{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cumbrians Scorefred sponsored by Do A 3 Point Turn

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Cumbrians Scorefred sponsored by Do A 3 Point Turn

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:04 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:22 pm

abc wrote:
Warsop Stag wrote:Khan was outstanding, especially 2nd half, but Bish was a worthy MoM.

I thought Khan was awful, apart from one run it was like having ten men on the pitch.

Really ? Where you at the game ?

Khan played well, although Bishop was quite rightly given man of the match. As said above Khan made some good chances. My only criticism was the woeful finishing, with Davies, Rose and Walker all culpable. We've got to start converting chances, but at least we are creating them.

Great save by Bobby late on.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:24 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:

Good on ya Hayden. Great to have him back in the side today.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Re: Cumbrians Scorefred sponsored by Do A 3 Point Turni

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:29 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:would love to know if there is anything in the loan agreement from Florest that Walker has to play every game?

At least he scored, no one else did.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:31 pm

Pretty respectable performance if nothing more against a side that came and offered precisely nothing. One of the poorer Carlisle sides I’ve seen over the years.

If we could finish we’d be dangerous. Bossed the game from start to finish and bobby had little to do in goal.

Pleased for flitcroft and the players they won, as could have started to look dodgy had they not.
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:32 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:would love to know if there is anything in the loan agreement from Florest that Walker has to play every game?

It’s been bantered about he has to start/play 70 minutes a game.

How true that is remains to be seen
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:34 pm

God you're a gimp.

He's the best striker at the club. He's still finding his feet here and needs persevering with. He also needs to be playing regularly with the other best striker at the club that flipflop put on the bench today because rose had a decent 20 minutes at west brom. shocking management.
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby die hirsche » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:34 pm

adamstag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

It’s been bantered about he has to start/play 70 minutes a game.

How true that is remains to be seen

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i would prefer not to.
die hirsche
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:36 pm

die hirsche wrote:

God you're a gimp.

He's the best striker at the club. He's still finding his feet here and needs persevering with. He also needs to be playing regularly with the other best striker at the club that flipflop put on the bench today because rose had a decent 20 minutes at west brom. shocking management.

Yorkie is famed for his tolerance and incredible powers of patience.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:39 pm

I think what those who arnt impressed with Walker are missing is, that he links up play.

He is a more gifted player than any of our other strikers, and will go on to play at a higher level.

By saying that I'm not putting down Davies or Rose who are both decent finishers. Having said that all three missed easy chances today.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby adamstag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:44 pm

Walker was alright today. Didn’t do much wrong, didn’t do much right either.

His movement off the ball is certainly an impressive feature and he’s got a lot to learn, as does everyone his age.

Personally would have started rose and and Davies before before tje game stared, but Davies didn’t exactly set the world on fire when he came on
adamstag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:44 pm

With Walker you've got to get the ball to his feet. He's not going to run away from anyone, he's not brilliant in the air but he keeps the ball very well if you can get the ball to him.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:51 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sat Sep 01, 2018 6:58 pm

Football is all about opinions.

Lucky, yes, the defending in the last 15-20 was haphazard at best, awful at its worst.

My opinion, as good as anyone elses.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby julianshatnasty » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:12 pm

:lol:
ST4GS wrote:I thought it was grounding day again but phew. We need to work on fini

Easily the best post in a while. Funny man.
julianshatnasty
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Im not the real OND » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:23 pm

Family commitments have meant that this was my first league game this season so it was interesting to see how they shaped up against what I've been reading.

I like Walker. He knows when to drop a get the ball off the midfield. He linked the play well. He did miss a sitter but he was our most effective striker today.

When we get the ball down, we can open teams up at will. The challenge is to keep playing after things aren't going out way. All too often we went from back to front in one ball, which played into their Centre halves hands (heads).

I thought we were open at the back. The three Centre halves are big physical units but none of them look comfortable being dragged out from the middle. Of the three, only Pearce is comfortable on the ball, although Sweeney was much improved second half.

I'm not sure CJ is a wing back. They targeted him today and got a lot of joy in the left back area. Benning is a better fit for me. I just don't know how to get CJ into the formation because going forward he was excellent.

Drysdale is a prat.

Bish is a proper midfielder. We've lacked someone like him for many a year.

Macdonald looks much better when he keeps things simple. There may be a midfielder in there if he keeps working with Flitcroft.
The Stags are for life, not just for cup finals. (or Liverpool).
Im not the real OND
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:26 pm

Im not the real OND wrote:Family commitments have meant that this was my first league game this season so it was interesting to see how they shaped up against what I've been reading.

I like Walker. He knows when to drop a get the ball off the midfield. He linked the play well. He did miss a sitter but he was our most effective striker today.

When we get the ball down, we can open teams up at will. The challenge is to keep playing after things aren't going out way. All too often we went from back to front in one ball, which played into their Centre halves hands (heads).

I thought we were open at the back. The three Centre halves are big physical units but none of them look comfortable being dragged out from the middle. Of the three, only Pearce is comfortable on the ball, although Sweeney was much improved second half.

I'm not sure CJ is a wing back. They targeted him today and got a lot of joy in the left back area. Benning is a better fit for me. I just don't know how to get CJ into the formation because going forward he was excellent.

Drysdale is a prat.

Bish is a proper midfielder. We've lacked someone like him for many a year.

Macdonald looks much better when he keeps things simple. There may be a midfielder in there if he keeps working with Flitcroft.

I think instead of two strikers we could try two tens like we did v Accy and in pre-season. Use Khan and CJ as the tens, especially away from home.

Also interesting today that Pearce played as the central of the 3CB's despite, Preston playing there when available so far.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:48 pm

Sheridan seems honest enough

Right about Drysdale, he’s an idiot but fortunately was consistently rubbish for both sides
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Forever Optimistic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:31 pm

Best thing Sheridan did today was his laugh and look up when someone from P Block shouted "Disgrace Sheridan, you're lot fall faster than the raspberry spirites". Saw the joke and accepted it :lol: :lol: :lol:
Fatty played us good and proper
Forever Optimistic
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sneag » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:41 pm

oldweststander wrote:Football is all about opinions.

Lucky, yes, the defending in the last 15-20 was haphazard at best, awful at its worst.

My opinion, as good as anyone elses.

You defend from the front, and they had 2 attempts on goal in the whole game so it can't have been that awful.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:45 pm

I like Drysdale, he gave us the winning penalty ;)
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:53 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:I like Drysdale, he gave us the winning penalty ;)

What about the two he didn't give us ?

I find him very inconsistent.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:58 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:I like Drysdale, he gave us the winning penalty ;)

What about the two he didn't give us ?

I find him very inconsistent.

Carlisle looked like they had a case for a penalty first half, surprised he didn't give it
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Neal Bishop played well on Tuesday night and he had another good game today. He gets his foot in and breaks up attacks and then gets us going on the front foot again. I thought Alex MacDonald also played well alongside him with his ratting and pressing until the last 5/10 minutes when we started panicking a little and giving the ball away unnecessarily.

Our defence looked a little shaky at the end but to be fair they kept a clean sheet and restricted Carlisle to one header at the end which Bobby Olejnik brilliantly saved. On the other hand, we created six or seven great chances and it was poor finishing that let us down.

A very well deserved three points. It would have been daylight robbery if Carlisle had equalized. A Carlisle official correctly said to me after the game that he would have had no complaints if they had lost 4-0.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:46 pm

The report from Jon Colman of The Carlisle News and Star. He says "Full-time at Mansfield, and it's a 1-0 defeat for Carlisle, although it should have been more." Another Carlisle fan states "17 shots against 2."

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/carlisle-u ... 1b7b483-ds
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum