{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Stamford v Mansfield Town U23s

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Stamford v Mansfield Town U23s

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:49 pm

Paul Anderson and Lee Angol are playing for the Stags.

MANSFIELD TOWN

Jordan Beeney

Paul Anderson, Aiden Walker, Lewis Gibbens, Jordan Wells

Harry Bircumshaw, Keaton Ward, Cameron Healey, Jason Law

Jordan Graham, Lee Angol

Subs: Zayn Hakeem, Kane Baldwin, Tom Fielding, Sam Wilson, Cameron Jones, Iyrnah Gooden

Paul Anderson went close for the Stags early on but then Chris Salt (ex Clipstone, Staveley, Gainsborough) headed in a cross in the 11th minute to give Stamford the lead.

HT: 1-0
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Re: Stamford v Mansfield Town U23s

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Kane Baldwin replaced Jordan Wells and Tom Fielding replaced Harry Bircumshaw at half time.

Sam Grouse made it 2-0 to Stamford just after half time.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:00 pm

Bradley Fornam Tomlinson makes it 3-0 to The Daniels from the penalty spot.

Sam Wilson replaces Jordan Beeney in goal.

Jon Challinor, Player Coach, comes on for Stamford.
Last edited by Tippy Tappy Football on Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:24 pm

FT: Stamford 3 Mansfield Town U23s 0

A very disappointing performance by the Stags.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:04 am

I don't think we will be contenders for automatic promotion if we have Lee Angol and Jordan Graham as our 3rd and 4th choice strikers based on this performance. Stamford dealt comfortably with our attacks all evening and our shots from distance were off target. I was more impressed with Stamford's No 9. Lee Angol did not really look interested and had zero impact on the game. He was first off the pitch at the end. Paul Anderson did put a shift in at right back and can still be a useful player if the differences between David Flitcroft and him can be resolved. He looked like he was getting close to full fitness.

I was surprised we did not give Zayn Hakeem a run out in the 2nd half as he has been looking sharp in other pre-season games.

Good to bump into Spiriteater at the match.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:03 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:I don't think we will be contenders for automatic promotion if we have Lee Angol and Jordan Graham as our 3rd and 4th choice strikers based on this performance. Stamford dealt comfortably with our attacks all evening and our shots from distance were off target. I was more impressed with Stamford's No 9. Lee Angol did not really look interested and had zero impact on the game. He was first off the pitch at the end. Paul Anderson did put a shift in at right back and can still be a useful player if the differences between David Flitcroft and him can be resolved. He looked like he was getting close to full fitness.

I was surprised we did not give Zayn Hakeem a run out in the 2nd half as he has been looking sharp in other pre-season games.

Good to bump into Spiriteater at the match.

Darren, they had Anderson and a bunch of kids supplying them. Not much comparison really.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:17 am

Paul Anderson can deliver a decent cross though Sam :lol: I would rather have Kieran and Brad Wells (AFC Mansfield's strikers) attacking balls in the air than Lee Angol :)

Mansfield's forward line was poor last night against a Step 4 side. I'm worried that our possible lack of strength in depth up front may cost us in the long run if Danny Rose leaves.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:36 am

Then I'm glad you're not manager...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:45 am

Lee Angol's head is clearly all over the place at the moment. He did not look happy at all. We'll find out today or tomorrow what the future is going to bring for him.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:49 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Paul Anderson can deliver a decent cross though Sam :lol: I would rather have Kieran and Brad Wells (AFC Mansfield's strikers) attacking balls in the air than Lee Angol :)

Mansfield's forward line was poor last night against a Step 4 side. I'm worried that our possible lack of strength in depth up front may cost us in the long run if Danny Rose leaves.

Angol and Graham looked fine against Bradford Park Avenue when backed up by first team players.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:05 am

It only a friendly, some people take them so seriously :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:29 am

Don't be daft pal Angol and Graham are clearly not good enough as they failed to score against Stamford.
Ship em out DF
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum