{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Fans' affection could keep Rose at Mansfield Town

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Fans' affection could keep Rose at Mansfield Town

Postby tmwilson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:42 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:It's as simple as this.......he wanted to leave to play in a higher division and get paid more money, I hold no grudge for that, maybe he didn't handle it very well but he's a young lad.

I said the same when Mr Evans left, people need to step of this fantasy world that loyalty should be a factor, it isn't. Players are employed and paid money like most of us and like most of us, would leave to work elsewhere if more money was offered for the doing the same job.

If he stays, I will cheer him on as always have, if he goes then will wish him good luck.

Spot on . My sentiments as well .
I begrudge some of the top earners moving for even more money but I don't blame any player moving from lower teams to get a better wage . Football is a short career . Every player deserves a chance to play at a higher level and get a better wage if possible .

I'd rather him stay . What I've seen so far this season , he's better than the new signings up front . But if he goes , then good luck to the lad
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:46 pm

I really like Rose and would be sad to see him leave, but as others say if we sell rose and don't get a replacement in I think we've shot it up front with only Graham and OSJ? as backup if OSJ is even a striker, thought he was a winger
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:58 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
Big yella wrote:Not tough for me.

Rose has had Evans in his ear since March, yet chose to wait until three days before the season kicked off to tell us he doesn't want to be here. That showed no respect for us, so he gets none for me. Oh but he tries hard when he comes on, you mean he still does his job wow how wonderful. Don't we all do that when we hand our notice in?

The quicker his diving backside is gone the better.

Agree. One shot that hit the post and suddenly his actions are forgiven.

Not here.

There’s nothing to forgive. Never was.

Oh yes there is. He dumped on the owners. He got turned by a devious and unprincipled removed. He put the request in and he thumbed his nose at the owners and fans. Not concerned about him moving if it is done properly. He hasn’t acted well and deserves no praise
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:13 pm

tmwilson wrote:
Alwaysa5tag wrote:It's as simple as this.......he wanted to leave to play in a higher division and get paid more money, I hold no grudge for that, maybe he didn't handle it very well but he's a young lad.

I said the same when Mr Evans left, people need to step of this fantasy world that loyalty should be a factor, it isn't. Players are employed and paid money like most of us and like most of us, would leave to work elsewhere if more money was offered for the doing the same job.

If he stays, I will cheer him on as always have, if he goes then will wish him good luck.

I begrudge some of the top earners moving for even more money but I don't blame any player moving from lower teams to get a better wage . Football is a short career . Every player deserves a chance to play at a higher level and get a better wage if possible .

I'd rather him stay . What I've seen so far this season , he's better than the new signings up front . But if he goes , then good luck to the lad

What's the point of having a contract?

Basically the club offered him a lengthy lucrative contract which he was happy to sign.

A short time elapsed and he put in a transfer request.

Doesn't seem right to me.

I was upset the way Bennett left and joined the " Walkaway " manager, but at least he hadn't signed a contract. Some may say we lost out on a fee. But at least Bennett didn't pledge himself to the club.

As has been mentioned by another poster, the club thought DR was going to be at the club for at least this season. So it could be argued he has disrupted the club by his actions.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:22 pm

I can't understand this 'love in' with Danny Rose.

Yes, he might be better than the strikers that we currently have. (Therin lies a separate issue, to be discussed later).

But the fact is that ...... for all this adulation - he doesn't actually want to play for Mansfield. There are consequences to requesting to go on the transfer list.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:25 pm

Vice President wrote:I can't understand this 'love in' with Danny Rose.

Yes, he might be better than the strikers that we currently have. (Therin lies a separate issue, to be discussed later).

But the fact is that ...... for all this adulation - he doesn't actually want to play for Mansfield. There are consequences to requesting to go on the transfer list.

Maybe it's because we know he can score goals.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:29 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:

Basically the club offered him a lengthy lucrative contract which he was happy to sign.

I was upset the way Bennett left and joined the " Walkaway " manager, but at least he hadn't signed a contract. Some may say we lost out on a fee. But at least Bennett didn't pledge himself to the club.

As has been mentioned by another poster, the club thought DR was going to be at the club for at least this season. So it could be argued he has disrupted the club by his actions.

Look. If you’re employed, you have a Contract of Employment. It doesn’t prevent you from looking for alternative employment in order to improve your circumstances. You are free to leave provided you comply with the notice periodin the contract.

All Rose did was to openly inform his employers that he was seeking alternative employment. See that as disloyalty if you must, but the guy’s only doing what we all do - looking out for his best interests.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:33 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:

Look. If you’re employed, you have a Contract of Employment. It doesn’t prevent you from looking for alternative employment in order to improve your circumstances. You are free to leave provided you comply with the notice periodin the contract.

All Rose did was to openly inform his employers that he was seeking alternative employment. See that as disloyalty if you must, but the guy’s only doing what we all do - looking out for his best interests.

And he’s entitled to change his mind.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:36 pm

And we are entitled to be annoyed at his actions.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:03 pm

Vice President wrote:I can't understand this 'love in' with Danny Rose.

Very few players on our books ‘want’ to play for Mansfield. They are here because Mansfield wanted them and offered them something more attractive than elsewhere.

Rose got a sniff of a more attractive proposition elsewhere and tried to make it happen, just like any other of our players would do given the chance.

As long as when they’re on the pitch they try their hardest I couldn’t care less whether they want to be here or not.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:30 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:
tmwilson wrote:

And he’s entitled to change his mind.
I understand that.

It's the way he's done it and the timing

I know some were annoyed with Green when he left for Birmingham, and didn't give us time to get a replacement. I understood that and thought good luck to him.

This is far worse and those of us who think he's gone about it in a poor way are entitled to their opinion.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:23 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Rose just got in a black cab with his bags packed and everyone stood outside and waved him off as the car drove up Notts road with Alan Hardy’s Play off half and half scarves hanging out the windows
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:24 pm

Of course you’re entitled to your opinion. And I agree that Rose could have handled things better. I am sure he now considers it a mistake, but “you can’t put the poo back in the donkey”
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:16 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:Of course you’re entitled to your opinion. And I agree that Rose could have handled things better. I am sure he now considers it a mistake, but “you can’t put the poo back in the donkey”
Let's see what happens tomorrow.

Mr "Walkaway" has apparently told the press he is to make one more signing, before the loan window ends.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:50 pm

victor A block wrote:Why start a player that doesn't want to be here? The ball is 100% in Rose's court. The club and fans have made their feelings clear , yet he stays on the list which means HE wants to leave. Select players that want to be here.

Blatant plug here but if you look through these I don't think he looks like a player who doesn't want to be here.

https://www.facebook.com/dan.westwell/m ... IL-yeQThEA
Dan
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum