{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Digby to Forest Green

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Digby to Forest Green

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:46 am

Not too fussed about this.

There is possibly a good player in there, but as I have said before, he looks to me like that ultimate pre-season player. Looks a world beater when no pressure is no but in the nitty-gritty he folds.

Bobby Hassell mentioned him in the Mansfield Matters podcast, saying when he was at Barnsley he looked a top player, but he picked up an injury and has never been able to get around the pitch the same since.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:55 am

Same story as Mitch Rose... "Good player there somewhere" "never given a full chance" 'thought he could do a job there"

Who would have him as first choice centre mid? He had one good game there against Lincoln and that was it.... Move on and wish him the best, he'll be alright in a lower table team.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:07 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Same story as Mitch Rose... "Good player there somewhere" "never given a full chance" 'thought he could do a job there"

Who would have him as first choice centre mid? He had one good game there against Lincoln and that was it.... Move on and wish him the best, he'll be alright in a lower table team.

I was reading this thread and made the same comparison as you did and was about to comment the same as you.

I said the same when Mitch Rose left (what you quoted) but hasn't pulled up any trees since.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:11 pm

gazza1988 wrote:
Sedgwick wrote:Same story as Mitch Rose... "Good player there somewhere" "never given a full chance" 'thought he could do a job there"

I was reading this thread and made the same comparison as you did and was about to comment the same as you.

I said the same when Mitch Rose left (what you quoted) but hasn't pulled up any trees since.

I dunno, Mitch Rose had a decent season last year. A lot were pens but he scored 8 goals in a poor side, and I doubt they'd have stayed up without him. Think he may have even won player of the month.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:42 am

Mitch Rose was nominated by the Grimsby fanzine, Cod Almighty, in the Football 2019 season review as their most underrated player with the following description:

"Mad Mitch Rose who couldn't trap a donkey's yawn when tasked with Slade's hoofers but blossomed with masterful direction from Jolley."

He scored a good goal against us at Blundell Park as well which proved to be another crucial two points dropped.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby 1970Stag » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:15 am

Digby looked useful, but also looked like a rabbit in headlights at times, to go from Ipswich to Forest Green in two seasons says it all really.
1970Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:17 am

At least he'll get to wear that pathetic new kit with the three stars on the back. One gold to denote their conference play-off final win, the other two blacked out to display their ambition to gain another two promotions and reach the Championship. Talk about tinpot.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum