{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Surridge - Third kit?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Surridge - Third kit?

Postby Vice President » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:18 pm

Spiritater wrote:A bright kit is better than green/black imo. All white/red etc and stand out better. A player'll pick it up better in that half second decision that makes a difference. Just my thoughts though.

I agree Spiritater. A bright kit helps the players, given that peripheral vision is a key factor on the pitch. Our away kit should probably always be all-white.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:22 pm

Vice President wrote:
Spiritater wrote:A bright kit is better than green/black imo. All white/red etc and stand out better. A player'll pick it up better in that half second decision that makes a difference. Just my thoughts though.

I agree Spiritater. A bright kit helps the players, given that peripheral vision is a key factor on the pitch. Our away kit should probably always be all-white.

Amen to that brother. White for the away shirt will always get my vote.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Sep 24, 2018 6:41 pm

none of that silly hi Vis green colour though! we'll end up passing it to the stewards or police! I've seen another team do it :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Sep 24, 2018 8:11 pm

A compromise:

What about a return of the green and white striped shirt, with white shorts and socks?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Uppityrstag » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:05 am

Those green and white striped shirts should surely make a comeback ? We won a lot of away games in them in 91/92, so obviously the players had no problems picking each other out . If i remember rightly we wore black shorts and white socks with them , but i wouldn't bet heavily on that .
Uppityrstag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Rob » Wed Sep 26, 2018 4:42 pm

Our away kit should be white with amber and blue trim which can then either be worn with white or blue shorts and white, blue or amber socks. That's that sorted.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Thu Sep 27, 2018 10:19 am

Green Shirt for sale in shop. Just picked two up, much better than the black strip. Like to see it used as regular away kit.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:33 pm

Kernow wrote:Green Shirt for sale in shop. Just picked two up, much better than the black strip. Like to see it used as regular away kit.

Been in today and it looks smart, agreed looks better than the black. Real shame it’s not an embroidered badge though
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum