{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Post match interview & highlights from Sky Sports

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Post match interview & highlights from Sky Sports

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Sep 01, 2018 4:56 pm

Source: Radio Nottingham

Last edited by Son Of Sherwood on Sat Sep 01, 2018 10:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: Post match interview - David Flitcroft

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:07 pm

The man improves every game
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:38 pm

I really do like him and want him to do really well here. If it takes a few years playing good football like today then I’m happy, after some of the rubbish we’ve witnessed in years past!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby geoffhill » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:46 pm

What do the doubters have to say now.Yorkshire Stag. Sneag, stagman rob, Ian b, B H Stag, Adamstag,Jaimie,abc,t m wilson, these are just a few of the Flitcroft out brigade.Not forgetting Sedgwick.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:48 pm

geoffhill wrote:What do the doubters have to say now.Yorkshire Stag. Sneag, stagman rob, Ian b, B H Stag, Adamstag,Jaimie,abc,t m wilson, these are just a few of the Flitcroft out brigade.Not forgetting Sedgwick.

4 in 18
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:50 pm

abc wrote:
geoffhill wrote:What do the doubters have to say now.Yorkshire Stag. Sneag, stagman rob, Ian b, B H Stag, Adamstag,Jaimie,abc,t m wilson, these are just a few of the Flitcroft out brigade.Not forgetting Sedgwick.

4 in 18

Undefeated
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:00 pm

:lol: look I obviously want him to succeed as I’m the others do, and I’m glad we’ve had a decent start - if he takes us up I’ll be as happy as anyone! I really can not be bothered to go in to last season all over again, but I don’t think anyone could be blamed for having doubts after his record last season... I have said that I think Flitcroft had a very good transfer window, it’s clear he’s managed to improve the starting 11 with his signings as opposed to just the squad like Evans.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:11 pm

abc wrote:

4 in 18

Yawn ! I'd advise to concentrate on the present and not the past.

Old football adage, but true, "you are only as good as your last game".
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:16 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

4 in 18

And you think we were good today ?
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:19 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

4 in 18

Do you think that we weren't?
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:24 pm

Have you a lot of time on your hands Geoff lol .
You have either written that list down as our statements were made or you have just spent time going through everyones comments .
Nothing and no one will ever convince me that my opinions were wrong . Last season he made a pigs ear of it all . A lot of our fans knew it and so did fans from other clubs in our league . I put it up there with the failure to get automatic promotion when Curle was here .
This season I have backed him and the players 100% hence going to all the games so far and my comments of the games have been positive .

It's a ridiculous post anyway . We are a few games in . We could keep this unbeaten run going for another 20/30 games or we could go on a dire run .
I give praise where praise is due . He deserved no praise at all last season . So far this season I'm happy how things are going . This includes his signings , his style of football and results and I like his interviews . If I'm want to be negative then we should be on 6 points more .

If things continue then he will recieve support from all of us . If things go boobies up then a lot will change their opinion . But thanks Geoff for pointing out that some of us thought he cost us a chance of promotion
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:30 pm

tmwilson wrote:

You have either written that list down as our statements were made or you have just spent time going through everyones comments .
Nothing and no one will ever convince me that my opinions were wrong . Last season he made a pigs ear of it all . A lot of our fans knew it and so did fans from other clubs in our league . I put it up there with the failure to get automatic promotion when Curle was here .
This season I have backed him and the players 100% hence going to all the games so far and my comments of the games have been positive .

It's a ridiculous post anyway . We are a few games in . We could keep this unbeaten run going for another 20/30 games or we could go on a dire run .
I give praise where praise is due . He deserved no praise at all last season . So far this season I'm happy how things are going . This includes his signings , his style of football and results and I like his interviews . If I'm want to be negative then we should be on 6 points more .

If things continue then he will recieve support from all of us . If things go boobies up then a lot will change their opinion . But thanks Geoff for pointing out that some of us thought he cost us a chance of promotion

Saved me a load of typing. ;)
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:33 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

4 in 18

I thought we deserved to win. We created good chances, defended well, but our forwards failed to put away good chances.

To quote "Meatloaf" two out of three ain't bad.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

4 in 18

I thought we deserved to win. We created good chances, defended well, but our forwards failed to put away good chances.

To quote "Meatloaf" two out of three ain't bad.

Answer the question .
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:53 pm

abc wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
abc wrote:

4 in 18

I thought we played well today, but a tad disappointed with the finishing.

Maybe my expectations arnt as high as yours abc.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm

tmwilson wrote:

What I cant understand is why you and others keep harping on about last season.

It's gone, both he and his predecessor, who incidentally got the red card today along with his side kick, failed to get us promoted.

It's history fgs move on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:11 pm

We did play well today. Carlisle are a form team of the division and we had them in our pocket for eighty minutes. We controlled the game, defended stoutly and created enough clear cut chances to win three games.

If two or three of those missed chances had gone in then this forum would be bristling with superlatives tonight.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:20 pm

The performances under Flitcroft, in terms of chances created and attractiveness of football, have been the best of any manager in years. The results have for the most part been disappointing.

We were very good today, possibly the best I personally have seen us this season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 pm

MTFCMusings wrote:The performances under Flitcroft, in terms of chances created and attractiveness of football, have been the best of any manager in years. The results have for the most part been disappointing.

We were very good today, possibly the best I personally have seen us this season.

You missed the Accy game then?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:26 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The performances under Flitcroft, in terms of chances created and attractiveness of football, have been the best of any manager in years. The results have for the most part been disappointing.

You missed the Accy game then?

Yes, was on holiday.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:37 pm

FLIP RIGHT OFF.... I've defended DF for ages and said the same as above, he needs to be here for a few year to achieve something. Not sack him after 12 bad games like last year... Or after a year without guaranteed promotion.

never once called for him to be sacked and never doubted him. He says everything right and he really does care about this club... Unlike you all I've actually met him and spoke to him when he was at swindon, their situation with having no where to train/ gym/ physio etc compared to here is why Mansfield is everything he wants in a job/club... he genuinely loves it here and wants to succeed.

The only thing I do not like is the formation, no one in league two is good enough to do it properly but I couldn't really care if we get the results. Could play bobby upfront and Id be behind him if we were winning!

COYS!
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Re: Post match interview & highlights from Sky Sports

Postby Son Of Sherwood » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Endeavoring to persevere since 1965 (8-1 home win against QPR)

Seal it, Larson
Son Of Sherwood
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:02 pm

County’s keeper is pants
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:06 pm

Results disappointing ?

We’re unbeaten man.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:19 pm

part time pete wrote:County’s keeper is pants

Now that was Nolan’s call... chocolate wrists, he’ll cost them points this season
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum