{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Poor Johnny Radford

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Poor Johnny Radford

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:Radford is proven to be a not very good chairman when it comes to appointing managers, everything else he is a godsend.

He was spot on when he appointed Cox.

Exactly my point, the only one.

Cox did the job in the conference but most who come up tend to do well with the same manager unfortunately he was not good enough in the league.

Murray, Evans, Duncan who he had to be persuaded not to keep and he although he didn’t appoint Holdsworth he gave him way to much money and time.

It’s not easy though and I understand why he wants to back whoever his manager is.

For sure he wants to back them - it's probably £100k+ each time he has to remove one! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:08 pm

Most managers have failed at some time or another.

They are doomed to fail. Take league 2 for instance, four go up, two go into the abyss of the National League and 18 stay where they are.

So 20 managers will be deemed a failure by some of their clubs fans in that season.

Darren Ferguson's name keeps coming up. He's had seasons where he has failed.

The vast majority have.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:08 pm

I despair at the woeful attitude of many fans on this forum. It’s 8 games in and we’ve lost 1.

We are not playing to our potential - but I, for one, think we will.

To support MTFC, you need to be made of sterner stuff. Come on - stop flipping wailing!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:30 pm

If I were JR I'd see it this way:

a) wait it out for now and see for sure whether DF is or isn't the dude for the gig, or

b) pay off DF, potentially buy another manager from another club, buy a few new players. Then wait 20 games and hope for an improvement or restart the whole £ process

a) seems the cheaper option, unless any of the critics want to club together their quids found down the back of their settee ;)

Easy for us to say when it isn't our money. Even easier to drop even further if fans get too desperate. In my humble opinion of course
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:52 pm

JR also won't want to be branded as one of those owners who is seen to hire and fire every few months. Another 10 games would seem fair and justifiable. If the next 10 go like the last no one would question him making a change.

Lots of clubs do the right thing and get nowhere. Others seem to just click and pox it or get undeserved success. A player is a hero at one club, moves and then fails. Or vice versa. Sometimes the fit just isn't right or it doesn't worj out. It feels like that is the case here.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:22 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:I despair at the woeful attitude of many fans on this forum. It’s 8 games in and we’ve lost 1.

We are not playing to our potential - but I, for one, think we will.

To support MTFC, you need to be made of sterner stuff. Come on - stop flipping wailing!

How some of them made it through the Conference years, I don't know.

Maybe they didn't -we've gained a thousand or so newbies/returnees since then.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:32 am

Jamie wrote:JR also won't want to be branded as one of those owners who is seen to hire and fire every few months. Another 10 games would seem fair and justifiable. If the next 10 go like the last no one would question him making a change.

Lots of clubs do the right thing and get nowhere. Others seem to just click and pox it or get undeserved success. A player is a hero at one club, moves and then fails. Or vice versa. Sometimes the fit just isn't right or it doesn't worj out. It feels like that is the case here.

Again I agree. However, I suppose then you might see differences about whether those 10 games were successful or not - for me we have to be in reasonable touch with the top 7, but others are likely to demand more. I'd say right now with a game in hand we are in touch with the top 7 (win the game in hand, 2 pts off) but for some (ie those setting themselves on fire at the entrance to Four Seasons) they'd just look at 16th and say unacceptable.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby nightstag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:39 am

nightstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:35 pm

nightstag wrote:Poor???

Anything but.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football ... d-13285535

7.1 million? That is clearly wrong. That might be what's swilling round his current account...
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby nightstag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 1:00 pm

nightstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:12 pm

Right so its a his company's net worth taking into account company liabilities. Still not much is it on the P&L sheet.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:56 pm

Honestly, JR personally and via his company has likely invested up to £10 million in to MTFC related things (club, field mill, training ground etc) - do you really think he's 'only' worth £7.1m ?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:07 pm

Conker wrote:Honestly, JR personally and via his company has likely invested up to £10 million in to MTFC related things (club, field mill, training ground etc) - do you really think he's 'only' worth £7.1m ?

Who knows?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 4:11 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Conker wrote:Honestly, JR personally and via his company has likely invested up to £10 million in to MTFC related things (club, field mill, training ground etc) - do you really think he's 'only' worth £7.1m ?

Who knows?

People with common sense?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Conker wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who knows?

I’ve plenty of that and I can only guess at JR’s wealth.

It’s silly that there are so many contributors to this forum that would have the rest of us believe that they are “in the know”

Delusional!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:29 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Conker wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who knows?

It’s silly that there are so many contributors to this forum that would have the rest of us believe that they are “in the know”

Delusional!

My post did not suggest I am 'in the know' it's just hard to believe somebody who has put in £10 million in to a football club, is now 'only' worth £7.1m.

Delusional to think anything else, now if he stopped funding the club to the tune of millions suddenly maybe, but yeah it's just common sense - no need to get arsey about absolutely nothing.

Wild guess, educated guess - google it babi, have a cup of tea, enjoy it. live. laugh. love :D
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:53 pm

Conker wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Conker wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:

Who knows?

Delusional!

My post did not suggest I am 'in the know' it's just hard to believe somebody who has put in £10 million in to a football club, is now 'only' worth £7.1m.

Delusional to think anything else, now if he stopped funding the club to the tune of millions suddenly maybe, but yeah it's just common sense - no need to get arsey about absolutely nothing.

Wild guess, educated guess - google it babi, have a cup of tea, enjoy it. live. laugh. love :D

I’ve got a cup of tea. Working on the rest of your advice! :D
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:53 pm

I've said it on many occassions on Stagsnet Edders, no supporter has the inside track as to what happens, internally, at any football club, they just think you do.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 7:12 pm

His net worth is not quite as straightforward as that. Any accounts are always just a snapshot of the state of a company at that exact instance. However some of the accounts for the 16 listed active companies were submitted in 2016 and some in 2017. So his net worth of 7.1m is a combination of all these companies at different instances in time.
John Radford MTFC Ltd is listed in 2017 as having a net worth of -£4.3m due to having liabilities of £4.9m. These could be loans that would never be called in. (Just a supposition without looking at the actual full accounts)
One Call Insurance has a net worth in 2016 of only £8.3 million but has cash and assets of over £43 million with liabilities of £28 million. The net worth is ten times what it was in 2011.

It also doesn’t take into account any of his private wealth.

So any guess as to his actual wealth would be just that, a guess!
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum