{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A petition to ban supporters who shouted racist chants

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A petition to ban supporters who shouted racist chants

Postby garlic » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:46 pm

done
garlic
First Team
First Team

Postby HU7stag » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:04 pm

Idiotic and embarrassing behaviour. Petition signed.
HU7stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:12 pm

Seen him at quite a few games, moreso at home. Obviously not banned for life
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby yorkstag » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:40 pm

I don't condone racism in any way shape or form but not sure a separate petition is required. Surely this is what police and stewards are their for.
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 10:49 pm

Unfortunately we seem to have our fair share of morons, which is why I left the other site. About 40 years ago, I was playing in Shirebrook with a well known local black player. A fat guy on the side lines made racist comments to him. My black friend is very easy going, but I saw another side to him. He threatened to knock the fat guy out and the fat guy disappeared with his tail between his legs! A main sponsor of the Stags was also there that day, in my team.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmanrob » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:37 am

SidneyOttewell wrote:Just Googled JP's name and shocked at what I've just seen..... pictures of him with 'his mate' Tommy Robinson and three convictions for drink-driving, not to mention the hooliganism charges. What an utterly appalling human being.

On google he's listed for being a well known Nottingham Forest hooligan and involved in witness intimidation.

Seems to me he's not a fan of any club, he just goes where trouble is.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 am

stagmanrob wrote:
SidneyOttewell wrote:Just Googled JP's name and shocked at what I've just seen..... pictures of him with 'his mate' Tommy Robinson and three convictions for drink-driving, not to mention the hooliganism charges. What an utterly appalling human being.

On google he's listed for being a well known Nottingham Forest hooligan and involved in witness intimidation.

Seems to me he's not a fan of any club, he just goes where trouble is.

https://dailyagendaweb.files.wordpress. ... .png?w=788
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:52 am

PRL13 wrote:Unfortunately we seem to have our fair share of morons, which is why I left the other site. About 40 years ago, I was playing in Shirebrook with a well known local black player. A fat guy on the side lines made racist comments to him. My black friend is very easy going, but I saw another side to him. He threatened to knock the fat guy out and the fat guy disappeared with his tail between his legs! A main sponsor of the Stags was also there that day, in my team.

Why did you say three times "fat guy" ? Do you discriminate against overweight people?
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:09 am

Chimney wrote:
PRL13 wrote:Unfortunately we seem to have our fair share of morons, which is why I left the other site. About 40 years ago, I was playing in Shirebrook with a well known local black player. A fat guy on the side lines made racist comments to him. My black friend is very easy going, but I saw another side to him. He threatened to knock the fat guy out and the fat guy disappeared with his tail between his legs! A main sponsor of the Stags was also there that day, in my team.

Why did you say three times "fat guy" ? Do you discriminate against overweight people?

Well spotted, what a hypocritical idiot
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 am

Obviously chimney! To explain who I was talking about! I`ve been 15 stones and I was fat. Are you?
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PRL13 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:16 am

Look in the mirror Woodclanger!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:21 am

PRL13 wrote:Obviously chimney! To explain who I was talking about! I`ve been 15 stones and I was fat. Are you?

Still don't get it. What difference would it make if he was fat ,thin , tall or short ? How did it explain what you were talking about ? You've made yourself look a bit of a dick.
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:31 am

PRL13 wrote:Look in the mirror Woodclanger!

Looking mighty fine this morning, bit of a paunch appearing so you can't abuse me for being fat just yet.

You don't put a deal on here but when you do its usually ill thought out garbage and after tab hanging in the Sandy Pate I just don't think you're very bright.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Andy Perrin » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:41 am

Last edited by Andy Perrin on Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Been a Glory Hunter since 1969
Andy Perrin
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby I am Spartacus » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 am

In my younger days I was partial, at last orders, to girls of a more ‘curvy persuasion’.

Does this mean I haves an ‘ism’ or am an ‘ist’?
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:30 am

Andy Perrin wrote:Mr moderators of this board, a member of my family is on a picture which is on this thread relating to banning supporters who our suggested as racist, can you please remove it and explain to the guy who put it on it’s not acceptable, unless he wants to start a personal war !

Quite right. out of order to post a group photo
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:32 am

Its ok starting a petition but unless the person starting it can say it came from this person or the group have been identified then your on a sticky wicket i am afraid also no club officials or stewards have reported hearing anything or identifying people if racist chanting was being heard. Were any complaints made on the night? Did tbe person making the complaint follow it up with the officials in the crowd. You cannot however come on to a message board post libel actions of posters of people who may have not even been at the game ! Now if u want more info i do work in this field of racism
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby PostmanPat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:48 am

Chimney wrote:
Andy Perrin wrote:Mr moderators of this board, a member of my family is on a picture which is on this thread relating to banning supporters who our suggested as racist, can you please remove it and explain to the guy who put it on it’s not acceptable, unless he wants to start a personal war !

Quite right. out of order to post a group photo

Agreed
PostmanPat
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:01 am

All I can gather from the Facebook group is we have racist and aggressive supporters, always looking for a 'fight' or want to 'talk to these snowflakes'. No wonder we have to kick off at 1pm for all local games.

Is it really that hard to go and watch football without singing EDL songs? I dont understand why you would want to do that. You dont see others singing about Corbyn. Leave your ridiculous, made up, idiotic political beliefs at home please.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:10 am

Now stagsfan6493 wants to control and tell peope what they should or should not say. Ok if the person wants to shout racist chants only the law can intervene not me or you. We may not like it bit if no action is taken then i am afraid there is little you can do it does not make it right but i can go to many grounds up and down this country and hear racist chanting i even hear it at times on tv during a live game . Unless you want censorship then we can do very little until authorities making a stand
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Grendon Stag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:30 am

stagsfan6493 wrote:All I can gather from the Facebook group is we have racist and aggressive supporters, always looking for a 'fight' or want to 'talk to these snowflakes'. No wonder we have to kick off at 1pm for all local games.

Is it really that hard to go and watch football without singing EDL songs? I dont understand why you would want to do that. You dont see others singing about Corbyn. Leave your ridiculous, made up, idiotic political beliefs at home please.

In 40 years of following the club home and away I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've heard this and mostly at 1 ground, Luton. You make out as if it's a common occurrence.
Grendon Stag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:44 am

Binghamstag wrote:Now stagsfan6493 wants to control and tell peope what they should or should not say. Ok if the person wants to shout racist chants only the law can intervene not me or you. We may not like it bit if no action is taken then i am afraid there is little you can do it does not make it right but i can go to many grounds up and down this country and hear racist chanting i even hear it at times on tv during a live game . Unless you want censorship then we can do very little until authorities making a stand

I said I don’t understand why people chant it at a football game - admittedly maybe the last bit of my post was not required.

If they want to chant that sort of stuff, I imagine they can go to rally’s/events regarding it.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:49 am

No worries. Like grendon stag said we hardly ever hear chanting of the racist kind at our club. MTFC do a good job on racist issues
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby ParisStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:19 am

Grendon Stag wrote:
stagsfan6493 wrote:All I can gather from the Facebook group is we have racist and aggressive supporters, always looking for a 'fight' or want to 'talk to these snowflakes'. No wonder we have to kick off at 1pm for all local games.

In 40 years of following the club home and away I can count on 1 hand the number of times I've heard this and mostly at 1 ground, Luton. You make out as if it's a common occurrence.

Well you haven't been listening then. I've heard it plenty of times over the years.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:22 am

Jimstag wrote:
stagmanrob wrote:JP.

Balls to him. Needs naming and shaming for all to see.

If it’s the same one the link below reads as if he’s already banned for life!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nott ... 599078.stm

Don't think so. I've seen him at home games. He's well known in Nottingham. A mate of mine who goes home and away with County says his contacts at Forest reckon this guy hangs around with their 'lads' and isn't properly accepted. He thinks he's hard, but never gets stuck in.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum