{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Danny Rose comes off the transfer list

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Rose comes off the transfer list

Postby Sneag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:25 am

tmwilson wrote:I don't get the abuse he's getting about putting in a transfer request . It's a different world now . Agents turn many a footballers head . Everyone wants to play at a higher level and for more money .
Ray Clarke was a favourite , hero , a legend for many fans .
He did exactly the same but without a agent promising this and that .

I agree, players are pimped out by their agents and in the modern game a contract is not worth the paper it's written on.

The big difference between Danny and Ray Clarke is, Ray smashed in 20+ goals for us two seasons running and was way too good for Div3, which is why he ended up at Ajax after Sparta Rotterdam. I'm a bit hazy on the timings but I always thought Ray moved in the closed season.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:17 am

Sneag wrote:
tmwilson wrote:I don't get the abuse he's getting about putting in a transfer request . It's a different world now . Agents turn many a footballers head . Everyone wants to play at a higher level and for more money .

I agree, players are pimped out by their agents and in the modern game a contract is not worth the paper it's written on.

The big difference between Danny and Ray Clarke is, Ray smashed in 20+ goals for us two seasons running and was way too good for Div3, which is why he ended up at Ajax after Sparta Rotterdam. I'm a bit hazy on the timings but I always thought Ray moved in the closed season.

He still turned down a new offer from us and asked for a transfer . I'm not condoning what Clarke did . He's one of my all time favourites . My point is that the way football is and doesn't matter what player it is . If a player has the chance to move to a different team , either down to it being a higher league , financially or location then I don't have a issue with it . As long as he gives 100% while here then that's all we can ask for .

I'm quite certain Danny wasn't unhappy here . It's more of a case that he wanted to play a league higher , just like Bennett . Only difference is that Bennett was out of contract and didn't have to put a transfer request in . Bennett has recieved no backlash although the lad refused to sign a new deal with us .
Rose is a good player . He would get in any other team in this division. What I've seen of Walker , I rate Rose a lot more . I'd rather have Rose over Hemmings and Miller .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:38 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Our fans are an embarrassment sometimes. Even worse than that stand!!! Danny is a cracking player at this level and I’m glad he’s ours.

Must be very drafty in the glasshouses some of our fans live in :lol:

Anyone who says they wouldn't switch jobs to play at a higher level for more money is either lying, or a fan pretending to play at their own club, not just ANY old club.
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:51 am

I’m sure it can’t just be our club, but we do seem to have more than our fair share of moaning, whinging, critical, down-talking, know-all, terrace experts, many of whom can’t wait to tap out their turgid drivel on Stagsnet.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:04 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m sure it can’t just be our club, but we do seem to have more than our fair share of moaning, whinging, critical, down-talking, know-all, terrace experts, many of whom can’t wait to tap out their turgid drivel on Stagsnet.

If the cap fits....
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:57 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:I’m sure it can’t just be our club, but we do seem to have more than our fair share of moaning, whinging, critical, down-talking, know-all, terrace experts, many of whom can’t wait to tap out their turgid drivel on Stagsnet.

If the cap fits....

Find a post where I am negative
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Oct 14, 2018 12:11 pm

Tbf Edders, I'm sure there are some who find myself, and possibly you, equally irritating ;)

Free world and all that democratic malarkey :D

I'm hoping come January we can take some decent young Prem/Champ striker on loan, unless Walker & Davies suddenly start consistently slotting home
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:20 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

If the cap fits....

Turgid drivel I meant ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:39 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Sneag wrote:

He still turned down a new offer from us and asked for a transfer . I'm not condoning what Clarke did . He's one of my all time favourites . My point is that the way football is and doesn't matter what player it is . If a player has the chance to move to a different team , either down to it being a higher league , financially or location then I don't have a issue with it . As long as he gives 100% while here then that's all we can ask for .

I'm quite certain Danny wasn't unhappy here . It's more of a case that he wanted to play a league higher , just like Bennett . Only difference is that Bennett was out of contract and didn't have to put a transfer request in . Bennett has recieved no backlash although the lad refused to sign a new deal with us .
Rose is a good player . He would get in any other team in this division. What I've seen of Walker , I rate Rose a lot more . I'd rather have Rose over Hemmings and Miller .

:hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria: :hysteria:

Two pints of what he's on please.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:55 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:

If the cap fits....

Turgid drivel I meant ;)

Ohh. I see ;)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Chadman » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:38 pm

Flitcroft praises Stags' fans for their part in persuading Rose to stay . . .

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9399104
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Postby tmwilson » Tue Oct 16, 2018 8:25 pm

Big yella wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Sneag wrote:

So what teams wouldn't he get in ?
This should be interesting :lol:
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Big yella wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Sneag wrote:

So what teams wouldn't he get in ?
This should be interesting :lol:

:lol: over the las few weeks this boards been infiltrated by some extreme users.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum