{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

A bit of sad news

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: A bit of sad news

Postby part time pete » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Hi all just an update with further information of John’s funeral...all funeral cars are to drive by Mansfield Town Football club at 11am...all welcome to wave on with supporters and staff standing outside the grounds...then to arrive at Holy Cross church Langwith at 11:30am for the arranged service on Friday 14th..also John will be in the Townroe’s Chapel of Rest all day on Thursday this week for anyone how would like to visit.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:17 pm

RIP. Most of my family were married and buried at Holy Cross. Lovely church
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldnic » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:42 pm

Was not able to get today but I know the Stags family would not have let him down. My lad, a good friend of John will let me know later. RIP John.
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby stagmad » Fri Sep 14, 2018 4:34 pm

I went to johns funeral this morning he had a brilliant send off ,a little mix up with the music but that didn't matter on entry he wanted on the ball being played he didn't want hymes he wanted Amber and blue then when he left church mansfield majic was played,a good turnout
stagmad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby oldnic » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:46 pm

My daughter in law has texted me, she and my son went, I knew my son would be upset but she said it was so uplifting, Stags colours and songs. John would have been happy that his wishes have been observed. If you had met John you know why today was so Stag themed
oldnic
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby smulls » Fri Sep 14, 2018 5:47 pm

stagmad wrote:he didn't want hymes

:o :shock:
smulls
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum