{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

War of words erupts over Rose move

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

"One million per cent"

Postby Dp1976 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:27 pm

Has the gaffa thrown us a little cryptic clue over the knock back of the Peterborough bid for Danny and the valuation not being met "one million per cent"
Dp1976
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: War of words erupts over Rose move

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:35 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:I disagree with the "over to you Danny". He apologised to fans last night by holding his hands up, and he scored 78 seconds after coming on.

I want to see him coming on as sub on Saturday and scoring again. That's all I want. Do your talking on the pitch.

Also, I couldn't care less what Evans and Fry say.
John Radford already told us: “For the avoidance of doubt, the club will pursue with the football authorities any act designed to induce a breach of contract in order to facilitate the transfer of the player.” That should now be played out in private with the FA.

Martin that comment has nothing to do with Danny apologising to the fans - he has we move on together.

However you have a war of words between two clubs which only the player in between can clarify his version of events. Was he tapped up by Evans and crew or not? The answer could land either club in hot water but as you say should be dealt with privately by the FA.

Only Danny can set the story straight....be it in the public eye or not. Withdrawing his transfer request would also be another statement.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:46 pm

I hope we draw Peterborough in a Cup. It will be a cracker.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby five to three » Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Oh well let's hope we get Peterborough in the next round........ oh how no of course they didn'the get that far!!!!!!
five to three
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:20 pm

We will have to settle for meeting Posh at the Wonk in’t F A Cup
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Wed Aug 15, 2018 4:28 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:We will have to settle for meeting Posh at the Wonk in’t F A Cup

:D YES The total laughing stock coming here

when they come out for match the crowd can laugh and point at them :lol:

it would be hilarious

Then we can go on to the hard stuff :D
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:16 pm

Fry can't even get his facts right:-

I suspect Flitcroft is just covering his own backside after twice selling Rose in the past and now trying to sell him for a third time.”

Flitcroft has only sold him once, to us from Bury. Flitcroft didn't sell Rose at Barnsley, he was actually the person who bought him for Bury.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:30 pm

Big yella wrote:Fry can't even get his facts right:-

I suspect Flitcroft is just covering his own backside after twice selling Rose in the past and now trying to sell him for a third time.”

Flitcroft has only sold him once, to us from Bury. Flitcroft didn't sell Rose at Barnsley, he was actually the person who bought him for Bury.

He probably knows that, but he'll be using lies to try and get under DF's skin because Fry up didn't get what he wanted.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:06 pm

My mate was bought out of the Army by Fry at Barnet. The days of Flashman. He told me they were a couple of crooks. My mate went on to play for Posh and then Partick
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Strelleystag » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:40 pm

Think we need to draw a line and move on. Radford and MTFC are better than that and we should just sit tight in watching the Posh capitulate this season with those 3 scumbags at the helm.
Strelleystag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:00 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I hope we draw Peterborough in a Cup. It will be a cracker.

I don't, would cause too much trouble.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:05 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I hope we draw Peterborough in a Cup. It will be a cracker.

I don't, would cause too much trouble.

Would likely get sent off and have to sit with our fans :lol:

If he thought sitting with Grimsby fans went he got sent off was uncomfortable - i'm sure a few of ours would make him feel right at home :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby Dave Wayne » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:28 pm

Big yella wrote:Fry can't even get his facts right:-

Evans is no better with his '2 wins from 15' comment as Flitcroft was only here for 12 games last season. We got 12 points in those 12 games, just 2 less than he got from the same number of games at Peterborough, so what was Evans concentrating on ?
Dave Wayne
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:11 pm

I don’t know how anybody can stand that horrible fat runt he is odious to the core
Don’t hear many posh fans singing his praises much either
He suits Fry ups style well
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Wed Aug 15, 2018 10:34 pm

I think we should just be grateful Evans is no longer here and we have a fantastic owner and CEO.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Thu Aug 16, 2018 10:13 am

Agree Rob, what better owners and people in football to work for
They gave him the ALL the tools ..but poor workman blames etc and all that!!
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:41 am

Perhaps a little harsh on Evans, as he does have his uses - the arable lands around Peterborough become more-fertile with each new media soundbite :P

Anyhow, that's enough praising him for 1 day! ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:05 pm

Mr Grimsdale wrote:Evans saying DF should have concentrated on his job last season is just so Trumpesque,. distorting of the truth
Anyone with half a brain could see that we were limping into the final stage of the season, he knew it, and it accelerated his desire to leave.
The man is an absolute dung trumpet, and whilst for me DF is still in the phase of building credibility and I have reservations, I would rather have him than the other bloke.
As for DR well, he wants to go, that won't have changed, and a few claps to some of his adoring faithful after scoring won't change that for me. Its a job to them and nothing more.
Thanks Danny, you did ok, you asked to move, I'm sure you will get your wish next window......unless you want to explain why you asked to go? You ain't gonna do that though are you?

We'd hit form at the right time and would've gone up had Evans stayed so not sure how you come to that conclusion. I think we were probably in the highest position that we'd been in all season when he left. so hardly "limping into the final stage of the season"
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby Gruff » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:27 pm

Last season's failure to get to the play-off's has been filed away with
The FA Trophy Final vs Darlington
League 2 Playoff Final vs Huddersfield (incl Lawrence's penalty)
Losing to Wigan in FR on penalties.
Losing a play off match to Chesterfield by an embarrassing scoreline.

We didn't play well. We missed chances We conceded late/silly goals. We signed some duff players. We failed to capitalise on a good league position.

We move on...
Gruff
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:46 pm

Dan wrote:
Mr Grimsdale wrote:Evans saying DF should have concentrated on his job last season is just so Trumpesque,. distorting of the truth
Anyone with half a brain could see that we were limping into the final stage of the season, he knew it, and it accelerated his desire to leave.
The man is an absolute dung trumpet, and whilst for me DF is still in the phase of building credibility and I have reservations, I would rather have him than the other bloke.
As for DR well, he wants to go, that won't have changed, and a few claps to some of his adoring faithful after scoring won't change that for me. Its a job to them and nothing more.
Thanks Danny, you did ok, you asked to move, I'm sure you will get your wish next window......unless you want to explain why you asked to go? You ain't gonna do that though are you?

We'd hit form at the right time and would've gone up had Evans stayed so not sure how you come to that conclusion. I think we were probably in the highest position that we'd been in all season when he left. so hardly "limping into the final stage of the season"

It’s a common theme on here, people unable to use common sense in regards to Evans because he pissed off and left us.

Another one is he left due to the tough fixtures coming up, but our record against the top 7 was seriously good with him at the helm.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:50 pm

Dan wrote:

No one will ever know Dan.

He walked away, I'm not so sure he would have if he thought promotion was a certainty.

Could you really see him turning away from another promotion on his cv. ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Dan » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:29 pm

He went because he thought he would get Posh promoted thus becoming a Championship Manager the following season rather than a League One Manager (if we'd gone up). Plus he got tapped up by his local club who are 3 miles away from where he lives. It was a no brainer.
Dan
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:03 pm

Has anyone asked DF if Danny is coming off the TX list or not?, i don’t think i’ve read it anywhere
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:04 pm

Wouldve been said today if he was.

I think he is still in the shop window with a price tag that needs to matched.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:08 pm

His decision to withdraw the request, not the clubs.
Would like him to stay as I think it more or less completes the squad. If he goes lets hope DF has something lined up as it leaves us light. OSJ played well when he came on, but hes not a striker.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum