{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The U's scorefred sponsored by Play the Reserve Side

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The U's scorefred sponsored by Play the Reserve Side

Postby phil22 » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:02 pm

For the stattos out there, just how many 1-1 draws have we had under DF? Almost all from a lead too I believe
phil22
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:06 pm

1/4 of the season nearly and we're pedestrian at best in a very concerning league position.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:10 pm

On the plus side - we still have a 100% unbeaten record in our green kit.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bex » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:10 pm

LOving the misery and self imploding on Bobs board but cant register as Captcha is down,really feel the need to jack it up a lil bit on there
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby I am Spartacus » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:25 pm

Feeling dejected, despondent and downright disappointed after getting home after the game. Didn’t boo at the end as some did and still applauded the players.

The formation of wingbacks does not work. End of. Hamilton cannot defend and not play on the right. The fluidity that wing backs should bring was missing today. How often was the ball belted long and high. How often were Preston, Bennet, Pearce, Hamilton and the ever impressive Bishop looking for an outlet that was not there.

This formation has been tried and tried again to little or no avail. Yes it worked in pre-season but now the real football has a need to be played other sides have worked us out. They close us down quickly knowing we don’t pass it like we ought.
The lack of speed and fluidity of movement results in a inert final third of the pitch.

I don’t want Dave’s head on a plate as some would like but I hope that change comes quickly as after 8 games I would rather have hoped that we would have had the pattern of play that promised so much down to a T now.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:01 pm

I think his whole formation and tactics thus far have been found out, and that nobody can argue is poor management.

He needs to change it up more, especially away from home.

We really need him to get his arse in gear and get us winning a few now.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby nigegray » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:11 pm

We dont score enough goals and dont kill teams off
Hence why we draw so many and with the odd loss
nigegray
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:25 pm

3-5-2 is extremely tiring for players especially the defenders due to the extra running up and down and across the pitch.

I feel that fatigue is probably the reason we are conceding late goals and lesser teams are catching us out.

The question is will Mr Flitcroft change it or will he continue with his preferred system? Unless things click soon, I feel more supporters will be on his back and want rid. I still think we have the players to get us promoted and would urge the manager to at least try 4-4-2 away from home.

I don't think the time is quite here to call for his head but he must be more flexible and try different tactics before the season is lost.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 22, 2018 9:32 pm

I agree, he has to change the formation or the players mindset.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum