{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:54 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:DF is looking forward to meeting Rose and his representative on Monday to try and resolve the situation.

JR refused to sell, because his valuation of Rose was not met.

& rightly so, lard arse was just trying his luck, JR will not get bit twice

Quite right.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:53 pm

Rose can kiss my hairy ringpiece
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:56 pm

Chimney wrote:Rose can kiss my hairy ringpiece

I couldn’t possibly be sure, but I reckon that ain’t gonna happen.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:28 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:17 pm

Beano wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:I agree. He's gone from hero to zero.

It appears he's let the "walk away manager" turn his head.

The almost Green like worship he got seems misplaced now.

He's been the poster boy for The Stags, given a very good contract and been treated well by the fans.

But now he doesn't want to play for us.

Best to concentrate on those who do want to play for us.

:good_post:

I agree, well said Andy!
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:10 pm

I have just about moved on from the loss of Matt Green, but I still can't help thinking that neither Angol or Rose were (or even now are) as good as Matt Green.

I would still take Green over Angol or Rose as one of our three strikers alongside Davies & Walker. A very useful player to bring on after 60mins.
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:46 pm

Or start...
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:53 am

Rosey needs to withdraw his transfer request, pull his socks up and get in the team. He's been badly advised by a dubious bunch of scrotes.

He has the privilege of a two year contract - which he earned by the way. It's time to buckle down again and get his work done in our jersey until someone wants to pay what Lord Radders thinks he's worth.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:11 am

In a nut shell Doomy, that sums up my feelings too.

It is now up to Danny Rose.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:24 am

Agree 100%

time to let the prodigal son return and do what he does best

balls in your court Danny lad
Last edited by yorkshire stag on Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 am

:) Yes would be interesting if he withdrew request .
That would put the ball in DF court to how he sees Danny back in the squad.
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby Kernow » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:27 am

Let him go, rumour is that we have better to come in when the situation is resolved.
Kernow
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:45 am

Kernow wrote:Let him go, rumour is that we have better to come in when the situation is resolved.

Until rumour is fact, I'd rather get him back in the squad.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:07 pm

He’s made his bed and he can lay in it. Rather apt as he is always on his back on the pitch. Time to ditch the traitor
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:08 pm

Danny Rose had his head turned and was prompted to force a move away as he knows he is not first choice anymore.
DF has set a team up that is not suitable to DR being its main striker and both are aware that if he moves on his wages and fee can be utilised in a better suited replacement.
Thank you DR for last season but if we need goals from throughout the team your play is better suited elsewhere....and to be fair you were never a 20-25 goals a season striker

The king is dead, long live the king
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:22 pm

Chimney wrote:He’s made his bed and he can lay in it. Rather apt as he is always on his back on the pitch. Time to ditch the traitor

Couldn’t agree more. Disloyalty in the extreme. Jog on Rose
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:25 pm

No such thing as loyalty in football ,trying to further his career ,I would guess most would do the same in his position
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Oak Tree Stag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:35 pm

daddycool wrote:No such thing as loyalty in football ,trying to further his career ,I would guess most would do the same in his position

It's how you go about it that speaks volumes. JR would have sold without the transfer request (had the price have been right). Nobody is denying anyone a chance to further their career.
Oak Tree Stag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sun Aug 12, 2018 12:42 pm

Seems strange him putting a request in.
Did he know what had been offered and it was not enough.so by putting in a request he thought him and Peterborough were going to get there own way.

TOUGH
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:07 pm

Oak Tree Stag wrote:
daddycool wrote:No such thing as loyalty in football ,trying to further his career ,I would guess most would do the same in his position

It's how you go about it that speaks volumes. JR would have sold without the transfer request (had the price have been right). Nobody is denying anyone a chance to further their career.

This. It’s the way not the fact.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:51 pm

Is it still the case that when a player is transferred without requesting a move that he/she gets a slice of the fee but if a transfer request is put in and accepted they do not get their cut?
Scenario being, if JR rejected the Posh's original offer because it was short of a few £Ks, Rose putting in a transfer request would then allow JR to keep more of what was being offered which would effectively be increasing the bid without the Posh paying out more money. Just a thought.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:08 pm

STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Seems strange him putting a request in.
Did he know what had been offered and it was not enough.so by putting in a request he thought him and Peterborough were going to get there own way.

TOUGH

Having listened to DF last night it seems like that might have been the case. Danny probably thought that if he tried to force the issue by putting in a transfer request that JR would sell for less to move an unhappy player out. He was wrong...

That said, it sounded also like DF said that Peterborough had told Danny they'd met the chairman's valuation and it was all happening. If that was true the only reason to then put the request in would be if he thought JR was still refusing to sell despite them meeting his valuation. Which doesn't add up. You wouldn't tell a club DR is worth X only to then reject an offer for that amount.

Rose has made a right mess of things. It's credit to JR that he's prepared to get nothing a keep him in the stands rather than pander to a sulky player or low offer. Not sure id do the same but it's his money and so long as we can get a striker in on loan if DF wants one then fair enough.

The slightly worrying bit for me was when JR said that CR would kill him if he sold DR. Surely she doesn't want to keep a player whose done this and caused such a problem.

Lots of mixed messages from everyone though. DF said recently that he didn't spend all pre season with DR to get him fit for someone else. But he also said he sold him at another club because he needs to be playing games not warming a bench. Well he isn't first choice here so surely the same applies? DF has made it sound like he wants him but perhaps also that he doesn't. Very confusing.

Rose has made a big mistake and one that now might effect his career. He has a chance this week to try and rebuild things and his relationship with the manager, chairman and fans. If he plays it right, apologies publicly and pledges to give his all for us then great. Anything less and I think having him anywhere near our squad would be a mistake.

Over to you Danny.
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 3:14 pm

Jamie wrote:
STAGS FOR LIFE wrote:Seems strange him putting a request in.

TOUGH

Having listened to DF last night it seems like that might have been the case. Danny probably thought that if he tried to force the issue by putting in a transfer request that JR would sell for less to move an unhappy player out. He was wrong...

That said, it sounded also like DF said that Peterborough had told Danny they'd met the chairman's valuation and it was all happening. If that was true the only reason to then put the request in would be if he thought JR was still refusing to sell despite them meeting his valuation. Which doesn't add up. You wouldn't tell a club DR is worth X only to then reject an offer for that amount.

Rose has made a right mess of things. It's credit to JR that he's prepared to get nothing a keep him in the stands rather than pander to a sulky player or low offer. Not sure id do the same but it's his money and so long as we can get a striker in on loan if DF wants one then fair enough.

The slightly worrying bit for me was when JR said that CR would kill him if he sold DR. Surely she doesn't want to keep a player whose done this and caused such a problem.

Lots of mixed messages from everyone though. DF said recently that he didn't spend all pre season with DR to get him fit for someone else. But he also said he sold him at another club because he needs to be playing games not warming a bench. Well he isn't first choice here so surely the same applies? DF has made it sound like he wants him but perhaps also that he doesn't. Very confusing.

Rose has made a big mistake and one that now might effect his career. He has a chance this week to try and rebuild things and his relationship with the manager, chairman and fans. If he plays it right, apologies publicly and pledges to give his all for us then great. Anything less and I think having him anywhere near our squad would be a mistake.

Over to you Danny.

Why not force him to have electro-therapy as well! :(
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Stag95 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:24 pm

Kernow wrote:Let him go, rumour is that we have better to come in when the situation is resolved.

What is the rumour?
Stag95
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:52 pm

Stag95 wrote:

What is the rumour?

nobody knows as per normal

cannot see us getting a better option than a fit motivated Danny Rose
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum