{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Unbeaten start to the season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Unbeaten start to the season

Postby pemill » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:35 am

In many respects I'm glad the unbeaten record is no more, maybe this could have been affecting the way we play, sub-conciously thinking about protecting the unbeaten record rather than going full out to kill teams off - might be along shot but one never knows, does one?
pemill
Manager
Manager

Re: Unbeaten start to the season

Postby old ram stag » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:38 pm

to me it's not in flitcrofts nature to kill teams off, it's hold what you have which in his case often means we grab a draw from a winning position , the three occasions this season we have gone for it have all been cup games.
old ram stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:55 pm

He mentioned it in his post match, even having the cheek to reference it back to the end of last season too...

Many on here kept defending him with the unbeaten run, but its points that count and drawing most games doesn't get you anywhere. We found that out to our cost last year, too many draws and many that should of been wins.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 2:41 pm

Jamie wrote:He mentioned it in his post match, even having the cheek to reference it back to the end of last season too...

Many on here kept defending him with the unbeaten run, but its points that count and drawing most games doesn't get you anywhere. We found that out to our cost last year, too many draws and many that should of been wins.

You could in effect go unbeaten with draws and be relegated with 46 points. Better to win half and lose half for 69 points. I know which I would want.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 8:14 pm

Plain and simple we need to start winning football matches consistently otherwise the pressure will build and he'll be gone before Christmas.

Don't get me wrong I like Flitcroft, he speaks very well, says it how it is, knows what the issues are and I really want him to succeed.

He needs a run of 4 / 5 games on the bounce that are victories. We are 15th in the league albeit with a game in hand but if we don't start to move up the league and continue to flounder in mid table or even worse then the attractive football will count for nothing.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum