{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Wolves Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by See It Out

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Wolves Chickenfeed Scorefred sponsored by See It Out

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:02 pm

Big yella wrote:
adamstag wrote:
It ISNT a competitive fixture, so DOESNT count. If it were bookings and suspensions in this trophy would count to league bookings which it doesn’t.

Can’t argue at the £20k raised so far, that is useful funds for the club.

It is a competitive fixture or Bishop wouldn't be banned from it.

Boom.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yellafella » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:20 pm

I think this board has been infiltrated by the flat earth society, only they could persist in constructing an argument against an actual FACT. it is a competitive competition.... Fact.
yellafella
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby adamstag » Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:10 pm

Big yella wrote:
adamstag wrote:
It ISNT a competitive fixture, so DOESNT count. If it were bookings and suspensions in this trophy would count to league bookings which it doesn’t.

It is a competitive fixture or Bishop wouldn't be banned from it.[/quote]

He’s banned from a previous infraction in this Cup!

God, it’s like banging a head against the wall.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Oct 11, 2018 7:26 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Boom.

To be fair that’s not a boom, look in to why bishop is banned :lol:
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:16 am

Not a competitive fixture, what balls, yes the U21 teams in it undermine it, but 10k is 10k, and if we keep winning, the crowds will go up, and bring more money into the club, when we are losing league fixtures. Well played everyone.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:22 am

I am sure 10k is great for jr. But it doesn't sit well with me...basically bribing clubs to have u21 sides in it. If u21 clubs joined the league and we got twice the reward money for league position would people be happy?
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:57 am

Hjeldefan wrote:I am sure 10k is great for jr. But it doesn't sit well with me...basically bribing clubs to have u21 sides in it. If u21 clubs joined the league and we got twice the reward money for league position would people be happy?

It isn't 10k though is it. It was worth almost a million pounds to Lincoln last season.

The Premier League has long wanted B teams to be in the EFL, but I just cannot see that ever being approved as they would have to replace or demote existing league clubs - in this competition they have replaced no-one.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:10 am

The 20k so far has covered our losses for a month.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:30 am

Rob wrote:
Hjeldefan wrote:I am sure 10k is great for jr. But it doesn't sit well with me...basically bribing clubs to have u21 sides in it. If u21 clubs joined the league and we got twice the reward money for league position would people be happy?

It isn't 10k though is it. It was worth almost a million pounds to Lincoln last season.

The Premier League has long wanted B teams to be in the EFL, but I just cannot see that ever being approved as they would have to replace or demote existing league clubs - in this competition they have replaced no-one.

Money talks, if offered enough teams would go for it.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:37 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
Rob wrote:

I think that very much depends upon the format, I cannot see the likes of us voting for a system that would probably put us back in Div 5. I think I am right in saying a change this big would require unanimous agreement of all EFL member clubs.

I think it is highly unlikely to happen, in the relatively near future anyway.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:42 am

Rob wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
Rob wrote:

I think that very much depends upon the format, I cannot see the likes of us voting for a system that would probably put us back in Div 5. I think I am right in saying a change this big would require unanimous agreement of all EFL member clubs.

I think it is highly unlikely to happen, in the relatively near future anyway.

This is true, I cannot see the Accrington chairman voting for it any time soon.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:49 am

Rob wrote:

They could just expand the league and incorporate more teams. The premier league has screwed over the vast majority of the football league and that has come into existence. As stagsfan says...money talks.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:05 pm

Conker wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:
adamstag wrote:

Boom.

To be fair that’s not a boom, look in to why bishop is banned :lol:

Don't let a fact get in the way of Whiffy and looking a tit :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:55 pm

adamstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
adamstag wrote:

God, it’s like banging a head against the wall.[/quote]

He is not, your post as a fact is not true.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:45 am

Whether it’s a competition or not is just an arguement over semantics. The club give it just enough respect in my opinion, the lineup felt like a late preseason friendly where the manager tries a few things out and give certain player minutes to boost fitness. We’d like to win but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t as more important games follow.
I’m pretty sure that if we progress the attendances will increase, most of my friends that took offence to me going on Tuesday later wanted to know my opinion on performance and DFs trials like Graham OSJ. I found that more hypocritical than knowing they’d jump on the bang wagon if we got further in the competition
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby The One » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:43 am

Jimstag wrote:Whether it’s a competition or not is just an arguement over semantics. The club give it just enough respect in my opinion, the lineup felt like a late preseason friendly where the manager tries a few things out and give certain player minutes to boost fitness. We’d like to win but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t as more important games follow.
I’m pretty sure that if we progress the attendances will increase, most of my friends that took offence to me going on Tuesday later wanted to know my opinion on performance and DFs trials like Graham OSJ. I found that more hypocritical than knowing they’d jump on the bang wagon if we got further in the competition

Wow can you tell us where to catch this and stops along the route :D
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:25 am

The One wrote:
Jimstag wrote:Whether it’s a competition or not is just an arguement over semantics. The club give it just enough respect in my opinion, the lineup felt like a late preseason friendly where the manager tries a few things out and give certain player minutes to boost fitness. We’d like to win but it’s not the end of the world if we don’t as more important games follow.

Wow can you tell us where to catch this and stops along the route :D

Haha morning + autocorrect = oops

I’m sure they’d be on the bang wagon as quickly as a band wagon!
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Oct 12, 2018 6:53 pm

adamstag wrote:
Big yella wrote:
adamstag wrote:

God, it’s like banging a head against the wall.[/quote]
Just plain not true. We have only played one other fixture is the trophy and he didn't even play, so how did he pick up a ban. He's banned because he is banned from all first team fixtures. Umm first team fixture, sounds competitive to me.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Fri Oct 12, 2018 7:58 pm

To quote the FA

However, the automatic sanctions in relation to cautions and dismissals are treated separately under The FA Disciplinary procedures from other First Team matches.

It would appear that if someone is suspended for this match from a booking from another competition it isn’t valid.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:14 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:15 am

anyone know who played n how we got on ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum