{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by Play the Reserve Side

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by Play the Reserve Side

Postby abc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:01 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:The histrionics on here!

So you are happy with his record then Princess ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:The histrionics on here!

Give over.

Are you happy with how this is going? Were you happy with how last year went under Flitcroft? We are decidedly average, wise up.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazzert » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:02 pm

"we are raspberries under him" ......

as we were under Cox... Murray.... and at times, Evans.... same quote rolled out on here for about 5 years now.. what would you do differently?

It's football.
Gaz.
gazzert
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amberheart » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:03 pm

I had been told before the game that we should rip them apart as they are a very poor side this season !
Very disappointed , but not surprised unfortunately .
KTF !
Amberheart
Manager
Manager

Postby gavinbrookes » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Not sure what we are good at. Don't keep clean sheets and don't score many goals.

We are poor where it counts - at either end of the pitch. Something needs to change quickly because, based on our start, we are mid-table at best.
gavinbrookes
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby halifaxstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:05 pm

Stags 2002 wrote:Not getting a second goal cost us yet again.

8pts clear of the drop as it stands, 39pts from safety.

And only 4 points from the play-off spots with a game in hand!
Draws are still costing us badly.
halifaxstag
First Team
First Team

Postby phills61 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:07 pm

SORRY, but its time to go DF. Would there be any other manager, anywhere, that would still be in control with his results at the Stags. Answer, NO! I feel for the Radfords but the decision has now got to be made.
phills61
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:07 pm

What happens when winter arrives and pitches cut up. Not conducive to pretty football then. And the mud will drain the legs of the wing backs.

I was hoping for a good points return early doors to get us in good shape for the fight time but it's not to be.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:10 pm

gazzert wrote:"we are raspberries under him" ......

as we were under Cox... Murray.... and at times, Evans.... same quote rolled out on here for about 5 years now.. what would you do differently?

It's football.

We’ve not been good at any time under Flitcroft... we are an average team under him it’s clear. Out of 20 games we’ve beaten Yeovil and Chesterfield way (2 of the worst teams in the league) and Newport and Carlisle (you’d expect 6 from that every year)

What can you actually say to defend the results in his tenure so far? Genuinely interested...
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:11 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:It’s not just this result is it princess the guy is incompetent at a job he speaks so well about ..

Please do next t refer to me as Princess (it’s needlessly childish and probably homophobic)

Oh aren’t you so precious reap what you sow .. princess doesn’t like her medicine
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby HU7stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:12 pm

Chris M wrote:
Beano wrote:Martin - “I don’t believe it”

Surprising that as it seems to happen every week :(

He kept saying he cannot believe it but listening to his own commentary it sounded like prior to the goal it was wave after wave of Cambridge attacks. It was no surprise at all that they got an equaliser.

My thoughts as well.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:18 pm

Winning mindset is just not there. Never believed they would make it to the end without conceding and this team never disappoints. No leaders, and no backbone in the team, to see the job through. Promotion campaign, don't make me laugh!
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby Jamie » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:22 pm

I listened to bits of the commo but that's it so not really fair to say much about the performance. Sounded like we didn't create an awful lot but we're also a bit unlucky to concede.

These kind of games happen... almost every week with this manager.

I'm not gonna call for his head. There's no point and he might yet turn it round. I just feel deflated with the whole thing. Another promising looking sqaud, under achieving. Another year going by without us pushing on. There is a long way to go and I hope he turns it round but nothing I've seen yet suggests he will.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:24 pm

Been to game now on coach pondering how we yet again have conceded a late goal. If you went to Macclesfield this was the rerun. Cambridge are a poor side, no doubt but today was kick and rush, plenty of endeavour but little quality. CJ on the right does not work, Reggie Lamb was voted MOM and CJ was his marker. A point feels like another defeat.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby abc » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:27 pm

Berryhillstagno1 wrote:Been to game now on coach pondering how we yet again have conceded a late goal. If you went to Macclesfield this was the rerun. Cambridge are a poor side, no doubt but today was kick and rush, plenty of endeavour but little quality. CJ on the right does not work, Reggie Lamb was voted MOM and CJ was his marker. A point feels like another defeat.

Let's be honest CJ is NOT a right or left wing back.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Seething
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:28 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Anyone defending him now wants their head checking

Why? Plenty of games to go... and why are we still expecting to win the league first time of asking with a new manager and squad, We need a long term project not a quick fix.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:28 pm

The problem beingis that he simply does not learn and keeps making the same mistakes.

It was Macclesfield mark 2. We played a side that were absolutely hopeless, lost the last 3 at home and looked dead after 60 minutes.

Que the “Flitcroft special” of sitting further and further and further back, and yet again, he fails to win. He just doesn’t understand what a win is.

20 games, won 4.

If it’s offends the happy clappers then sod it, who seriously still backs him on here? Or at least half serious doubts?
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:33 pm

If i owned the club and I was pumping my cash into it I would definitely be looking for someone else now. I’ve backed DF, but there’s only so much backing a manager can have. With one of the higher end budgets we really should be doing better. We create little, finish few chances when we do create something and have a total lack of concentration at the back. We also have one of the most over rated players I’ve ever seen in AM in midfield, who creates nothing and scores........yep nothing. Every manager we have seems to waste JRs money with little end product. I feel for him. Tough decision for you John, but we could be near the relegation places soon. Exeter fans thought we were the worst team they’ve played so far and that includes Notts!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:36 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

Why? Plenty of games to go... and why are we still expecting to win the league first time of asking with a new manager and squad, We need a long term project not a quick fix.

Nobody is expecting to win the league. Do you think Radford is investing all this money for a long term project after 6/7 years in league 2? He wants promotion. After the hype around the past couple of years it would not be good at all if we didn’t go up sooner rather than later like the ‘long term project’ suggests
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:37 pm

fans on here are moronic.. you don't deserve a winning side. Honestly feels like this place only comes alive when something bad happens, sad sad lot. If you get your quick fix and storm the league, you'd all be quiet and probably still unhappy theres nothing to winge about...

A manager needs time to build. Time to learn from sides like Exeter. Sick and tired of the idiotic manager out response... how about start making a flipping atmosphere at matches, might do more than sacking another manager and needing another whole new squad....

Want him and the club to succeed long term, were not getting anywhere with the constant turnover off players and staff...time to try supporting the manager and the team. Over and out.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby bigalstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:40 pm

That long term being what? 10 years, 20?
How long can the chairman keep throwing money at it, with next to nothing to show, season after season.
September, and we are already 11 points behind the leaders.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:40 pm

Sedgwick wrote:fans on here are moronic.. you don't deserve a winning side. Honestly feels like this place only comes alive when something bad happens, sad sad lot. If you get your quick fix and storm the league, you'd all be quiet and probably still unhappy theres nothing to winge about...

A manager needs time to build. Time to learn from sides like Exeter. Sick and tired of the idiotic manager out response... how about start making a flipping atmosphere at matches, might do more than sacking another manager and needing another whole new squad....

Want him and the club to succeed long term, were not getting anywhere with the constant turnover off players and staff...time to try supporting the manager and the team. Over and out.

Take it you’re happy to sit in league 2 for another 5 years whilst Radford is chucking money in hand over fist trying to get out, all for the sake of an idyllic long term project?
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Berryhillstagno1 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:46 pm

When Cambridge equalised all their players ran to the manager to celebrate, Danny Rose dropped to his knees and Cambridge looked the better team. Cambridge worked hard with limited ability but yet again their manager won the substitution battle. At this point we looked out on our feet and the second goal was nothing more than a mirage. On a positive note Jordan looked energetic and strong and should be used more often. The mood of the SUPPORTERS is changing and remarks like well at least Chesterfield lost is nothing more than a deflection.
Berryhillstagno1
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:49 pm

Sedgwick wrote:

A long term project with this manager is not going to end well. Sticking with a manager blindly doesnt guarantee success. He has shown no tactical nous in his time here and has taken us backwards.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum