{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Losing patience...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Losing patience...

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:23 am

I said he was doing fine, not excellent. Radford knows that cash doesn't equal success. Just have a gander down the a60 to find a team performing poorly. So far he's middle of the road.

Right now we are stuck with what we have. For whatever reason it's just not clicking. It takes time. If we are still in the same position, not going for killer goals or sitting back come December then I'll be inclined to start sharpening the knives and pitchforks. But until then I'll give him the same patience Evans was given after a similar start.

Infact Evans only got worse during October, at the end of October we were 14th last season. We had drew the most games in the league at that point. Sound familiar?

My "he's doing fine" comment is he's doing just as well as Evans had done with 1 less transfer window and with less budget (Evans didn't have a 3 players taking up a big wage from the previus manager)
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:28 am

Deluded, Gazza.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:34 am

gazza1988 wrote:I said he was doing fine, not excellent. Radford knows that cash doesn't equal success. Just have a gander down the a60 to find a team performing poorly. So far he's middle of the road.

Right now we are stuck with what we have. For whatever reason it's just not clicking. It takes time. If we are still in the same position, not going for killer goals or sitting back come December then I'll be inclined to start sharpening the knives and pitchforks. But until then I'll give him the same patience Evans was given after a similar start.

Infact Evans only got worse during October, at the end of October we were 14th last season. We had drew the most games in the league at that point. Sound familiar?

My "he's doing fine" comment is he's doing just as well as Evans had done with 1 less transfer window and with less budget (Evans didn't have a 3 players taking up a big wage from the previus manager)

Do you still believe in Santa ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:37 am

Could be a coincidence, but Swindon fans warned that their treatmentroom was always full because of players being over trained and in the last two weeks Davies and White have both pulled up lame in training.

The comments from travelling fans that the players look knackered in the 2nd half of games less than a dozen matches into the season is also a worry.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:46 am

I suppose having wingbacks who aren’t wingbacks in the first place haring up and down the line probably doesn’t help either.

It’s an odd one, normally if a rival football club comes for your manager, traditionally you tell them to do one, yet Swindon nearly fell over themselves in a desperate rush to agree to us having him. I wonder why that could be?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:14 am

I'm not flying the white flag yet although a win against Northampton is as crucial as it gets.

Are the players too comfortable and pampered I wonder. For example the luxury coach to Cambridge left Friday lunchtime ish, Why?. Notwithstanding the expense of this jaunt, it's only 2 hours away for god's sake. This routine is clearly not working.
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:33 am

abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I said he was doing fine, not excellent. Radford knows that cash doesn't equal success. Just have a gander down the a60 to find a team performing poorly. So far he's middle of the road.

I have 3 kids under 8. I have no choice.

I find it funny that the only counter argument people have to that is to call me deluded and ask if I believe in santa. So I'll take that as a win on this portion of the debate.

Do people really crave a manager who declares we are champions already? That's all Evans did. Flitcroft is being criticised for talking the talk and not walking the walk. Evans talked and talked and talked the talk. The only walking he did was to Peterborough. He failed to walk the walk.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:00 am

gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:

I find it funny that the only counter argument people have to that is to call me deluded and ask if I believe in santa. So I'll take that as a win on this portion of the debate.

Do people really crave a manager who declares we are champions already? That's all Evans did. Flitcroft is being criticised for talking the talk and not walking the walk. Evans talked and talked and talked the talk. The only walking he did was to Peterborough. He failed to walk the walk.

Evans only failed because he left, not because we were poor... until that point we were well on track, up to 4th with a game in hand and had been beaten once in around 20 games. I cant stand him for doing what he did but you can’t re-write history and make out Evans was poor for us. As I’ve said, trying to have a dig at Evans won’t make Flitcroft a better manager.

Flitcroft had such an easy job last year to achieve playoffs at a minimum, we only had to be just below average to get in and he blew it in spectacular fashion. He did not take over a poor side, the position he took us to last year was more than enough reason for him to be sacked and he’s a lucky man he wasn’t. This year seems no different, we don’t win games. The wins we’ve had have been in games we should be winning, I’m yet to be really impressed with a league win under his reign.

I looked at the opening 10 games as a real opportunity to get off to a flyer, particularly having favourable away games and it’s been quite the opposite. He has to beat a poor Northampton side on Saturday - I don’t see how anybody can be confident in him if not.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:02 am

gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:

It's not about Evans now though. It's about the abject failure of Flipflop, his failure to get the points on the board with this formation he insists on playing. The fact is we have 20% league win ratio under his tenure. He is taking us backwards fast. He took over a team in fourth position and then proceeded to where we are now 16th position . You think that ok ? Then you are truly delude.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:09 am

I didn't like Evans just like everybody else but I didn't care how odious he is all I ever thought is "he's a winner". Flitcroft is the polar opposite.

Evans drove the team forward from the side lines and once again DF holds them back, I know which I'd rather watch.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:12 am

FACT: Managers get sacked for poor results.
FACT: No matter how much we might like DF, his record is way below what’s expected.
Thank heavens it’s JRs decision!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:25 am

A lot of negative conversations after the game. Enough is enough.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 9:42 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:I didn't like Evans just like everybody else but I didn't care how odious he is all I ever thought is "he's a winner". Flitcroft is the polar opposite.

Evans drove the team forward from the side lines and once again DF holds them back, I know which I'd rather watch.
He wasn't a winner with us though.

In fact isn't it a fact he spent JR's money on too many players on expensive long contracts.

In that regard he took us backwards. We are still suffering the effects. Angol or Rose had to be sold to balance the books.

But it is about DF now and I agree things are now at a stage where we need to achieve better results.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:28 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:I didn't like Evans just like everybody else but I didn't care how odious he is all I ever thought is "he's a winner". Flitcroft is the polar opposite.

In fact isn't it a fact he spent JR's money on too many players on expensive long contracts.

In that regard he took us backwards. We are still suffering the effects. Angol or Rose had to be sold to balance the books.

But it is about DF now and I agree things are now at a stage where we need to achieve better results.

His mentality Andy, you knew what I meant, of course he never won wot cos he did the dirty but we were 4th, on a run, had momentum, everything Flitcroft has taken away!!!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMAD » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:46 am

I think there’s a lot of fans letting there emotions get in the way at the moment.
MTFCMAD
Manager
Manager

Postby georgefostersbeard » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:56 am

What was so annoying yesterday was that it was both completely predictable and against a poor team.
We had players who looked like square pegs in round holes and although the effort was high the system is not working. It also appears to affecting the players.
There were 5 different occasions when one of our players sliced a perfectly kickable ball straight up in the air when trying to clear it. We had balls missing players by 5 metres and whilst Sweeney was massively improved defensively no-one appears to have told him that his pass completion rate when he drinks cross field balls down the throat of the opposition is 0%.
We look completely impotent upfront, Walker and Rose were chasing everything and Danny had another couple of spectacular flying kicks but they never actually come off. The one which skimmed the bar was covered and yet we never get the ball to him in a position where he can run onto the ball in the 6 yard area or have a chance at attacking a header.

Yesterday was poor and what was more depressing is that there were no real answers coming from the bench.
Fair play to Flitcroft for having the class to walk on to the pitch and applaud the Stags fans, Futcher just put his head down and skulked down the tunnel.

On a positive, the gig at the Cambridge Junction afterwards was brilliant :D
"Jobsworth authoritarian apologist" - HitchcocksShins
georgefostersbeard
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Sep 23, 2018 10:57 am

Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:08 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Give him to the end of the season unless we are in danger of the drop.

Completely baffled

Ignore him, he’s a troll.

No, I'm just not a petulant child who wants it all now. Some of you embody everything that's wrong with society these days.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:14 am

arsene wengers coat wrote:Might it be a case of seeing what happens after Christmas?

Can anyone see where thisbadly needed run of wins is going to come from?

Precisely my point. It's too early in the season to be talking like this. You can't be in danger of relegation in September. We might be drawing more than we want right now, but we've only lost one. A run of wins makes it all look a lot better and finding out whether than comes or not (I'm not saying it does) requires patience - something some of fans seem to lack. But apparently I'm a troll.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:44 am

ParisStag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Give him to the end of the season unless we are in danger of the drop.

Completely baffled

No, I'm just not a petulant child who wants it all now. Some of you embody everything that's wrong with society these days.

It doesn’t make somebody petulant for wanting to see their side promoted. Do you want to mess around in league 2 for a few more years because that’s the way it’s going? We’ve been in the league for 6 years now, it’s hardly a case of wanting it all now. Bristol Rovers went down to non league, came back up and have gone up again, lincoln come up, get the playoffs and are now top of the league - fans can see what can be done, and this is what Radford has set his stall out for. It’s not surprising fans are not on board with the manager after we blew it last year when he came in, and the results have been no different this year.

Flitcroft needs to get a serious points return in the next 3-5 games or I’d have no confidence he can turn it around - the proof would be in the results.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:50 am

the sands of time for him
are running low
there running lowwwwwwohhhhhhhhhhhhh

what’s the solution
stick a few more games
or bust now ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:07 pm

ParisStag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:

Completely baffled

Ohhhh the irony !!!
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:38 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

His mentality Andy, you knew what I meant, of course he never won wot cos he did the dirty but we were 4th, on a run, had momentum, everything Flitcroft has taken away!!!!!

His mentality was to bawl expletives at the players from the touch line. Oh and the officials as well. Had he completed the job then I would have said it was worth the embarrassment, but he didn't.
Give DF sufficient time to sort the problems out. If he doesn't fair enough, we move on to someone else.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:46 pm

Focus on the manager we currently have.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:42 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

His mentality was to bawl expletives at the players from the touch line. Oh and the officials as well. Had he completed the job then I would have said it was worth the embarrassment, but he didn't.
Give DF sufficient time to sort the problems out. If he doesn't fair enough, we move on to someone else.

At least you put a little thought and substance in your replies Andy which is appreciated but your thinking on the 'problems' is completely flawed.

He made mistakes last season and they are reoccurring this season, he's not learning is he so how is he going to right it, he's so blinkered and downright negative, surely what the Swindon fans told us and now we are seeing with our own eyes can't be coincidence?
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum