{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

This time last season

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: This time last season

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:36 am

Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:1 point short of a play off place wasn't it. 2 extra before the end of August is a good start. ;)

Look I'd have sacked DF in May, but JR didn't. This is a different season and what happened last year has to be viewed as largely irrelevant. Where it does have an impact is normally the natives (and JR) don't get restless until November if our form is indifferent, because of last years implosion I suspect the pitchforks and torches will be out by the end of September if the 1 win in 5 form continues.

So Stags fans don't usually get restless until November ...... I think not. As for pitchforks, they are already out with imbecilic calls already to change manager. Completely expected, still utterly ridiculous. Thankfully JR is not Hardy and will be patient, no matter how many hissy fits are played out on here.

I have not spotted one call for him to be sacked yet, so it must be a very very small crowd of pitchforks.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:45 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:the pressure is starting to build, let’s see what he & his squad are made of

The only pressure that’s building is on here from the likes of yourself and that makes it utterly irrelevant.

absolutely rubbish, should be more points in the bag, if people like you are happy knock yourself out, however other fans int

You just epitomise the foot stamping Verruca Salt attitude that is everything that is wrong with today’s society. You want everything now and if you don’t get it, you are outraged. No patience.

I would like us to have more points, obviously, but I don’t get the posse sorted out just because we drew a game.

Cool your tits, Hondo.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:55 am

bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:the pressure is starting to build, let’s see what he & his squad are made of

The only pressure that’s building is on here from the likes of yourself and that makes it utterly irrelevant.

absolutely rubbish, should be more points in the bag, if people like you are happy knock yourself out, however other fans int

You just epitomise the foot stamping Verruca Salt attitude that is everything that is wrong with today’s society. You want everything now and if you don’t get it, you are outraged. No patience.

I would like us to have more points, obviously, but I don’t get the posse sorted out just because we drew a game.

Cool your tits, Hondo.

fill ya boots super fan, just because some fans voice an opinion different to yours, learn to except it, or at least try ehh sparra ?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:04 pm

Jamie wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Why is the pressure starting to build?

It's only due to a few on here who expect us to win every game.

We are unbeaten.

Who gives a dam about being unbeaten. Would you sooner have 4 wins and 1 defeat be sat top 3 on 12 points, or be unbeaten with 7 points from 5 games and sat mid table...

I don't expect a win every week. I expect a decent points return based on the quality and investment in our sqaud. We have unquestionably a top 7 budget... If we didn't then expectations would be much lower.

He has 5 games to start racking up some points, then the pressure will really be on and he won't be able to ignore the fans anger.

Fact is Jamie, he's got points in every game we've played.

Of course we would like more wins. But it'll come. Patience is needed.
Last edited by Amber Andy on Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:05 pm

I’m not denying you an opinion. Im ridiculing it and commenting on your general attitude, which is intolerant and impatient.

There will be zero pressure from the Radfords towards Flitcroft. It’s August. Get a grip.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:12 pm

Conker wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Why is the pressure starting to build?

It's only due to a few on here who expect us to win every game.

We are unbeaten.

Get with it mate, pressure is definitely starting to build.
If we don’t beat Carlisle it will start (prematurely IMO) but pressure is certainly building.

The unbeaten thing is clutching at straws.

No it's not. It's the usual impatient souls on here. Dare I say the one's who still have issues with DF from last season.

We are no worse now than we were at this stage last season. Except we have a lucrative cup game coming up.

Time for some to have a bit of patience and expectations.

I'm sure where it counts everything is cool, calm and collected
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:47 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Don't think anyone is happy with our points total but educated football fans will see progress and better football.

We are unbeaten and that's a good starting point, keyboard warriors like yourself really make me laugh, why don't you actually encourage and get behind them, it always makes me think that you can't wait for us to fail so you can get your trigger fingers ready.

We have been in league 1 twice in 25+ years so let's be realistic about who we are and where we should be.

All in all we have played 6 games this season, won 2, drew 4, scored 13 conceded 5, it's hardly a disaster!!!
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:50 pm

Alwaysa5tag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Don't think anyone is happy with our points total but educated football fans will see progress and better football.

We are unbeaten and that's a good starting point, keyboard warriors like yourself really make me laugh, why don't you actually encourage and get behind them, it always makes me think that you can't wait for us to fail so you can get your trigger fingers ready.

We have been in league 1 twice in 25+ years so let's be realistic about who we are and where we should be.

All in all we have played 6 games this season, won 2, drew 4, scored 13 conceded 5, it's hardly a disaster!!!
I couldn't agree more with that. We are a league2 side , trying hard with enormous backing from JR to step up to league1. It's time people like Yorkshire Stag had a reality check.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:07 pm

Being concerned at our ability to actually win a football match is fair, but any sort of panic at this stage is ridiculous.

In September we have two really good L2 sides in Exeter and Northampton at home alongside Carlisle, and Cambridge and Crewe away that's when we will have a much better gauge on the situation.

I think Macclesfield and Tranmere would have been 6 points at home.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Alwaysa5tag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:14 pm

Conker wrote:Being concerned at our ability to actually win a football match is fair, but any sort of panic at this stage is ridiculous.

In September we have two really good L2 sides in Exeter and Northampton at home alongside Carlisle, and Cambridge and Crewe away that's when we will have a much better gauge on the situation.

I think Macclesfield and Tranmere would have been 6 points at home.

It's the age old adage, win your home games and draw away, on the basis of that, we are only a last minute goalkeeping mistake away from having that.

I remain positive and upbeat.
Alwaysa5tag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 5:15 pm

bellwhiff wrote:I’m not denying you an opinion. Im ridiculing it and commenting on your general attitude, which is intolerant and impatient.

There will be zero pressure from the Radfords towards Flitcroft. It’s August. Get a grip.

you carry on sucking up the draws buttercup, sorry if wanting us to win is impatient in your world, however i really don’t give a monkey what you think
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Binghamstag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:09 pm

Bloody hell yorkshire you have moaned all pre season from the cleaner to the chairman re MTFC maybe being a football fan is not your thing. The fact remains flitcroft has more points in the bag than Mr evans did at the same stage oh and also another round further in the cup but dont let the facts get in the way of a good moan
Binghamstag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby yorkstag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:19 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:

Cool your tits, Hondo.

fill ya boots super fan, just because some fans voice an opinion different to yours, learn to except it, or at least try ehh sparra ?

I try desperately not to post in response to your bile Yorkshire Stag but can’t. You whine to Darren and Martin when you think you’ve been wronged but then post ‘ knock yourself out’.

No one wants to draw games but I believe we will come good. All you do is post negativity when you should be supporting. No solutions or suggestions just whining

Cue ooh Darren ooh Marty .....
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:45 pm

Only under pressure from half-wits.

Most people can see the capability within the squad and anyone who has ever played in an 11 aside league team knows that it takes a while for relationships to build for players to be able to link up with instinct, esepcially playing in a new formation.

Give it time. Dont mention last season, its gone.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 6:56 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:

Only under pressure from half-wits.

Most people can see the capability within the squad and anyone who has ever played in an 11 aside league team knows that it takes a while for relationships to build for players to be able to link up with instinct, esepcially playing in a new formation.

Give it time. Dont mention last season, its gone.

Absolutely right, AWC
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:04 pm

Personally Confident we will get a win against Carlisle, and just hope we can follow it up throughout september.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:27 pm

August and Fred the Stag is sat in the corner staring blankly and teary-eyed in to the television as the league tables flash up. Fred's arms are folded purposely, he's ruddy faced and titty-lipped, the missus and kids are in the doghouse cos in the first three weeks of the season MTFC aren't top with fifteen points.

Fred's a two-hat.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:39 pm

3 wins in 17 but nevermind we play keep - ball well, I always thought winning was overrated.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Rob » Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:41 pm

Conker wrote:
Rob wrote:
Sneag wrote:1 point short of a play off place wasn't it. 2 extra before the end of August is a good start. ;)

Look I'd have sacked DF in May, but JR didn't. This is a different season and what happened last year has to be viewed as largely irrelevant. Where it does have an impact is normally the natives (and JR) don't get restless until November if our form is indifferent, because of last years implosion I suspect the pitchforks and torches will be out by the end of September if the 1 win in 5 form continues.

So Stags fans don't usually get restless until November ...... I think not. As for pitchforks, they are already out with imbecilic calls already to change manager. Completely expected, still utterly ridiculous. Thankfully JR is not Hardy and will be patient, no matter how many hissy fits are played out on here.

I have not spotted one call for him to be sacked yet, so it must be a very very small crowd of pitchforks.

Plenty of pitchforks on this thread alone, also a few comments like "if we stick with him we are in for a relegation battle" etc, etc. Just reading the score-thread is depressing enough!

Anyway, we have plenty of Fred's.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:30 pm

Conker wrote:Personally Confident we will get a win against Carlisle, and just hope we can follow it up throughout september.

Carlisle are doing well, won't be easy.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:32 pm

abc wrote:3 wins in 17 but nevermind we play keep - ball well, I always thought winning was overrated.

Just concentrate on this season abc and stop being a gloom merchant.

It's obvious you want rid of DF.

Who would you replace him with ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:45 pm

yorkstag wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

Cool your tits, Hondo.

I try desperately not to post in response to your bile Yorkshire Stag but can’t. You whine to Darren and Martin when you think you’ve been wronged but then post ‘ knock yourself out’.

No one wants to draw games but I believe we will come good. All you do is post negativity when you should be supporting. No solutions or suggestions just whining

Cue ooh Darren ooh Marty .....[/quote]

Yorky what is this ‘Cue ooh Darren ooh Marty’ line i’m really sorry if it’s a pop at me, as i don’t get it, when have i ever whined to them?, please feel free to ask them if you like !!!!!
You really are becoming a little ‘obsessed’ with me youth, i really don’t have to try desperately to reply to any of your posts normally :D

my reply was to the site bully nobody else and that’s only because that’s how he plays on here, please take a little time to reply
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Aug 26, 2018 9:52 pm

Hjeldefan wrote:Pressure is building because there is no sign at all of DF learning lessons. How many times have we drawn after leading now in his time in charge? It is utter madness. Yesterday a large part of why we dropped points, in my opinion, is that our tactics got figured out at half time and DF has no clue at all how to adjust accordingly. It is like he plans before the game 'right on 80mins I will sub X' and he does it regardless of how the game is going. His record is impossible to defend, and whilst I am against sacking a manager so early, he is extremely lucky to still be in the job as any bloke off the street could have engineered a similar win record to his.
You last comment about "any bloke off the street" would be insulating, if it wasn't so ludicrous.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:08 am

Conker wrote:Personally Confident we will get a win against Carlisle, and just hope we can follow it up throughout september.

Never am I confident of a win. I 'hope' we'll win but confidence more often than not with us turns round and kicks us in the balls.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:03 am

Hjeldefan wrote:Pressure is building because there is no sign at all of DF learning lessons. How many times have we drawn after leading now in his time in charge? It is utter madness. Yesterday a large part of why we dropped points, in my opinion, is that our tactics got figured out at half time and DF has no clue at all how to adjust accordingly. It is like he plans before the game 'right on 80mins I will sub X' and he does it regardless of how the game is going. His record is impossible to defend, and whilst I am against sacking a manager so early, he is extremely lucky to still be in the job as any bloke off the street could have engineered a similar win record to his.

Gawd, that's whiffier than what pours from the outfall pipe on skeggy beach :P

Of course managing is easy, because I got stags promoted on Football Manager :lol:

Evans had 40 or 50 games in charge where he'd learnt nothing, but we got going eventually. Can you explain why / how you know this won't happen for a manager who's had less games in charge, less transfer windows and less freed up budget?

If those factors are irrelevant, what's the differentiator between this season and last one?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum