{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

W4 D10 L5

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

W4 D10 L5

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:43 pm

Flitcroft's league record from my drunk reckoning.

Scored 23 let in 23.

Whatever way you look at it, this is not good enough for the budget afforded.

I dont know who could do the job but the job is not being done at present.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: W4 D10 L5

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:51 pm

die hirsche wrote:Flitcroft's league record from my drunk reckoning.

Scored 23 let in 23.

A lot of those draws should have been wins. By the same token some could have been losses. It’s all rather uninspiring really. This squad should be doing better and I think the players need to shoulder some of the blame. We are heading for mid table at best at this rate. Players like Macca etc flatter to deceive most of the time. For me though we concede too many, and our scoring ratio out of chances made must be Sunday league at best, bar Tyler Walker who most don’t rate (imo he’s our best striker) who’s going to get 15-20 goals?
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:13 pm

We have a multimillionaire owner pumping money into our club hand over fist.

And we are mid-table league 2.

Questions need to be asked.

We were mid-table league 2 always.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:23 pm

Darren Ferguson.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bex » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:28 pm

die hirsche wrote:Flitcroft's league record from my drunk reckoning.

Scored 23 let in 23.

Dont be a strawberry all ya life son, why you always on it....just asking like
"Who's the most intelligent"
Otis-"Me,without a shadow of doubt,next question"
bex
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:34 pm

Have we closed down the Stagsnet .. section?
Dont think it was a good idea to merge the posts with this board.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:12 pm

You could employ 99% of managers in the top 7 tiers and they would have a better win rate than Flitcroft thus far. Like him as a bloke, but completely incompetent as a manager.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:13 pm

Oooh don’t raise the issue too much as you’ll get the happy chappy brigade led by patronising rob on your back.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:24 pm

adamstag wrote:Oooh don’t raise the issue too much as you’ll get the happy chappy brigade led by patronising rob on your back.

I think you'll find it's pronounced gooseberry.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:05 pm

We have basically the biggest budget in the league and we’re 15th. How people are defending this is beyond me. Radford can’t keep investing for average results.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:14 pm

stagsfan6493 wrote:We have basically the biggest budget in the league and we’re 15th. How people are defending this is beyond me. Radford can’t keep investing for average results.

I think you need to look at the team in 24th place......
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:27 pm

Dan wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:We have basically the biggest budget in the league and we’re 15th. How people are defending this is beyond me. Radford can’t keep investing for average results.

I think you need to look at the team in 24th place......

County and Chesterfield are the best two things in football right now.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:29 pm

maybe because we've still got 39 league games to play?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:12 am

This place is literally unbelievable. The sense of entitlement from some of you is hilarious. We are supposed to win every game. When we do, the praise is effusive, and when we don’t, the criticism is pathetic.
We don’t deserve anything in life. Flitcroft varies from being the messiah to being a criminal.

We are half way through September. We all scorned the wasters down the A60 for sacking their manager yet we have addled clowns on here advocating the same thing after our first league defeat.

I’d suggest growing some backbone, stop feeling entitled and crack on with things.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:25 am

We aren't good enough yet really.

Its the same issues as under Murray and Evans, total lack of cutting edge or genuine threat in front of goal.

Rose has to start.

Like I said elsewhere we're 6 off second with a game in hand.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:34 am

Too defensive a team, yesterday. Better to go for it and lose, than not go for it and lose. Wrong team picked too often and corrected too late. What has C.J. not got to do to be dropped? Danny was firing on all cylinders. The three strikers must start when fit and in form. The opposition would be terrorised. Gibbons should be given more of a chance. I haven`t seen him put a step wrong, yet.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:35 am

Too many below parr performances yesterday against a team who have done well in league two.

First twenty minutes we played well without capitalising on our opportunities. Main problem for me was the lack of trying to test their keeper. Kahn shot straight at the keeper when in good positions and in the second half Bishop had three chances to shoot but decided to pass instead.

But it happens. Still a long way to go.

As for the angry mob on here, sometimes a whisper is all that is needed in a world that automatically tends to shout.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:13 am

Whisper to Andy ... 22 out of 57 points, good enough ratio to get in the play offs?
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:36 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:Whisper to Andy ... 22 out of 57 points, good enough ratio to get in the play offs?

True. The happy Clappy gang keep saying we played well first 20 yesterday. We played tippy tappy in front of their defence that's why
we had two or three long range shots but nothing to trouble them, we don't penetrate . We only bothered them once Rose came on and Flipflop abandoned his principles and got it forward quicker.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:04 am

Whinge, whinge, whinge
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:07 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Whinge, whinge, whinge

Are you seriously happy with 4 wins out of 19 league games Edwinstowe ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:16 am

I was very critical of Flitcroft last season but I don't think he's done much wrong so far this season . I've been more than happy with the performances. We shoukd be om more points but that's down to us not putting chances away , not down to the manager .
I think he made a mistake not starting Rose and should of changed the formation a lot earlier . BringIng on a left back for a right back when 2.1 down baffled me .
I don't think there were much in the teams but I think their manager out thought ours .
Saying that , some of the players under performed , A vastly overreaction over our first defeat from some of our fans .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:24 am

You don't think he's done much wrong, then name 3/4 things he got wrong yesterday alone... all aspects are down to him, he's the manager. If the strikers aren't scoring or were not making chances there is only person who can recifty that.

His point return both this season and last is nothing short of awful.

First defeat means nothing. It's points on the board the count. Even before yesterday our average points per game was poor. Now it's much worse.

I like his approach and that we try and play football. But if it doesn't get results then what's the point. I'd sooner us be ugly and play anti football and be top 5 than trying to play nicely and struggling in the bottom half.

Next 3 games will be key. At least 6 points is needed.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:27 am

tmwilson wrote:I was very critical of Flitcroft last season but I don't think he's done much wrong so far this season . I've been more than happy with the performances. We shoukd be om more points but that's down to us not putting chances away , not down to the manager .
I think he made a mistake not starting Rose and should of changed the formation a lot earlier . BringIng on a left back for a right back when 2.1 down baffled me .
I don't think there were much in the teams but I think their manager out thought ours .
Saying that , some of the players under performed , A vastly overreaction over our first defeat from some of our fans .

"Their manager out thought ours" doesn't that worry you that a rookie can do that, just weeks after being "out thought" by the Macclesfield manager second half?

It worries me!!!
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:45 am

Jamie wrote:You don't think he's done much wrong, then name 3/4 things he got wrong yesterday alone... all aspects are down to him, he's the manager. If the strikers aren't scoring or were not making chances there is only person who can recifty that.

His point return both this season and last is nothing short of awful.

First defeat means nothing. It's points on the board the count. Even before yesterday our average points per game was poor. Now it's much worse.

I like his approach and that we try and play football. But if it doesn't get results then what's the point. I'd sooner us be ugly and play anti football and be top 5 than trying to play nicely and struggling in the bottom half.

Next 3 games will be key. At least 6 points is needed.

Don’t agree with the first half of your post as I do think players need to take some responsibilty.

Agree totally with the second half tho - we need to find a a way to win football matches.

My thoughts
Like Flitcroft but he needs to start putting points on the board
Sacking Managers isn’t always the answer look at Bradford City and Notts
Don’t like 352- in my view we leave lots of space to be attacked
Thought yesterday’s team selection was flawed - Rose should have started
I’m confident JR will make the right decision at the right time
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum