{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

"Have You Still Got That Stand?"

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: "Have You Still Got That Stand?"

Postby Spiritater » Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Sneag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Vice President wrote:Everyone understands the 'attendances' argument ..... However, replacing Bishop St. isn't about attendances ...... it is about aesthetics.

We don't need to increase the capacity at the moment - but we do need to do something about that side of the ground.

Attendances and sponsorship money pay the bills though, aesthetics don't. Why do we need to do something about that side of the ground atm? Just to save a few from crying their eyes out cos it's an eyesore. The time will come (hopefully) when it needs to be done and that time isn't now. I think they've done a super job with Woburn and imo it's a more important development for t'club at pres than developing t'Bish that'll remain probably empty 90% of a season. Our and the away followings are quite easily accomodated with what we have now for the most part with hundreds and hundreds of seats to spare. We'll get near capacity probably 2-3 times this season but the rest of the time we'll be 2-2.5k short.

I'm sure Johnny'll know when the time's right and will put things into gear, but shelling out wads of cash now for something to calm the easily upset and offended will have to wait.

Isn't it better to plan ahead in anticipation of increased attendances (despite the moaning from some, they've been on an upward trajectory for years), than waiting until it's 'needed'.

Fix the roof while the sun is shining. :D

Easier said than done when you're not footing the bill eh!
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:03 pm

Spiritater wrote:
Sneag wrote:
Spiritater wrote:
Vice President wrote:Everyone understands the 'attendances' argument ..... However, replacing Bishop St. isn't about attendances ...... it is about aesthetics.

We don't need to increase the capacity at the moment - but we do need to do something about that side of the ground.

Attendances and sponsorship money pay the bills though, aesthetics don't. Why do we need to do something about that side of the ground atm? Just to save a few from crying their eyes out cos it's an eyesore. The time will come (hopefully) when it needs to be done and that time isn't now. I think they've done a super job with Woburn and imo it's a more important development for t'club at pres than developing t'Bish that'll remain probably empty 90% of a season. Our and the away followings are quite easily accomodated with what we have now for the most part with hundreds and hundreds of seats to spare. We'll get near capacity probably 2-3 times this season but the rest of the time we'll be 2-2.5k short.

I'm sure Johnny'll know when the time's right and will put things into gear, but shelling out wads of cash now for something to calm the easily upset and offended will have to wait.

Isn't it better to plan ahead in anticipation of increased attendances (despite the moaning from some, they've been on an upward trajectory for years), than waiting until it's 'needed'.

Fix the roof while the sun is shining. :D

Easier said than done when you're not footing the bill eh!

My house has a roof thanks.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:12 pm

If I'd won the Euromillions tonight I would have paid for it to be flattened and rebuilt, unfortunately I was just five numbers and two lucky stars off the jackpot.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Spiritater wrote:

I don't think it is anything to do with anyone being 'easily upset or offended'. Some people seem to completely miss the point. :lol: :roll:
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:12 am

Still, aesthetics don't pay the bills do they?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:17 am

Spiritater wrote:Still, aesthetics don't pay the bills do they?

Incredibly 1 dimensional view of the world.

A better stadium will allow more fans in, corporate hospitality, additional community uses. The current Bishop Street may also deter sponsors or players as it devalues the look and feel of the stadium. In its current form there are dilapidation, maintenance and security costs.

So yeah, aesthetics Kind of does pay the bills, ask Tyra Banks or Heidi Klum.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:19 am

Dead subject until the newer hotel plan gets the green light or we make League One. !!
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:26 am

Big yella wrote:If I'd won the Euromillions tonight I would have paid for it to be flattened and rebuilt, unfortunately I was just five numbers and two lucky stars off the jackpot.

Me too. It's the first item on my, 'if I won big' agenda.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:51 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

A better stadium will allow more fans in, corporate hospitality, additional community uses. The current Bishop Street may also deter sponsors or players as it devalues the look and feel of the stadium. In its current form there are dilapidation, maintenance and security costs.

I think you need to ask John Radford. He's the one who's gonna do it, and I reckon he's more bothered about having a team worthy of a 4 stand stadium first. By all means blow £3.5m on a stand whilst languishing in Lge 2 that makes good sense doesn't it ? :roll:
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:01 pm

Spiritater wrote:
arsene wengers coat wrote:

I think you need to ask John Radford. He's the one who's gonna do it, and I reckon he's more bothered about having a team worthy of a 4 stand stadium first. By all means blow £3.5m on a stand whilst languishing in Lge 2 that makes good sense doesn't it ? :roll:

Did you pull that figure out your arse?
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:53 pm

No youth, but just how much do you think demolishing, planning and actually building said stand would cost 2/6d? To build a stand even on the same stature of one of the end ones wouldn't be cheap.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:54 pm

Mind, Cambridge had an odd set of stands today
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sat Sep 22, 2018 7:59 pm

Spiritater wrote:No youth, but just how much do you think demolishing, planning and actually building said stand would cost 2/6d? To build a stand even on the same stature of one of the end ones wouldn't be cheap.

They have plans for a terrace, would be much cheaper than what you have suggested but obviously stands are not cheap to build.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:01 pm

I don’t really see the need to do anything with it right now. Yes it’s an eyesore, but we’re not close to selling out, so maybe waitto see if that improves (which it won’t with the current manager!)
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum