{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Robins Scorefred sponsored by DF team comes bobbin along

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Robins Scorefred sponsored by DF team comes bobbin a

Postby AlanStag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:16 pm

Bros wrote:Would the Flitcroft Out brigade like to give us names of managers that they would bring in to replace him

Michael Appleton.

For me DF has got until the Lincoln game to prove his worth. In that space we play; Morecambe, Crewe, Cheltenham, Grimsby and Port Vale which are all games a top side would be expected to win, the trickiest game being at home to MK Dons which again is very much winable. A minimum of 4 wins from the 6 is needed, any less simply won't do.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:18 pm

The way its looking now we are not likely to reach top 3 even with winning both games in hand which is again not certain but of course possible.
If JR is happy with mid table then I think flopp it and flop out will be given to the end of the season in the hope the building blocks are there for next seasons assault as top 3 team.

Lincoln seem to have got it right at the moment and we seem a few miles of it currently but the words from the players and DF are warm, cosy and encouraging and everybody recognises we are building and moving slowly forward so will give him more time yet.

We need a run of say 3 wins minimum to keep anywhere near top 3 and this does seem like it will hard work at the moment.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:26 pm

Agree with Alan that there are some winnable games coming up and that’s what we must do to stay in touch at a minimum. We’re getting to the point where we have to change our potential into wins or we will be nearly men all season.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 pm

Yeah we are approaching the time where we have to start making it happen or it's never going to - minimum 7 points to finish this month off we need to show some sort of turnaround.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:43 pm

The fact is not everyone is going to agree, we're football fans and it's part and parcel of football.

If the likes of Rob don't agree with me then so be it, i'll still sleep well at night.

My concern on him is the repeated mistakes, especially away. Saturday, quite obviously was not one of these and was an impressive result in the end - especially as we've a poor recent record against them.

I always said that Adam Murray "sacked himself" as he lost his balls in a thrilling 3-2 loss to Bristol Rovers - one of the better games i've seen at FM in sometime, despite the result. What that result should have done was spurred him on to keep playing the great, exciting football we played under him - instead he descended into negative, defensive football which did no-one any favours - he kept making the same negative and defensive mistakes and got caught out time in time out.

Now, the football and players under Flitcroft is obviously much better than that, but the tale of the manager who keeps making the same mistakes to his detriment remains - to succeed a more positive approach needs to be taken, especially away through when we're hindered by either negative tactics and/or being slightly unlucky- the players also need to take some ownership too - especially wasteful forwards. If he can master that he may well come good, keep making the same mistakes which he is doing - and the status quo remains the same.

As for those who claim that folk "enjoy" seeing us fail - it's a nonsense. Why would people spend hours upon hours at great expense to see their beloved side play hoping they don't win - I get frustrated with DF for the above reasons, but I certainly take no enjoyment in at all when we keep failing. He's been here for half a season now - whether folk do or don't agree with comments on his record to now - the record he currently has must improve significantly and soon.

Let's hope for all our sakes this occurs and we can have a happy ending in May
Last edited by adamstag on Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby spanishstag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:20 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Do we actually have any other fans who dont particularly want DF sacked but are worried about his results since joining the club?

Feels like reading this forum you have to want him fired or believe hes the best manager this world have ever seen.

I dont want him sacked ,but i also dont think hes the best thing since sliced bread ,,i just feel that at this moment in time he,s the right fit for us especially after having been through the evans experience i like the way he goes about his buisness ,progressive football,looking to develop the youth side of things i know it doesn,t please everyone but evans was never going to be a long term appointment and even if we had gone up im not certain we would have been good enough going by some of his signings ,i hope he is given this season at least and if we fail but see signs of improvement then its up to jr patience is a virtue and it seems in short supply nowadays lets hope it works out for us :coys:
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:42 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Vice President wrote:How long should DF be given? .......... At least until the end of the season. Ian Greaves took 3 seasons to get us promoted! (and he also had some top players at his disposal). Some people need to be a bit more patient.

I see DF as a long term manager, part of the bigger picture, rather than a short term fix/'Steve Evans go for broke' type of manager.

Some people on here believe we have the best squad in the league and that we should be entitled to promotion. That is simply wrong.
Perspective and patience are called for in the wake of expectations from the aftermath of the Steve Evans circus.

These draws are frustrating. I remember Ian Greaves had the same problem, and he slowly but surely made changes that made all the difference. I feel that we could be in the same arena again - and throwing out the baby and the bathwater right now is not the answer.

The team Ian Greaves took over were awful and dropping like a stone. Flipflop took over a team that were flying and managed to balls it all up.
No DF didn't take on a team, he took on a group of expensive individuals who where put together by SE's scattergun recruitment technique.

We are still suffering the consequences.

I don't think SE knew his best team.

So we weren't fourth with game in hand and on a roll when Flipflop came in ? :roll: :roll:

You're wasting your breath on some blinkered fools :roll:

Especially those who aren't spending the owners money and don't pretend to know everything about football management ;)

When you've paid up the £300k and plucked this managerial dreadnought from the footballing ether, then i'll definitely believe every word bud :D

In the meantime, it gives us some scraps to snarl about while we wait for the next game ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:09 pm

So we weren't fourth with game in hand and on a roll when Flipflop came in ? :roll: :roll:[/quote]

You're wasting your breath on some blinkered fools :roll:[/quote]

Especially those who aren't spending the owners money and don't pretend to know everything about football management ;)

When you've paid up the £300k and plucked this managerial dreadnought from the footballing ether, then i'll definitely believe every word bud :D

In the meantime, it gives us some scraps to snarl about while we wait for the next game ;)[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Another divvy, JR won't blink at having to sack him if his results continue in the same vein.

Ps I don't want him sacked I want him to be a bit more adventurous and braver if we are in the lead.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:46 pm

AlanStag wrote:
Bros wrote:Would the Flitcroft Out brigade like to give us names of managers that they would bring in to replace him

Michael Appleton.

For me DF has got until the Lincoln game to prove his worth. In that space we play; Morecambe, Crewe, Cheltenham, Grimsby and Port Vale which are all games a top side would be expected to win, the trickiest game being at home to MK Dons which again is very much winable. A minimum of 4 wins from the 6 is needed, any less simply won't do.

And whats a new manager going to do with a squad thats not his? moan they're not good enough and we wait untill summer, for them to not get all their targets and wait for them to have another season/preseaon and in the process of all that happening want someone else.... this sacking the manager every season raspberry needs to stop.
Give the man a fair chance.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:22 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:Do we actually have any other fans who dont particularly want DF sacked but are worried about his results since joining the club?

Feels like reading this forum you have to want him fired or believe hes the best manager this world have ever seen.

I disagree. All fans are disappointed with the number of draws, but some have perspective whilst others, like you, don't. I hope DF rams your words down your throat, I'll help him!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Grendon Stag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:26 pm

Rob wrote:

I disagree. All fans are disappointed with the number of draws, but some have perspective whilst others, like you, don't. I hope DF rams your words down your throat, I'll help him!

I wouldn't hold your breath!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:28 pm

Rob wrote:

Did you read my post? Where in the above did I say I wanted him out?

It was just a general comment on the state of this forum around DF.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:37 pm

Rob wrote:

Crikey calm down. He asked a rational question...
Everyone on here is a stags fan and wants the same end goal. I am not a df fan because his results are poor. I can understand people saying to hold off on sacking him though because we dont want the reputation as a sacking club. But everyone slating fans who want him gone and acting like they are crazy are ridiculous. He has taken us from 4th to 13th....there would be a section of fans at any club across the entire country wanting him gone at this point.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Oct 22, 2018 6:50 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Another divvy, JR won't blink at having to sack him if his results continue in the same vein.

Ps I don't want him sacked I want him to be a bit more adventurous and braver if we are in the lead.

A divvy perhaps, but one that knows how to use quotes in posts :P

Fair enough bud, my opinion is just as valid as yours. If evaluating the full picture, rather than just 1 aspect, is stupid then yeah I'm more than happy to sign up as honorary member of the divvy club ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby scotsstag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:13 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:
Rob wrote:

Crikey calm down. He asked a rational question...
Everyone on here is a stags fan and wants the same end goal. I am not a df fan because his results are poor. I can understand people saying to hold off on sacking him though because we dont want the reputation as a sacking club. But everyone slating fans who want him gone and acting like they are crazy are ridiculous. He has taken us from 4th to 13th....there would be a section of fans at any club across the entire country wanting him gone at this point.

Great well rounded post..
scotsstag
Manager
Manager

Postby AlanStag » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:03 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
AlanStag wrote:

Michael Appleton.

And whats a new manager going to do with a squad thats not his? moan they're not good enough and we wait untill summer, for them to not get all their targets and wait for them to have another season/preseaon and in the process of all that happening want someone else.... this sacking the manager every season raspberry needs to stop.
Give the man a fair chance.

Can't recall Flitcroft moaning about the squad? It was widely accepted he inherited a squad capable of the play offs at the very least and at the minute has turned it into a mid-table side.

I don't get where this idea of constantly sacking managers has come from either? Cox was here for 3 seasons and I backed him every time despite others not doing. Murray was here for 2 years and Evans left of his own accord? Like I said Flitcroft has the next 6 games to prove he's capable of delivering on what he was bought into do, if not you have to draw a line and look elsewhere.
AlanStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum