{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Post match interview & highlights from Sky Sports

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Post match interview & highlights from Sky Sports

Postby geoffhill » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:29 pm

Amber Andy.Yes I have a lot of time on my hands.I posted my thoughts as I read negative comments from the people I have listed.I have complete faith in the manager as I knew he would build a good enough squad to get promotion from this league.He got Bury promoted from this league and they thrashed us when Bury came here.I always look at the bigger picture and that is why I have faith in Flitcroft now as I did when all the negative posters wanted him out.He came in at a difficult time when Evans left us.If you ask the majority of fans who they prefer as manager Evans or Flitcroft then I think you know the answer.COYS.
geoffhill
Manager
Manager

Re: Post match interview - David Flitcroft

Postby MTFCMusings » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:28 am

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The performances under Flitcroft, in terms of chances created and attractiveness of football, have been the best of any manager in years. The results have for the most part been disappointing.

We were very good today, possibly the best I personally have seen us this season.

Results disappointing ?

We’re unbeaten man.

I meant since he became manager, not just this season. That applies to the performances being better and the results being disappointing.

With regards to this season, we should be four points better off at this stage IMO, two at the least.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:00 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:The performances under Flitcroft, in terms of chances created and attractiveness of football, have been the best of any manager in years. The results have for the most part been disappointing.

We were very good today, possibly the best I personally have seen us this season.

Results disappointing ?

We’re unbeaten man.

I meant since he became manager, not just this season. That applies to the performances being better and the results being disappointing.

With regards to this season, we should be four points better off at this stage IMO, two at the least.
Yet again, someone going on about last season.

Why ? It's gone. Concentrate on the good things this season , some very good players signed, the improvement in the style of football being played, a manager who says it like it is and the fact we are unbeaten.

Fgs, I've got the feeling even if DF got us promoted some fans will still carp on about last season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:03 am

Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
geoffhill wrote:What do the doubters have to say now.Yorkshire Stag. Sneag, stagman rob, Ian b, B H Stag, Adamstag,Jaimie,abc,t m wilson, these are just a few of the Flitcroft out brigade.Not forgetting Sedgwick.

Have you a lot of time on your hands Geoff lol .
You have either written that list down as our statements were made or you have just spent time going through everyones comments .
Nothing and no one will ever convince me that my opinions were wrong . Last season he made a pigs ear of it all . A lot of our fans knew it and so did fans from other clubs in our league . I put it up there with the failure to get automatic promotion when Curle was here .
This season I have backed him and the players 100% hence going to all the games so far and my comments of the games have been positive .

It's a ridiculous post anyway . We are a few games in . We could keep this unbeaten run going for another 20/30 games or we could go on a dire run .
I give praise where praise is due . He deserved no praise at all last season . So far this season I'm happy how things are going . This includes his signings , his style of football and results and I like his interviews . If I'm want to be negative then we should be on 6 points more .

If things continue then he will recieve support from all of us . If things go boobies up then a lot will change their opinion . But thanks Geoff for pointing out that some of us thought he cost us a chance of promotion

What I cant understand is why you and others keep harping on about last season.

It's gone, both he and his predecessor, who incidentally got the red card today along with his side kick, failed to get us promoted.

It's history fgs move on.

Are you for real Andy ?
For a start I haven't harped on about last season once this season .I've supported the manager and players 100% this season . Geoffhill brought mine and a few other names into his statement which had to do with last season . It was a reply to him . You need to start reading te posts before you comment .
Plus fans are allowed to discuss what they want on here . The past is history but history is apart of this club . Can we talk about Matt Green , Angol , Curle , Evans or do we need your permission ?
You don't need to read any post you don't want to and you certainly don't need to reply to any
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:23 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Results disappointing ?

We’re unbeaten man.

Last season was last season. Not his team. Let it go for Christ’s sake.

This season we are unbeaten. You blaming him for a goalkeeping error ? If so, you’re a fool, if not we’d be two points better off.

Clownish post.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:32 am

County look to have the exact same frailties as the Spireites last season. Long hard season for them!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 02, 2018 8:41 am

Flip-flop has bought in 7 of his own players. For me they look an improvement on the football team. He AND the players made a real mess of the finish to last season, all of them AND the former boss are culpable for its failure.

It's time that certain supporters try and get behind Flipper and his side and forget the almighty mess that was last season. This lot play a brand of football which is far easier on the eyes than the previous managers. And you can't blame Flip-flop for Conrad's howler and the catalogue of missed chances by an array of various forward players.

It's very disappointing that instead of supporting some fans much prefer to prime themselves with brickbats to hurl at a bloke who not only shows and speaks passionately about Mansfield Town, he wants to be here, respects the club and wants to succeed in the right way; he also comes across as decent human being. The complete reversal of the creature that he replaced. Thank God that I don't have to avoid his interviews any longer.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:28 am

tmwilson wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
geoffhill wrote:What do the doubters have to say now.Yorkshire Stag. Sneag, stagman rob, Ian b, B H Stag, Adamstag,Jaimie,abc,t m wilson, these are just a few of the Flitcroft out brigade.Not forgetting Sedgwick.

You have either written that list down as our statements were made or you have just spent time going through everyones comments .
Nothing and no one will ever convince me that my opinions were wrong . Last season he made a pigs ear of it all . A lot of our fans knew it and so did fans from other clubs in our league . I put it up there with the failure to get automatic promotion when Curle was here .
This season I have backed him and the players 100% hence going to all the games so far and my comments of the games have been positive .

It's a ridiculous post anyway . We are a few games in . We could keep this unbeaten run going for another 20/30 games or we could go on a dire run .
I give praise where praise is due . He deserved no praise at all last season . So far this season I'm happy how things are going . This includes his signings , his style of football and results and I like his interviews . If I'm want to be negative then we should be on 6 points more .

If things continue then he will recieve support from all of us . If things go boobies up then a lot will change their opinion . But thanks Geoff for pointing out that some of us thought he cost us a chance of promotion

It's gone, both he and his predecessor, who incidentally got the red card today along with his side kick, failed to get us promoted.

Are you for real Andy ?
For a start I haven't harped on about last season once this season .I've supported the manager and players 100% this season . Geoffhill brought mine and a few other names into his statement which had to do with last season . It was a reply to him . You need to start reading te posts before you comment .
Plus fans are allowed to discuss what they want on here . The past is history but history is apart of this club . Can we talk about Matt Green , Angol , Curle , Evans or do we need your permission ?
You don't need to read any post you don't want to and you certainly don't need to reply to any

I do read the posts. You remarked earlier on in the thread that last season "he made a pig's ear of it" Why harp back to last season? Which is the vey point I'm making. You also say you are fully behind him, but then you criticise that we should have six more points.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:33 am

DoomMerchant wrote:Flip-flop has bought in 7 of his own players. For me they look an improvement on the football team. He AND the players made a real mess of the finish to last season, all of them AND the former boss are culpable for its failure.

It's time that certain supporters try and get behind Flipper and his side and forget the almighty mess that was last season. This lot play a brand of football which is far easier on the eyes than the previous managers. And you can't blame Flip-flop for Conrad's howler and the catalogue of missed chances by an array of various forward players.

It's very disappointing that instead of supporting some fans much prefer to prime themselves with brickbats to hurl at a bloke who not only shows and speaks passionately about Mansfield Town, he wants to be here, respects the club and wants to succeed in the right way; he also comes across as decent human being. The complete reversal of the creature that he replaced. Thank God that I don't have to avoid his interviews any longer.
Good post. I couldn't have put it any better.Apart from the flip flop bit. But I think it's a term of affection now Doomy :)
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:37 am

You can be behind somebody and criticise.

What’s with it on here, has to be one or the another. A neutral view is nearly unheard of. We have those that would refuse to criticise him whatever happened yesterday and equally people who find a way to Criticise him whatever.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Sep 02, 2018 10:08 am

Mine is a neutral opinion (always try to have one about everything apart from ch*****field fc, Keith Haslam and Kyle Perry). I've been critical of our manager, I also want to give him a chance like every MTFC manager and player.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:

Are you for real Andy ?

I do read the posts. You remarked earlier on in the thread that last season "he made a pig's ear of it" Why harp back to last season? Which is the vey point I'm making. You also say you are fully behind him, but then you criticise that we should have six more points.

God it's hard work . You may of read my post but you obviously dont understand my reply . Maybe you should question Geoff as hes the one who brought last season into it. His statement was to do how me and a few others felt last season NOT this season . Get a grip . I've been to every game this season and been positive after every game . My remarks about if I was being negative we could have had 6 more points , well I'm sure everyone bar you thinks we should of beat Tranmere held on against Colchester and finished Macclesfield off in the firstl half . It's not a dig at the manager . It's the mistake by logan against Colchester and the numerous great chances we missed against other teams .
If you think people are not going to have opinions different to you then you are on the wrong site .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:46 am

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Results disappointing ?

We’re unbeaten man.

Last season was last season. Not his team. Let it go for Christ’s sake.

This season we are unbeaten. You blaming him for a goalkeeping error ? If so, you’re a fool, if not we’d be two points better off.

Clownish post.

What are you on about?

I praised him saying he has brought the best style of play for years, over a decade, but stated the results haven't been good enough overall. I don't see how you can argue with that.

This season based on opposition we've played I would have hoped we would be four points better off, at least two (two dropped at Macc). Regardless of what happened during the game, re the goalkeeping error, I would still have hoped we could beat Colchester, but a draws not too bad. Obviously he could do nothing about the error itself.

There's only one clown around here, it's getting quite tiresome you disagreeing with everything I say just so you can try and rile me.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Sep 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Conker wrote:You can be behind somebody and criticise.

What’s with it on here, has to be one or the another. A neutral view is nearly unheard of. We have those that would refuse to criticise him whatever happened yesterday and equally people who find a way to Criticise him whatever.

Exactly how long have you been coming on here for Conks? :lol: :P

Arguments are always better when you take something literally, or pigeon-hole it to the extreme polar-opposite of the view that's intended! ;)

Personally i've been impressed with what DF has done since last season and we're all hoping for much more over the coming months, but increasing our strike-potency in the final 3rd is (or should be) the main priority. Overall i think we're mostly better-off than some feared but not quite as good as some hoped........yet! For me it's a decent solid start, although nothing spectacular. But then again, i didn't expect / demand the latter anyway
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:30 pm

Fair enough tm. If I've misinterpreted you I apologise.

It's just that harping on about last years failure serves no purpose.

I think we have a manager who has developed an affinity with the club and should be encouraged.

Good managers are hard to find and I think we've got one. That doesn't mean I think he's perfect, because he's not and I'm sure I will have cause to criticism him in the future. But that will be about something that is current and not in the past.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Mon Sep 03, 2018 4:42 pm

Amber Andy wrote:Fair enough tm. If I've misinterpreted you I apologise.

I think we have a manager who has developed an affinity with the club and should be encouraged.

Good managers are hard to find and I think we've got one. That doesn't mean I think he's perfect, because he's not and I'm sure I will have cause to criticism him in the future. But that will be about something that is current and not in the past.

The standard of football has increased markedly and is probably better than anything since the early 2000s. No longer do my eyes bleed, no longer do I have to pinch myself to stay awake and at last we have a style, tactics and a very positive approach. Time for the strikers to find their shooting boots, they are getting the chances.

Like you, I am convinced we have a good manager, he needs time to fully assemble his own squad and barring a complete disaster I am sure the owner will give him that time.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 5:41 pm

Rob wrote:

The standard of football has increased markedly and is probably better than anything since the early 2000s. No longer do my eyes bleed, no longer do I have to pinch myself to stay awake and at last we have a style, tactics and a very positive approach. Time for the strikers to find their shooting boots, they are getting the chances.

Like you, I am convinced we have a good manager, he needs time to fully assemble his own squad and barring a complete disaster I am sure the owner will give him that time.
I hope so Rob, but football management, as I'm sure you know, is precarious. A bad run of results, for whatever reasons, and things quickly become negative.

I think the football is almost as good as the first Bill Dearden era.

My main concern is can DF manage a team who score sufficient goals in a game to prevent us from having to hang on towards the end of games ? Encouraging he acknowledges it is a problem and that's half the battle.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 03, 2018 6:24 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:

I hope so Rob, but football management, as I'm sure you know, is precarious. A bad run of results, for whatever reasons, and things quickly become negative.

My main concern is can DF manage a team who score sufficient goals in a game to prevent us from having to hang on towards the end of games ? Encouraging he acknowledges it is a problem and that's half the battle.

Your opinion of course but it's absolutely nowhere near the era you mention, just my opinion of course
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:46 pm

Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:

Your opinion of course but it's absolutely nowhere near the era you mention, just my opinion of course

I really enjoyed the football in those days.

Some great displays. Two games I particularly remember, we drew both,( the likes of Lawrence, Williamson and Disley where beginning to find their feet ) were Hull City at home and Blackpool away.

The Hull game in particular was end to end stuff played at a fast pace.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Mon Sep 03, 2018 8:50 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
Rob wrote:

I really enjoyed the football in those days.

Some great displays. Two games I particularly remember, we drew both,( the likes of Lawrence, Williamson and Disley where beginning to find their feet ) were Hull City at home and Blackpool away.

The Hull game in particular was end to end stuff played at a fast pace.

Good games indeed Andy but when this team produces a Huddersfield (FA Cup and league away), a Luton 4-1, a Lincoln 4-1 away and many others then you can talk about them in the same breath
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:25 pm

To be fair, he said the best since the early 2000's, not better than.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Mon Sep 03, 2018 9:25 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:County look to have the exact same frailties as the Spireites last season. Long hard season for them!!!

It's all the ex-spireites in their ranks - Dennis, Jones, Kellett.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum