{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Yeovil scorefred sponsored by Secure our 1st away win

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Yeovil scorefred sponsored by Secure our 1st away win

Postby yorkstag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:36 pm

BBC news
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:38 pm

yorkstag wrote:BBC news

?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:23 pm

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:
Chimney wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Agreeing with me about a poor attacking bench Darren, get ya tin hat ready youth how dare you have an opinion

But neither of you were at the game?

No but Tippy says he has watched the full game on Ifollow . To me that means he probably has had a better view than most will have had who attended the game.

I know that Darren watches a lot of football and I respect his opinion which is normally balanced and fair.

He's not saying that it was a bad performance just not as good as some would have us believe. It's early doors and no team will be firing on all cylinders yet so nothing to panick about. It is however a useful insight as to things are progressing and may be a pointer as to how the team will evolve over the season.

I share the worry that we are a bit light up front but don't forget we have until the end of August to get a loanee in and the window opens again in January. No-one gains promotion or gets relegated in August so no need to tear each other apart at this stage so let's see how it develops.

Except on this occasion he is biased as he is almost desperate for DF to fail.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:54 pm

I'm not Craig. I want DF to succeed but I have doubts about him based on the last 12 games of last season..... but then again I have had a few doubts about most managers :lol:

DF has started with a clean slate. The proof of the pudding is now in the eating. We've made a decent start.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 13, 2018 2:59 pm

So stop digging and sniping then.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:07 pm

FGS it’s his opinion just because it’s different to yours dosent mean he cannot voice it !

back off it’s a discussion forum last time i checked

love live the the Retford one lol
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:13 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm not Craig. I want DF to succeed but I have doubts about him based on the last 12 games of last season..... but then again I have had a few doubts about most managers :lol:

DF has started with a clean slate. The proof of the pudding is now in the eating. We've made a decent start.

A clean slate, he has been forced into using players he just doesn't want all because fat boy paid well over the odds for what turned out to be average players. You have said a manager lives and dies by his signings, well DF is having to live of die with fattys cast offs. The only two players he has been back for were Adam Murray purchases.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:04 pm

Big yella wrote:
Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I'm not Craig. I want DF to succeed but I have doubts about him based on the last 12 games of last season..... but then again I have had a few doubts about most managers :lol:

A clean slate, he has been forced into using players he just doesn't want all because fat boy paid well over the odds for what turned out to be average players. You have said a manager lives and dies by his signings, well DF is having to live of die with fattys cast offs. The only two players he has been back for were Adam Murray purchases.

I think a lot of these players Evans signed were accomplished in most cases the league above, now I don't think Evans got the best out of them quite frankly, even if we did achieve automatic promotion which was likely before he sold us out.

Anyway, DF has plenty of quality in his squad (including the likes of Logan, Mellis, Macdonald, Mirfin, Diamond, Anderson) that Evans signed and are more than capable of being in a promotion chasing L2 squad.

I do understand that JR has found it impossible to back him the same due to already having many players signed on hefty contracts, but it's down to Flitcroft to get the best out of what is clearly one of the best squads in the league, let's not forget he's still been able to make some expensive signings including allegedly the best paid player in the league in Tyler Walker.

And just before anybody gets mardy, I think Flitcroft signings although smaller in number have been much more sensible, Steve Evans clearly did not get the balance correct last summer.
:coys:
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Mon Aug 13, 2018 4:30 pm

:)

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum