{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Are we better or worse?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Are we better or worse?

Postby Gruff » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:37 pm

We want better quality football. We want to win every match. We want at least 2 x 20 goals a season strikers. We want to keep a clean sheet in every game. We want no mistakes. We want a squad on low wages. We want undisputed loyalty from all players. We want Chesterfield, Notts County and Peterborough to lose every game. We want them all relegated. We want to win the league with a world record points\goals total. We want the North Stand back. We want a good score board. We want the old clock back. We want cheaper admission\pies. We want better stewards\toilets.
Nothing else is acceptable (apparently)...
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Suttonian » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:52 pm

Gruff wrote:We want better quality football. We want to win every match. We want at least 2 x 20 goals a season strikers. We want to keep a clean sheet in every game. We want no mistakes. We want a squad on low wages. We want undisputed loyalty from all players. We want Chesterfield, Notts County and Peterborough to lose every game. We want them all relegated. We want to win the league with a world record points\goals total. We want the North Stand back. We want a good score board. We want the old clock back. We want cheaper admission\pies. We want better stewards\toilets.

You forgot Bishop Street stand
Suttonian
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:55 pm

Gruff wrote:We want better quality football. We want to win every match. We want at least 2 x 20 goals a season strikers. We want to keep a clean sheet in every game. We want no mistakes. We want a squad on low wages. We want undisputed loyalty from all players. We want Chesterfield, Notts County and Peterborough to lose every game. We want them all relegated. We want to win the league with a world record points\goals total. We want the North Stand back. We want a good score board. We want the old clock back. We want cheaper admission\pies. We want better stewards\toilets.

bang on gruff. there's no pleasing some folk
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:00 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Or maybe folk just dont want to settle for bog standard and the bare minimum.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:07 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

we've been bog standard most seasons I've watched the stags apart from the promotion to league one with Lawrence etc and our conference winning year. We all want success, but it doesn't just happen overnight. It'll happen eventually with JR at the helm I believe but we won't get anywhere if fans are always on the managers back.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:30 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
bobbystagsfan wrote:

we've been bog standard most seasons I've watched the stags apart from the promotion to league one with Lawrence etc and our conference winning year. We all want success, but it doesn't just happen overnight. It'll happen eventually with JR at the helm I believe but we won't get anywhere if fans are always on the managers back.
Spot on Bobby.
I do have sympathy for those who travel long distances only to see the team put in a poor performance.And everyone has their opinions. What I can't understand is wanting the manager sacked after five league games and no defeats. Some just seem to hold a grudge against DF because from albeit a strong position we failed to go up last season. They seem to want him to fail, so they can say, told you so that he is a poor manager. How they can equate that with supporting the Stags I cannot understand. The good thing is the majority have acknowledge we are playing decent football this season.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:31 pm

No apparently about it, it’s what every one wants, and NOW. ;)
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:35 pm

WE WANT MORE POSTS LIKE THIS!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:57 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:

Sadly we both know that's not the case, AWC.

Their passion and goals are similar to most, just that if it doesn't happen like right this very minute they spit their rusks out. Everyone wants mostly the same thing, just that the happyclappers have countless examples of clubs screwing themselves over because time and patience weren't applied. Realists have few if any examples where knee jerk changes bore out success.

Maybe we should rename IG the Cow & Gate stand? ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:05 pm

Field Mill wrote:Better. It's very early days and I'm not sure we will score enough goals.forget Accy. That was their reserves, and way down their list of priorities for the season. It's marginal.Nolan has just had the boot at Notts with a better record than Flitcroft.
Here we go again. I wish folks would stop going back to last season.

It's this season that counts.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:58 pm

We were missing out two best distributors from the back in White and Preston, which is a big part of how we play. Also we had two away games in a few days for the first time this season. I'm willing to write it off as a bad day at the office at this early stage. It must be said though, against by far the worst team we have played so far, it was a really poor day to have an off day and miss the chance to pick up three points away from home.

It also wouldn't be so bad if we didn't keep throwing away leads to draw, rather than coming back to draw. Morale-sapping.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Terry Eccles Was God » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:33 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Field Mill wrote:Better. It's very early days and I'm not sure we will score enough goals.forget Accy. That was their reserves, and way down their list of priorities for the season. It's marginal.Nolan has just had the boot at Notts with a better record than Flitcroft.

The thread title are we better or worse invites a comparison between this and last season.

I was squarely in the far from convinced camp at the end of last season, Flitcroft failing to take us over the line almost beggared belief. Combined with the win ratio this season I can see why some people are still concerned.

However, on what I have witnessed this season I’m very optimistic. I think we have a good squad and the quality of the football has improved from what we were seeing last season with the Fatman. Flitcroft has added some quality, hopefully things will come together soon, the signs are good and we need to remember we are only 5 games into the season, it’s way too early to be pressing the panic button like at County.

If our less patient fans can just calm themselves and get behind the team, confidence will grow and we will see a side emerge this season which will be challenging for a promotion slot. IMHO.
Don't sell Terry Eccles
Terry Eccles Was God
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:01 am

Amber Andy wrote:

It’s the wrong thread for you then innit.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:03 am

Suttonian wrote:

You forgot Bishop Street stand

Jeez Suttonian, there's no pleasing some folk is there? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:56 am

Slightly better but missing prolific striker and chances going wasted.
It is early but after a bright start and the cup game we should have been pushing on in the league and our position in the table is as all the draws suggest.. mediocre but still hopeful.
Not that interested in the cup to be honest , best out and 3 points against Carlisle and aback to back league win to keep pace with the top 3 much much more important in my very humble view.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:27 am

Also can I add, all this hype about pressing games and high/ fitness energy, where and why did this all evaporate on Sat second half??
Beggers belief

Usual MTFC I suppose bury a long time bogey team 6 1 couple of steps forward and then series of dull draws 2 paces backwards.

Will put this one down to the bad day etc but we cant afford too many as otherwise we will slip into end of last season style with no real end product either way.
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:54 am

We are one defeat away from a lot of hard work to achieve what we want. We must start winning. I don`t think we would have been promoted last season, no matter what. Spencer is the worst striker I`ve seen. Potter might have added something.
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:22 am

I think we are marginally better. I would like to see DF and Dan Anderson sort their differences out and Andeson to come back into the fold. We lack any proper cover at right back.

The squad is 3 players short mainly because we are carry 2 crocks and Anderson has been frozen out.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:10 am

No way back for Anderson unless he eats massive amounts of humble pie and changes his attitude

Mind you we are paying his decent wages, so he needs to do the above and play or do one
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:41 am

Anderson's attitude during games seemed perfectly fine to me. Where ever he was asked to play he did it with minimal fuss. Never earth shattering but steady enough.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:47 am

Anderson looks like he’s done nothing wrong, everything points to a top pro.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:42 am

This team will get promoted.

There, I've said it.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:44 am

Agreed Conks - it's genuinely puzzling. I can only deduce Anderson let DF's tyres down, or hollowed out his fish fingers and filled them with dog doo.

Whatever it is seems pretty irreversible at the moment, but i don't see any reason to apportion blame if we don't know the reasons why
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Conker wrote:Anderson looks like he’s done nothing wrong, everything points to a top pro.

Oh dear
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby chip63 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:40 am

If our strikers scored every chance they wouldn't be playing for us.
Danny took a few of his last season and it looks like he won't be playing for us after Aug or Jan.
I'm hoping Danny stays and yes I think we are better than last season because we are not riding our luck we are being unlucky.
It will come I'm sure of it.

:coys:
chip63
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum