{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby Beano » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:37 pm

He doesn't want to play for MTFC

Or am I missing summat??
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:04 pm

I reckon Tuesdays press conf will put this thread out of it's misery one way or t'other.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:07 pm

Beano wrote:He doesn't want to play for MTFC

Or am I missing summat??

Nope. And many don’t want him in the shirt any more. He’s been caught chugging Fatty’s love pump.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:08 pm

Kernow wrote:He is not match fit.

Mr Flitcroft said Danny Rose "was in the right frame of mind to come down for the yeovil game"
To me that says he considered taking DR down and that he may have been up for selection on the bench?
However DR did not travel to Yeovil instead agreeing to a meeting with DR and his representatives on Monday to discuss his future.
If DR was in right frame of mind before Yeovil then just maybe he could make the bench against Accy and make an appearance?
There has been no update from the club yet so we will see if his future still lies with the stags or not maybe by this time tomorrow?
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:12 pm

He's made his position very clear.
He wants to move.
He doesn't want to play for us.

I for one do not wish to see him in a Stags shirt again.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:28 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:He's made his position very clear.
He wants to move.
He doesn't want to play for us.

I for one do not wish to see him in a Stags shirt again.

Never said I did either. Flitcrofts words were "DR was directed in a certain way and manipulated into putting a transfer request in" and "This really is not DR and it was a surprise when it did come in" and "a lot of work went on behind the scenes to destabalise DR"
It sound like Flitcroft has a lot of sympathy with DRs situation not all of his own making.
At the end of the day the fans don't pick the players that end up on the teamsheet
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:30 pm

Conker wrote:Yeah because a front two of Graham and OSJ screams good enough to beat the L2 champions.

If Rose does return to the fray, some of you lot are just going to have to deal with it.

I hope he plays Davies and Walker.

But failing that the other two deserve a chance, especially in front of someone who doesn’t want to play for us any more.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:43 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:Yeah because a front two of Graham and OSJ screams good enough to beat the L2 champions.

If Rose does return to the fray, some of you lot are just going to have to deal with it.

But failing that the other two deserve a chance, especially in front of someone who doesn’t want to play for us any more.

How do we know Danny Rose does not want to play for the stags anymore? DR did not put it out there that "he was surplus to requirements" did he.
We will see soon enough how the land lies when Flitcroft either picks him again or he leaves on loan till a January permanent deal somewhere
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby part time pete » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:55 pm

As Rose is not training with the team, how can he be selected.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Mon Aug 13, 2018 9:59 pm

Flip Flop said he was meeting DR & his agent today to iron things out, therfore he will either be on his bike or will have signed the sorry book and on the bench for tomorrow nite ( hope so)
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:06 pm

We should force Danny to walk through the streets of Mansfield, carrying an amber & blue cross over his shoulder while the crowd boo and throw manure as he passes by :P

IMO, as long as Danny genuinely wants to win his place back in the side then I'd give him the chance. It doesn't mean he walks straight back in, but does mean he's on par with OSJ & JG IF he shows the effort in training.

Points is what we want this season, and I don't think many fans would really limit that just to prove their argument. If Danny has had a definite change of heart he deserves another chance. Anyone thinking otherwise clearly never got anything wrong or has a peak time travelcard to Hypocrisyville ;)
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:27 pm

Spiritater wrote:I reckon Tuesdays press conf will put this thread out of it's misery one way or t'other.

there won't be a press conf on the morning of a game. Next Flitcroft interview will be 10pm Tuesday.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:52 am

DogsDoDahs wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

How do we know Danny Rose does not want to play for the stags anymore? DR did not put it out there that "he was surplus to requirements" did he.
We will see soon enough how the land lies when Flitcroft either picks him again or he leaves on loan till a January permanent deal somewhere

I think the clue is that he put in a TRANSFER REQUEST.

Or do you think he did it for a bit of fun?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:29 am

Even if Danny was to stay he won't be playing tonight, he has had no pre season and hasn't even been training with the squad. IF he comes back into the squad it will be in a few weeks. Btw pretty sure I saw Jake Kean walking to training field with Bobby yesterday, must just be training with us to keep fit.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:52 am

Seeing as Danny Rose has had no pre season, would it not be reasonable to expect him to play a couple of under 23 games to get match fit before he rejoined the first team squad ?

Surely how he performed in those matches would give a good indication as to how committed to the club he is. If he gets stuck in then welcome back Danny, if not then his heart isn't with the club and he should go.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:09 am

lifestags wrote:Even if Danny was to stay he won't be playing tonight, he has had no pre season and hasn't even been training with the squad. IF he comes back into the squad it will be in a few weeks. Btw pretty sure I saw Jake Kean walking to training field with Bobby yesterday, must just be training with us to keep fit.

I see Jake as been released from Sheffield Wednesday , looks like he is just keeping fit here
STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby PRL13 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:34 am

All I`ve got to say is that Danny, firing on all cylinders, with the other players that we now have, would breathe fear into the opposition!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby oldweststander » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:38 am

The problem he has also reflects into any potential loan deal.

If he isn't match fit who will want him?
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:06 am

Jake Kean ummmmmmm didn’t most Bury & Swindon fans say the first thing he will do is change the goalkeeper when the season starts , now i’m sure it’s just coincidence before anyone jumps down my throat, however be interesting to observe.

Here’s to a win over Stanley for once tonight
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 am

Amber Andy wrote:
DogsDoDahs wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

I think the clue is that he put in a TRANSFER REQUEST.

Or do you think he did it for a bit of fun?

What if Rose has had a change of heart?

If so then doesn't he deserve a 2nd chance, Andy?
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:12 am

Change of heart ? More like he’s going to realise which side his bread is buttered.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby laneymtfc » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:20 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Jake Kean ummmmmmm didn’t most Bury & Swindon fans say the first thing he will do is change the goalkeeper when the season starts , now i’m sure it’s just coincidence before anyone jumps down my throat, however be interesting to observe.

id be happy with Jake Kean in net, i like Conrad, but why does he look like hes around 4 stone overweight?
laneymtfc
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby BH_Stag » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:37 am

laneymtfc wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Jake Kean ummmmmmm didn’t most Bury & Swindon fans say the first thing he will do is change the goalkeeper when the season starts , now i’m sure it’s just coincidence before anyone jumps down my throat, however be interesting to observe.

id be happy with Jake Kean in net, i like Conrad, but why does he look like hes around 4 stone overweight?

I’d be happy with Jake Kean. Logan is a decent keeper and does have some top games but I’d be more comfortable with Kean personally.

Maybe Olejnik wants a loan as he’s not had a look in?

Be interesting to see what happens with Rose tonight, imagine we’ll find out one way or another.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:45 am

Kean was awful for Grimsby last year

I'd pick Logan any day, best keeper we've had since Marriott
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:26 am