{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

DF

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: DF

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:33 pm

Amber Andy wrote:No abc, I'm not.

Why do you dislike him so much?

Funny thing is I quite like him as a bloke I just think he hasn't got a Scooby where the football is concerned.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:47 pm

He was more concerned how exeter would play rather than getting us to play how we know we can.One up front is no good at home.Rose and Walker have to start.End of.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:23 pm

abc wrote:

Funny thing is I quite like him as a bloke I just think he hasn't got a Scooby where the football is concerned.

My word! We are indeed lucky to have such a venerable expert in our midst.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:49 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
abc wrote:

Don't have to be an expert to see how poor his tactics and formations are take yesterday .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Hjeldefan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:04 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
abc wrote:

I wish we were lucky enough to have a venerable expert as a manager.
Hjeldefan
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:13 pm

abc wrote:

So are you saying, the fact he got Bury promoted, not playing hoofball incidentally, was a complete fluke. Because managers who haven't got a "Scooby", don't get promotions.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:15 pm

geoffhill wrote:He was more concerned how exeter would play rather than getting us to play how we know we can.One up front is no good at home.Rose and Walker have to start.End of.

He only played with one recognised striker, but he played with more than one up front.

He set up to beat Exeter, but owing to below parr performances from several of our players Exeter were the better side.

He also changed from plan A to plan B to plan C.

Sometimes opposition managers employ better tactics and their players play better. That's football.

It's not unusual for us to get beaten at home by Exeter, doesn't mean the current manager or the previous ones, for that matter, don't know what they are doing.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 9:40 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
geoffhill wrote:He was more concerned how exeter would play rather than getting us to play how we know we can.One up front is no good at home.Rose and Walker have to start.End of.

He only played with one recognised striker, but he played with more than one up front.

He set up to beat Exeter, but owing to below parr performances from several of our players Exeter were the better side.

He also changed from plan A to plan B to plan C.

Sometimes opposition managers employ better tactics and their players play better. That's football.

It's not unusual for us to get beaten at home by Exeter, doesn't mean the current manager or the previous ones, for that matter, don't know what they are doing.

fgs he played one up front stop making it up. Look at Martin's match report if you must 3421.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:17 pm

Anybody who went to the Lincoln game will understand why he played butcher . Butcher was MOM playing in the role up with the striker.

Anybody who would drop Butcher after the Lincoln performance would lose the dressing room, because playing that well and being dropped would be unthinkable .

Nobody on here gives credit to how well Exeter played. They blocked nearly every cross and have the best goalkeeper and centre forward in the league.

Finally Rose is not fit enough to play with that intensity for 90 mins. I feel he can only play as an impact sub until his fitness improves.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:17 am

I sometimes wonder if this is a fans forum or a jury. For goodness sake support the team and the manager. As a club it’s never been in such a good place for a generation.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:05 am

Seems a few on this thread have been itching for this first defeat so we can start calling for the manager 7 games in
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:45 am

I wish that everyone on here would listen (and learn) from other opinions. Probably too many egotists. Strongly disagreeing ( and wanting to fight) isn`t the way forward. Flitcroft made wrong calls and too late. We talk at matches and we disagree, but I think that most thought the team selection was wrong. I would more happily accept defeat if we went hell for leather for a result and had an exciting game! Instead we played into the hands of a good team (of rollers) and rolled over.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby tmwilson » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:03 am

I suppose we all see things differently . I thought Butcher had a decent game along with Rose , Pearce , Mcdonald and Bishop .
It's the worse I've seen the flankers play . Both White and Hamilton got in to some good positions but their crosses were woeful . Benning wasn't much better when he came on . It baffled me why we played down the wings so much having only one small player up front . Do that when we have Rose up front . A lot of goals from Rose came in the first half the season . Some from crosses from Anderson . To me it was no coincidence that stopped when Anderson was moved to right back . I still think Anderson , along with Mcdonald are the best crossers of a ball .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Nottsstag100 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:36 am

Anderson had some shocking games last season, I mean did u see him at meadow lane :o
Nottsstag100
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Grendon Stag » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:37 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
abc wrote:

Oh the irony!!
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:44 pm

tmwilson wrote:I suppose we all see things differently . I thought Butcher had a decent game along with Rose , Pearce , Mcdonald and Bishop .
It's the worse I've seen the flankers play . Both White and Hamilton got in to some good positions but their crosses were woeful . Benning wasn't much better when he came on . It baffled me why we played down the wings so much having only one small player up front . Do that when we have Rose up front . A lot of goals from Rose came in the first half the season . Some from crosses from Anderson . To me it was no coincidence that stopped when Anderson was moved to right back . I still think Anderson , along with Mcdonald are the best crossers of a ball .

Can I see this list of goals that came from Anderson crosses please? It will be a very short list.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:14 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:
tmwilson wrote:I suppose we all see things differently . I thought Butcher had a decent game along with Rose , Pearce , Mcdonald and Bishop .

Can I see this list of goals that came from Anderson crosses please? It will be a very short list.

How many games did he play on the wing though?

From memory he played more at right back.

I don’t think Anderson has the legs to play the wing back role we currently use, but he certainly has more quality when it comes to crossing a football than Hayden White. Considering the wages we will be paying him I think he should at least be an option on the bench for when we do change formation and look to get crosses into Rose or Davies.

If I was JR I would be asking why he’s not involved in the squad because this attempt to move him on has clearly not worked
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:21 pm

JR and the Board know why he isn’t playing and quite frankly I’m amazed that more fans don’t know, as many do
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:24 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Several players underperformed yesterday. However there wasn't much separating us from Exeter who are a good side.

We were well on top in the first twenty minutes. Khan shot straight at the keeper on two occasions. Walker's shot was almost as good as Exeter's excellent first goal, but was well saved by probably the best keeper in league 2. Both teams then scored scrambled goals, albeit theirs created as a result of our defence "switching off".

When Rose replaced Butcher we went more route one, which was a tad disappointing, but it did create clear shooting chances, which we failed to take. To be fair Rose did try and conjure up two acrobatic efforts, but straight at a very competent keeper.

Like everyone else, disappointed with the result, but the over reaction from some on here is comical.

I fully agree mate with your comments.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Kenwood » Tue Sep 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Chimney wrote:JR and the Board know why he isn’t playing and quite frankly I’m amazed that more fans don’t know, as many do

Obviously I must be one of the few that doesn’t then. Whatever it is it has to be a good one to keep paying a rumoured £3,000 a week to play with the under 21’s
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Sep 18, 2018 7:37 pm

Chimney wrote:JR and the Board know why he isn’t playing and quite frankly I’m amazed that more fans don’t know, as many do

Chimney are you one of those in the know?

More importantly, are you able to give us a clue?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Sep 18, 2018 9:25 pm

Amber Andy wrote:

Chimney are you one of those in the know?

More importantly, are you able to give us a clue?

Andy, you should have worked out by now, all those on this board ' in the know' know '... all'
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby tuopolfpilf » Wed Sep 19, 2018 5:38 am

Was it something to do with drugs?

Maybe he is on a rehab programme
tuopolfpilf
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:44 am

tuopolfpilf wrote:Was it something to do with drugs?

More like chimney’s bull
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Wed Sep 19, 2018 6:47 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
tuopolfpilf wrote:Was it something to do with drugs?

More like chimney’s bull

More like Chimney truth
The One
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum