as you!

'I am not a df fan because his results are poor. I can understand people saying to hold off on sacking him though because we dont want the reputation as a sacking club.'

The above is what I posted yesterday. I have an opinion that DF has done a poor job (which he has) but hardly been 'banging on about it constantly'. My total posts on here prove that wrong for a start. We won, I am delighted at that. Is that ok with you? Christ. :roll:
On a different note. Think this formation works well away. We are solid and hard to break down. Would prefer to see us alter it slightly at home in order to create more though.

Don’t get wound up by the rubbish rob speaks. He’s not worth the effort

He knows all, you can’t beat his knowledge - even after a win he’s reducing the thread into a bitching thread, something he claims he doesn’t like on the first place
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:15 pm

Rob wrote:
Harrington St Hero wrote:That’s a great 3 points away on a cold Tuesday night, well done to the team and the 144 folks who went to Morecambe.

We still lack potency up front but I think nearly every team in this division has the same issue. It’ll be a tight league and it’s all still to play for COYS

I played cricket against Phil Stant this summer, how many would he score in this team, he is exactly what we need, no cocking about, smash.

I think Craig Davies is that type of shoot on sight player, unfortunately him being injured is leaving us a bit short.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:16 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:Some of you are literally just the other side of the same coin, why not just keep it to a proper discussion about this game, our performance - what it could mean for our next game?

I get it some of you are upset people have different opinions about DF, etc etc but why the raspberry does that matter in this thread? This problem will persist until you look in the mirror.

Yeah thanks for that, it really added to the debate :lol: I take it you haven't read the bile filled score threads of games we haven't won then!

You are like a man on a warpath Rob, It’s nobody else’s fault you get upset but your own don’t take it out on other anonymous message board usernames because they think Flitcroft is a poor manager.

You can always ignore them mate if it’s always like this.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:17 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:Some of you are literally just the other side of the same coin, why not just keep it to a proper discussion about this game, our performance - what it could mean for our next game?

I get it some of you are upset people have different opinions about DF, etc etc but why the raspberry does that matter in this thread? This problem will persist until you look in the mirror.

Yeah thanks for that, it really added to the debate :lol: I take it you haven't read the bile filled score threads of games we haven't won then!

You are like a man on a warpath Rob, It’s nobody else’s fault you get upset but your own don’t take it out on other anonymous message board usernames because they think Flitcroft is a poor manager.

Hey we're all entitled to Rob's opinion. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:19 pm

Sneag wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

I'm being ganged up on by the Flexiters :lol:

I think I'll live.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:26 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:On way back from the game with three points. Boys worked hard all over the field against a hard working yet poor home side. We worked the ball well but again finishing was poor and decision making in front of goal was frustrating. Defence looked tight but yet again some very poor bookings picked up by our players. Won ugly but against better opposition who knows. We'll done to all who travelled, the late goal hoodoo broken. 3pts is what was needed and that has been achieved so well done Stags.

Cap doffed
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:29 pm

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:

I'm being ganged up on by the Flexiters :lol:

I think I'll live.

Hey I’m the neutral one remember having a go at both sides, only one bite funnily enough.you one side of the pound coin, the Flexiters the others.

You think he’s brilliant, they think he’s a raspberryshow - I think he’s bang average :lol:
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:33 pm

Conker wrote:Hey I’m the neutral one remember, you one side of the pound coin, the Flexiters the others.

You think he’s brilliant, they think he’s a raspberryshow - I think he’s bang average :lol:

Fence sitter! I don't think he is brilliant just yet, I think he has a lot to prove but must be given time to prove it. We play much better football, are hard to beat, are still well in touch and with a few decent additions in the Jan window I do think we can mount a promotion challenge. Sacking him now would be an act of stupidity and would set the club back another year.

By the way, you weren't included in the Flexit gang :lol:
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:37 pm

The concern of those not keen on him was and still is legitimate.

There was a feeling he wasn’t learning from his mistakes and the same things kept happening. Some on here amusingly, and to their embarrassment kept claiming those who were anti flitcroft wanted Mansfield to lose, which let them down somewhat.

Tonight, we went 1-0 up away and held on. It’s the result everyone wanted and we’re all happy. Whats needed is confidence from this and he can learn from his mistakes.

We’ve a busy couple of weeks, results in this period will have a strong impact on our season. Let’s hope it follows tonight’s positive path
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:38 pm

Rob wrote:
adamstag wrote:We bloody won. And away

Get your lottery numbers on!

Happy days. Totally thrilled, looked good and composed and did what needed to be done.

Delighted.

Indeed, thankfully we'll be spared your mantra for a few more days, still it'll be Saturday soon enough, you might as well keep those knives ready.

Probably one of our poorest displays of the season, really poor in front of goal and as much as I am a fan of CJ he did all the hard work and then stuffed it up time and time again. Preston's distribution was woeful but Bishop was outstanding.

We were so nervous in the last 20, understandable after so many points had been thrown away, hopefully this will give them more confidence because I think we have a really good side just lacking that killer instinct.

I think we sometimes miss a Mcguire or Murray type of influence to steady the ship and keep the players fired up. I guess that could have been Cameron's role if he'd stayed fit
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:39 pm

Rob wrote:
Conker wrote:Hey I’m the neutral one remember, you one side of the pound coin, the Flexiters the others.

Fence sitter! I don't think he is brilliant just yet, I think he has a lot to prove but must be given time to prove it. We play much better football, are hard to beat, are still well in touch and with a few decent additions in the Jan window I do think we can mount a promotion challenge. Sacking him now would be an act of stupidity and would set the club back another year.

By the way, you weren't included in the Flexit gang :lol:

I also think we can mount a challenge, we will know in about two weeks time if him and the squad is up to the task IMO - good start tonight but unless we back it up in the next couple of games we will be back to square one.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:41 pm

adamstag wrote:The concern of those not keen on him was and still is legitimate.

There was a feeling he wasn’t learning from his mistakes and the same things kept happening. Some on here amusingly, and to their embarrassment kept claiming those who were anti flitcroft wanted Mansfield to lose, which let them down somewhat.

Tonight, we went 1-0 up away and held on. It’s the result everyone wanted and we’re all happy. Whats needed is confidence from this and he can learn from his mistakes.

We’ve a busy couple of weeks, results in this period will have a strong impact on our season. Let’s hope it follows tonight’s positive path

Very true, altho tbf he learned about Logan some 50 games quicker than Evans never did ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:01 pm

Good solid win.

Could of easily been three nil if Danny Rose had took a couple of his numerous good chances.

The difference between this game and the Bury and Cambridge Games was there was no deflections or absurdly poor marking in the penalty area in the final five minutes.

Forwards to the McDons game now.

COYS
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:12 pm

We made hard work of it tonight, what worries me is the needless bookings in particular the defenders, when the Lincoln/county games come up we don’t need to be missing key defenders
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:40 pm

Lost 1 all season.
Unbeaten in 6 games.
Unbeaten away all season so far.
Playing good football.
Win our games in hand and we're on the edge of the autos, 7 points off top.
Flitcroft Out.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:10 pm

ParisStag wrote:Lost 1 all season.
Unbeaten in 6 games.
Playing good football.
Flitcroft Out.

Quite.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:34 pm

James wrote:Walker’s all round play tonight has been really good. Sometimes looks a cut above our level. If only his finishing was at that level right now.

Either we've got two Walkers or I've just been to a different game.
The Walker I watched tonight was idle, uninterested and piss poor.
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:43 pm

Unbeaten in 6 games.
Playing good football.
Flitcroft Out.

Playing devils advocate I’ll counter that with:

One of the worst win records of any stags manager ever
2nd lowest scorers in top 12
Fewest wins in top thirteen
One of biggest budgets in division

But things are looking up
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:18 am

[list=][/list]
Chimney wrote:
Unbeaten in 6 games.
Playing good football.
Flitcroft Out.

True mate jury still out with me, but a win is a win.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Wed Oct 24, 2018 12:54 am

The One wrote:[list=][/list]
Chimney wrote:
Unbeaten in 6 games.
Playing good football.
Flitcroft Out.

True mate jury still out with me, but a win is a win.

Is this top trumps ?
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:21 am

Chimney wrote:
Unbeaten in 6 games.
Playing good football.
Flitcroft Out.

Bang on sir!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Wed Oct 24, 2018 4:52 am

scotsstag wrote:
James wrote:Walker’s all round play tonight has been really good. Sometimes looks a cut above our level. If only his finishing was at that level right now.

Either we've got two Walkers or I've just been to a different game.
The Walker I watched tonight was idle, uninterested and piss poor.

Personally I thought Walker offered more than Danny Rose last night. He kept posession better than Rose, his movement off the ball was better and he managed to get a shot on target. Needs a goal to get going.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:41 am

Chimney wrote:
Unbeaten in 6 games.
Playing good football.
Flitcroft Out.

Glass half full or half empty. Take your pick.

Optimistic or pessimistic. What ever makes your life happier ?

In the end we all want the same outcome.

COYS.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:53 am

Chimney wrote:
Unbeaten in 6 games.
Playing good football.
Flitcroft Out.

And I'll devil your devil's advocate! ;)

Played least amount of games in L2
6th best GF tally in L2
Probably up to 20% of our 'biggest budget' was locked in on unwanted / crocked players we couldn't shift
Played without 2 star CB's every game
Not been hammered in any scoreline this season

Domino! :P

Is there any chance items 2 & 3 of your list might be down to item 1 in mine, Chim?

So things are looking more up than perhaps you give credit, me owd glum chum ;)
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:13 am

Good comments but it would be a boring place if we all came on here and kissed the gaffers backside and I may counter your counter this afternoon as I’m knackered and going back to bed
Last edited by Vicar Jeremiah on Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum