{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

The Grecians Scorefred sponsored by a Humdinger of a match

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: The Grecians Scorefred sponsored by a Humdinger of a mat

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:Funny that Preston were looking at khan too, he can't be as bad as ABC says he is if a championship team were sniffing. I think khan will probably be sold next summer and he will make this club a pretty penny

Do you believe everything you hear ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:13 pm

abc wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:Funny that Preston were looking at khan too, he can't be as bad as ABC says he is if a championship team were sniffing. I think khan will probably be sold next summer and he will make this club a pretty penny

No, but I'm sure league one teams were looking at him. look at musings post for his contributions so far. you say he lacks pace but he more than makes up for that with his technical ability, and he's not going to be a master of tackling being an attacking midfielder as that's bishop and the defences responsibility.

if you want to talk about luxury players then that would be Jacob mellis, there's a good football player in there but ultimately never really scored or assisted enough imo
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 2:20 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
abc wrote:

No, but I'm sure league one teams were looking at him. look at musings post for his contributions so far. you say he lacks pace but he more than makes up for that with his technical ability, and he's not going to be a master of tackling being an attacking midfielder as that's bishop and the defences responsibility.

if you want to talk about luxury players then that would be Jacob mellis, there's a good football player in there but ultimately never really scored or assisted enough imo

So you do believe everything you hear.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:51 pm

Stop quoting abc eh? I don’t want to read his utter pile of detritus.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Sep 16, 2018 6:54 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Stop quoting abc eh? I don’t want to read his utter pile of detritus.

Coming from you wee man I' ll take that as a compliment.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:25 pm

abc wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Stop quoting abc eh? I don’t want to read his utter pile of detritus.

Coming from you wee man I' ll take that as a compliment.

Then I challenge your judgement, abc
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:29 pm

Folk are saying 10 points from 7 games is not very good, but five of our opponents are in the top eight, so a pretty tough start rather than an easy start.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:56 am

There are no easy games in professional football theses days.

I'm not sure that skill levels have gone up massively but there are now far more players capable of reaching those levels hence more parity between teams.

If a team is serious about promotion they have to meet the challenge every week and not just give 100% in the 'harder' games.

I'm not sure we are doing that at the moment and it probably explains the low points return.

We need to get our heads down and stop thinking we have the right to win every week. I know the players and manager say they believe that but it's easy to say things you maybe don't actually believe.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:00 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
abc wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:I said better teams would find space down the channels if were playing 352..... it needs scrapping because our "wingbacks" are no where near good enough for it.

True but how will Flipflop fit his pal Khan in to a 442 ?

Why are you saying 'his pal' like he hasn't been our most effective player so far this season? He's one of the best players in the league for crying out loud and already a couple of posters on here are trying to hound him out. Unbelievable.

This.

Otis is a player we’ve not had for years and years, look after him and he’ll make this club a fortune.
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:07 am

Foresttownstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
abc wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:I said better teams would find space down the channels if were playing 352..... it needs scrapping because our "wingbacks" are no where near good enough for it.

Why are you saying 'his pal' like he hasn't been our most effective player so far this season? He's one of the best players in the league for crying out loud and already a couple of posters on here are trying to hound him out. Unbelievable.

This.

At the moment he's another MacDonald as in where's his best position?

We really don't get him in the game enough at the moment and his best moments have come out wide when he's isolated one on one with the full back and beats him easily instead of surrounded by traffic in "the hole"

Otis is a player we’ve not had for years and years, look after him and he’ll make this club a fortune.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:19 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Foresttownstag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
abc wrote:

This.

We really don't get him in the game enough at the moment and his best moments have come out wide when he's isolated one on one with the full back and beats him easily instead of surrounded by traffic in "the hole"

You must have missed his goals against Newport then, and his performance against Carlisle.

He’s given a free role which allows him to go where he wants to best effect the game. That’s his best position. There’s no question about that for the majority of us who don’t watch the game with our eyes closed.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby nick_stags » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:30 am

Khan has no pace?

I have genuinely read it all now on this site, I honestly thought nothing could shock me anymore but I was wrong. Christ almighty.
nick_stags
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 17, 2018 7:31 am

Why are you saying 'his pal' like he hasn't been our most effective player so far this season? He's one of the best players in the league for crying out loud and already a couple of posters on here are trying to hound him out. Unbelievable.[/quote]

This.

Otis is a player we’ve not had for years and years, look after him and he’ll make this club a fortune.[/quote][/quote]

You must have missed his goals against Newport then, and his performance against Carlisle.

He’s given a free role which allows him to go where he wants to best effect the game. That’s his best position. There’s no question about that for the majority of us who don’t watch the game with our eyes closed.[/quote]

Or with blinkers on ;) We beat Carlisle with a dubious pen he did very little to affect the game, ill give you Newport cos I watch intently ;)
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 8:11 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Or with blinkers on ;) We beat Carlisle with a dubious pen he did very little to affect the game,

Khan created EIGHT chances against Carlisle, and hit the post after a magnificent piece of trickery.
As I wrote at the time: I haven’t checked but I don’t think any player has got close to creating as many as 8 chances in any game in recent history.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby abc » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:03 am

nick_stags wrote:Khan has no pace?

I have genuinely read it all now on this site, I honestly thought nothing could shock me anymore but I was wrong. Christ almighty.

You think he has ??? :o
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:13 am

Martin Shaw wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Or with blinkers on ;) We beat Carlisle with a dubious pen he did very little to affect the game,

Khan created EIGHT chances against Carlisle, and hit the post after a magnificent piece of trickery.
As I wrote at the time: I haven’t checked but I don’t think any player has got close to creating as many as 8 chances in any game in recent history.

Absolutely brilliant. Did nothing to effect the game. Jesus.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:35 am

Absolutely bang on the money, we got well and truly done by a team that WILL be promoted this season
what we need to be asking is what is his plan B, revert back to a back four ?

one things for sure, we are not gonna be a top three team without better options

& would love a reporter to have the balls to ask him if Wacker has to start every league game ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:50 am

Same stuff different season. Can't score the goals despite chances being made innit.

Gets tiresome.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:45 am

yorkshire stag wrote:

Absolutely bang on the money, we got well and truly done by a team that WILL be promoted this season

one things for sure, we are not gonna be a top three team without better options

& would love a reporter to have the balls to ask him if Wacker has to start every league game ?

He scored in the last league game, and scored against Lincoln. Why would he have been dropped on Saturday...?
James
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:56 am

James wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

He scored in the last league game, and scored against Lincoln. Why would he have been dropped on Saturday...?

wasn't Yorkshire the one not happy with walker not scoring in PSF? He scores 7 goals in 10 games and then he wants DF to explain if he has to start every game! He could start every game for me if he carries on scoring
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:26 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:

Walker has scored 7 league and cup goals in 9 starts (+1 sub) appearance this season. Only someone who doesn't know what year it is would want him dropped :D
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:29 pm

A very disappointing result for the Stags. We need to start to put a run of wins together starting with Cambridge away next Saturday. The style of football is exciting to watch but we need to start turning possession into goals and wins. We had plenty of possession against Exeter but we only created two decent chances all game.

I was very surprised that DF decided to only play one striker up front. Danny Rose changed the game against West Brom, could have had a hat-trick against Carlisle and played well at Lincoln City. He should have started on Saturday.

Two wins from seven games (four from nineteen) is simply not good enough bearing in mind the backing that DF has been given by JR. The home league form under DF since he arrived is also poor - 2W 5D 3L. The one big positive from Saturday was having 4,000+ Stags's fans in the ground.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:33 pm

As i said at 14:00 o’clock Sat, why oh why we started with one striker up front at home was bonkers
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:39 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:A very disappointing result for the Stags. We need to start to put a run of wins together starting with Cambridge away next Saturday. The style of football is exciting to watch but we need to start turning possession into goals and wins. We had plenty of possession against Exeter but we only created two decent chances all game.

I was very surprised that DF decided to only play one striker up front. Danny Rose changed the game against West Brom, could have had a hat-trick against Carlisle and played well at Lincoln City. He should have started on Saturday.

Two wins from seven games (four from nineteen) is simply not good enough bearing in mind the backing that DF has been given by JR. The home league form under DF since he arrived is also poor - 2W 5D 3L. The one big positive from Saturday was having 4,000+ Stags's fans in the ground.

For the third time this season out of four I believe, but unless we start actually putting together a few wins that might be the last untill we play County/Lincoln etc.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Mon Sep 17, 2018 12:46 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:As i said at 14:00 o’clock Sat, why oh why we started with one striker up front at home was bonkers

DF clearly isn’t a fan of Rose or Rose can’t manage 90 mins as if Davies was fit we’d have been two up top.

Agreed, can’t be going 1 up top at home, especially against a side as good as Exeter
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum