{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Losing patience...

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Losing patience...

Postby abc » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:17 pm

Conker wrote:Focus on the manager we currently have.

Why ? When he's clueless.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:18 pm

abc wrote:
Conker wrote:Focus on the manager we currently have.

Why ? When he's clueless.

Why care about anything else? If he's clueless or flipping brilliant it doesn't matter he's still the one that matters.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:37 pm

Random Hero wrote:I think even after last years capitulation most Stags fans were willing to give the manager a chance to build his own squad and see what he could do into the new season.

Nearly October now and we are 15th.

His record since taking over is P22 W6 D10 L6.

I'm sorry but that simply is not good enough. It's 1.15pts per game.

I think he's got five games to get three wins or... bye bye.

Sorry mate but that’s a load of arse.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:38 pm

abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:
abc wrote:
gazza1988 wrote:I said he was doing fine, not excellent. Radford knows that cash doesn't equal success. Just have a gander down the a60 to find a team performing poorly. So far he's middle of the road.

Right now we are stuck with what we have. For whatever reason it's just not clicking. It takes time. If we are still in the same position, not going for killer goals or sitting back come December then I'll be inclined to start sharpening the knives and pitchforks. But until then I'll give him the same patience Evans was given after a similar start.

Infact Evans only got worse during October, at the end of October we were 14th last season. We had drew the most games in the league at that point. Sound familiar?

My "he's doing fine" comment is he's doing just as well as Evans had done with 1 less transfer window and with less budget (Evans didn't have a 3 players taking up a big wage from the previus manager)

Do you still believe in Santa ?

I have 3 kids under 8. I have no choice.

I find it funny that the only counter argument people have to that is to call me deluded and ask if I believe in santa. So I'll take that as a win on this portion of the debate.

Do people really crave a manager who declares we are champions already? That's all Evans did. Flitcroft is being criticised for talking the talk and not walking the walk. Evans talked and talked and talked the talk. The only walking he did was to Peterborough. He failed to walk the walk.

It's not about Evans now though. It's about the abject failure of Flipflop, his failure to get the points on the board with this formation he insists on playing. The fact is we have 20% league win ratio under his tenure. He is taking us backwards fast. He took over a team in fourth position and then proceeded to where we are now 16th position . You think that ok ? Then you are truly delude.

I agree, it isn't about Evans. People are stating about where we were when Flitcroft took over. All I am pointing out is that Evans started similarly to Flitcroft and Evans had 2 transfer windows behind him and could sign pretty much who he wanted and didn't have to ship any out in order to bring any in.

Flitcroft has had 1 transfer window and dead wood taking up a wage. And has started similarly.

At the end of October Evans' side was in 14th position with too many draws (10 I believe) this is why I'm saying he's doing fine and it's too early to judge a season because by the same logic applied Evans should have gone too.

I'm not fussed what position we are in at present, so long as we aren't in county's position, we a re 2 wins on the bounce from being in the play off chase and everything is all hunky dory again.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:40 pm

bellwhiff wrote:
Random Hero wrote:I think even after last years capitulation most Stags fans were willing to give the manager a chance to build his own squad and see what he could do into the new season.

A lot of it is fact, ie win record, 1.15pts per game etc, so I assume you disagree that it's not good enough?
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:39 pm

We have an excellent keeper and two excellent centre backs. We have a good attacking left back. We have a very good holding midfielder, a ball player and a dynamo in midfield. we have two exciting forwards and one that will play every match. Hayden makes a lot of mistakes and is too slow going forward. C.J. has pace and ....?Ando would be a serviceable right back. Gibbons is a good defender. Why are we so defensive? We should attack, attack, attack, with the team that we have, at least at home. I would rather watch us attack and not win, than what is happening. We get a buzz when we score. Why doesn`t he build the system around the players? 4 3 3 or 4 4 2. We are going nowhere with his negative tactics.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:59 pm

PRL13 wrote:We have an excellent keeper and two excellent centre backs. We have a good attacking left back. We have a very good holding midfielder, a ball player and a dynamo in midfield. we have two exciting forwards and one that will play every match. Hayden makes a lot of mistakes and is too slow going forward. C.J. has pace and ....?Ando would be a serviceable right back. Gibbons is a good defender. Why are we so defensive? We should attack, attack, attack, with the team that we have, at least at home. I would rather watch us attack and not win, than what is happening. We get a buzz when we score. Why doesn`t he build the system around the players? 4 3 3 or 4 4 2. We are going nowhere with his negative tactics.
Do you honestly think the angry mob on here would tolerate us going all out to attack but lose.

Come on mate, think about it. Someone has shown his record as only losing 6 out of 22. If he had lost double that amount this thread would combust.

He isn't the perfect manager by any means, but he's a hell of a lot better than most we've had. Forget stats, they don't always give the complete picture.

At the end of the day JR will decide. In the meantime lets get behind him and the team.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:15 pm

Dear me where do we start with our manager.

Playing players out of postion
Cant or wont adapt the formation
Him and rose dont get on. Look at them both at home games to get answers.
Pulling every player back for corners. Pet hate of mine

But to his credit he trys to get the players playing football. Do feel a little sorry for him, on a hiding to nothing once he failed last season to get the club into the play offs.
But i will still have ago at him if he pulls every player back against northampton. He will be in hear shot lol
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:23 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
PRL13 wrote:We have an excellent keeper and two excellent centre backs. We have a good attacking left back. We have a very good holding midfielder, a ball player and a dynamo in midfield. we have two exciting forwards and one that will play every match. Hayden makes a lot of mistakes and is too slow going forward. C.J. has pace and ....?Ando would be a serviceable right back. Gibbons is a good defender. Why are we so defensive? We should attack, attack, attack, with the team that we have, at least at home. I would rather watch us attack and not win, than what is happening. We get a buzz when we score. Why doesn`t he build the system around the players? 4 3 3 or 4 4 2. We are going nowhere with his negative tactics.
Do you honestly think the angry mob on here would tolerate us going all out to attack but lose.

Come on mate, think about it. Someone has shown his record as only losing 6 out of 22. If he had lost double that amount this thread would combust.

He isn't the perfect manager by any means, but he's a hell of a lot better than most we've had. Forget stats, they don't always give the complete picture.

At the end of the day JR will decide. In the meantime lets get behind him and the team.

Andy, once again we got behind him and the team yesterday. Once again his half time team talk drained the life out of the team and the fans, fluff knows what he says at HT.

Bit of a silly thing to say Andy but the stats are everything because that win column generates points and that's what the fans and JR will eventually judge him on, he's utterly incapable of changing a game for the better although brilliant at the opposite
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby london amber stag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:27 pm

He will be judged on his results by JR so he should start adopting more positive tactics if he wants to win a few games. They will not keep him at the club if he carries on with these draws.
Mansfield Town, my club even though been exiled in London since 1983.
london amber stag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:30 pm

Conker wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

A lot of it is fact, ie win record, 1.15pts per game etc, so I assume you disagree that it's not good enough?

You’d have thought that if someone was arguing with something that’s a fact in black and white you’d at least counter it with some form of coherent argument :lol:
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:31 pm

london amber stag wrote:He will be judged on his results by JR so he should start adopting more positive tactics if he wants to win a few games. They will not keep him at the club if he carries on with these draws.

Fair enough, that's the yardstick. We all know he needs to get some wins. And so does he.

If he does we will all be happy ( well most of us ).
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sun Sep 23, 2018 5:00 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
london amber stag wrote:He will be judged on his results by JR so he should start adopting more positive tactics if he wants to win a few games. They will not keep him at the club if he carries on with these draws.

Fair enough, that's the yardstick. We all know he needs to get some wins. And so does he.

If he does we will all be happy ( well most of us ).

Just because some fans do not defend rubbish, doesn’t mean they don’t want us to win...

It’s like me saying you want us to draw, so you can come on here and tell us how great 16th is.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:28 am

BH_Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:
BH_Stag wrote:
ParisStag wrote:Give him to the end of the season unless we are in danger of the drop.

Completely baffled

Ignore him, he’s a troll.

No, I'm just not a petulant child who wants it all now. Some of you embody everything that's wrong with society these days.

It doesn’t make somebody petulant for wanting to see their side promoted. Do you want to mess around in league 2 for a few more years because that’s the way it’s going? We’ve been in the league for 6 years now, it’s hardly a case of wanting it all now. Bristol Rovers went down to non league, came back up and have gone up again, lincoln come up, get the playoffs and are now top of the league - fans can see what can be done, and this is what Radford has set his stall out for. It’s not surprising fans are not on board with the manager after we blew it last year when he came in, and the results have been no different this year.

Flitcroft needs to get a serious points return in the next 3-5 games or I’d have no confidence he can turn it around - the proof would be in the results.

You're right, it doesn't make someone petulant for wanting to see us promoted. I want that. What makes somebody petulant is kicking and screaming because we aren't top half in Septmeber. It's like some people haven't watched a season of lower league football before. How many times have we seen a side start badly and then go on to get promoted? Plenty. And we haven't even started badly (see Notts Country). It's the same people who called for Evans to be sacked in October and then by March were like "I have to say, I was one of those who slated him, but he's proved me wrong". Same people who did it with Cox. It's absolutely mind-boggling, it really is.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum