{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

videos: Carlisle game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

videos: Carlisle game

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:01 am

Tyler Walker scores against Carlisle

The Stags miss chances against Carlisle

Bobby Olejnik saves in stoppage time
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Re: videos: Carlisle game

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:09 am

Good Lord. Half a dozen sitters. Awful finishing.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:44 am

Another solid performance from Robs all time favourite referee Drysdale :D
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:57 am

Billy the fish wrote:Another solid performance from Robs all time favourite referee Drysdale :D

Yes, he's my favourite :roll:

He did get the pen spot on, it's a good job some on here weren't reffing as they wouldn't have given it!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Sep 02, 2018 2:46 pm

Rob wrote:
Billy the fish wrote:Another solid performance from Robs all time favourite referee Drysdale :D

Yes, he's my favourite :roll:

He did get the pen spot on, it's a good job some on here weren't reffing as they wouldn't have given it!

To be fair to DD his positioning to give the pen was spot on.

Didn't look like a pen from where I was sat, but it looks like a trip from behind the goal. CJ needs to work on his appeals 'cos it didn't look like he thought it was pen either. :D
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Bradders » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:26 pm

bellwhiff wrote:Good Lord. Half a dozen sitters. Awful finishing.

It's good to see players diving in to get headers. Rose was very unlucky with his diving header - he got full power on it and managed to direct it between the defender and goalkeeper, right into the centre of the goal. Unfortunate for him that the defender's arm was in the way and pretty much covered the gap - I don't think that he could be expected to do better, and sometimes a handball on the line is punished by the ref even if he didn't have chance to move the arm out of the way.
If the players retain the confidence to strike at will they'll get better luck, so I hope that people aren't too critical. We haven't had the rub of the green this week. The only real "sitter" was the one the fell to Walker after Khan's effort hit the post, and I don't think he needs us to tell him that he should have done better!
Bradders
Manager
Manager

Postby Billy the fish » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:45 pm

Bradders wrote:

It's good to see players diving in to get headers. Rose was very unlucky with his diving header - he got full power on it and managed to direct it between the defender and goalkeeper, right into the centre of the goal. Unfortunate for him that the defender's arm was in the way and pretty much covered the gap - I don't think that he could be expected to do better, and sometimes a handball on the line is punished by the ref even if he didn't have chance to move the arm out of the way.
If the players retain the confidence to strike at will they'll get better luck, so I hope that people aren't too critical. We haven't had the rub of the green this week. The only real "sitter" was the one the fell to Walker after Khan's effort hit the post, and I don't think he needs us to tell him that he should have done better!

Thing is Bradders it’s like Groundhog Day we’ve been crying out for a finisher for season after season , DF approach is for the midfield to contribute but the onus in tight games fall on your strikers and I’m still unsure if we are any better in that department . It’s league 4 but goal scorers aka stant , Greenacre , cassels win you promotion , have we had better ? Green ?
Billy the fish
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:01 pm

Bradders wrote:

That first one wasn’t a sitter. The others were. The one Walker missed was horrendous

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Sep 02, 2018 5:31 pm

I think we could of already seen the goal of te season by Hamilton against Accrington and the miss of the season by Walker yesterday . Very encouraging we are creating that many chances . I think we will hammer a few teams this season
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:38 pm

Watch Walkers miss again, it takes a real bobble up just as he is about to hit it. Crikey we missed some chances but I will take the 1-0 and chances being set up.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:56 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Watch Walkers miss again, it takes a real bobble up just as he is about to hit it. Crikey we missed some chances but I will take the 1-0 and chances being set up.

No, no bobble. Just a youth thrashing at it instead of side footing home, just poor technique
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:36 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:Watch Walkers miss again, it takes a real bobble up just as he is about to hit it. Crikey we missed some chances but I will take the 1-0 and chances being set up.

No, no bobble. Just a youth thrashing at it instead of side footing home, just poor technique

saying nowt
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:30 am

Think Bishop would have put it away ?

There you go then.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:08 am

Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby tillydog123 » Mon Sep 03, 2018 2:38 pm

Really good chances, we need to start putting these away or draws will become the norm, more draws at home means no promotion in essence.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:24 am

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:40 am

I can`t see it as a penalty. If C.J. had hit his chance with any power, it would have gone in. Did we pay Drysdale?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:51 am

PRL13 wrote:I can`t see it as a penalty. If C.J. had hit his chance with any power, it would have gone in. Did we pay Drysdale?

when seen from the pitchside footage, it was a clear trip, hence a penalty.
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum