{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:49 pm

Conker wrote:Maybe it's a case of the club will like to sell if that obviously high valuation is met?

Not saying that is the case, but in situations in this there is always more than meets the eye.

DF has said this many times in interviews. I think this is the case as JR is trying to claw as much money back as he can from the failure of last season
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:55 pm

bobbystagsfan wrote:
Conker wrote:Maybe it's a case of the club will like to sell if that obviously high valuation is met?

Not saying that is the case, but in situations in this there is always more than meets the eye.

DF has said this many times in interviews. I think this is the case as JR is trying to claw as much money back as he can from the failure of last season

That does not make sense though, considering he still let DF make expensive signings this summer, I think it's more to do with the fact that no matter who the player, they all have a certain value and sometimes it's too good to turn down.

End of the day it's a business.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby S7AGS » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:32 pm

The problem we have with Danny is that if he goes for say 400k we’d need to spend at least that to replace him...he was poor last half of last season but as witnessed on Tues, he’s light years ahead of what else we have if motivated..

I’d tell him he’ll start if he stays to the end of the season (not sure how we’d police that in jan with fatman lurking!)

I’d tell him to stay and enhance his rep further to get himself a better move than p’boro
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby CassellsCap » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:35 pm

Can’t see Danny Rose going to coventry. They have got their striker they wanted .
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:37 pm

CassellsCap wrote:Can’t see Danny Rose going to coventry. They have got their striker they wanted .

Didn't he get injured ? Long term I think.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 5:42 pm

Coventry have signed Conor Chaplin ( a striker ) from Portsmouth.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Vice President » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:12 pm

I can't help thinking that some people are over-rating Danny Rose. £400k? Well why are clubs not prepared to pay our valuation? And how much did we get for Lee Angol? (i.e. a player with a similar strike ratio, and a track record in league one).

Danny Rose is a decent player, but compared to some of the strikers we have had before, he is yet to really prove himself. In my opinion he is not as good as Matt Green. (A proven goal scorer that the club wrongly discarded - as Lincoln can testify).

I said at the beginning of last season that Steve Evans failed to address our striker situation, and that we would not get promoted as a result. (McNulty would have changed all that). I feel a sense of deja-vu this season. ....... with or without Danny Rose.

Our striker situation, coupled with our defensive formation of 3 at the back could be our undoing this season.

That said, I like David Flitcroft - and I think that we will play some decent football under him. (I am just not expecting promotion this season, as things stand at the moment - I really hope that I am proved wrong).
Vice President
Manager
Manager

Postby Johnny H » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:19 pm

Rumour I heard today was that Notts Clownty will unveil at least 3 players tomorrow (along with Harry Kewell) ......one of which is a local striker ???
I really hope 2+2 adds upto 5 on this one !!
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby CassellsCap » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:32 pm

Wouldn’t be surprised if they don’t loan a Lincoln player.
CassellsCap
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby S7AGS » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:53 pm

If Rose goes to county on loan It would cause a meltdown....

Surely the Radfords would know that?
S7AGS
First Team
First Team

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:55 pm

they aint after strikers.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tawnystag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:56 pm

My missus is in Il Rosso now and Rose is in there with a number of the players. Complete speculation but maybe on a leaving drinks of some sort?
Tawnystag
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:57 pm

Tawnystag wrote:My missus is in Il Rosso now and Rose is in there with a number of the players. Complete speculation but maybe on a leaving drinks of some sort?

or just having a meal
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:58 pm

Tawnystag wrote:My missus is in Il Rosso now and Rose is in there with a number of the players. Complete speculation but maybe on a leaving drinks of some sort?

Get her to ask him, "can I buy you a drink as I hear your leaving tomorrow." See his reaction.

Who knows we'll find out in due course.
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:10 pm

[quote="Vice President"]I can't help thinking that some people are over-rating Danny Rose. £400k? Well why are clubs not prepared to pay our valuation? And how much did we get for Lee Angol? (i.e. a player with a similar strike ratio, and a track record in league one).

Danny Rose is a decent player, but compared to some of the strikers we have had before, he is yet to really prove himself. In my opinion he is not as good as Matt Green. (A proven goal scorer that the club wrongly discarded - as Lincoln can testify).

I said at the beginning of last season that Steve Evans failed to address our striker situation, and that we would not get promoted as a result. (McNulty would have changed all that). I feel a sense of deja-vu this season. ....... with or without Danny Rose.

Our striker situation, coupled with our defensive formation of 3 at the back could be our undoing this season.

That said, I like David Flitcroft - and I think that we will play some decent football under him. (I am just not expecting promotion this season, as things stand at the moment - I really hope that I am proved

Lincoln may well testify but they will also testify that lots of players scored more goals than Green last season including Hemmings and Rose .
Greens best period was in the Conference . Saying that , I wouldn't mind Green still being with us .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:13 pm

Green plays quite wide for Lincoln and does a fantastic job by all accounts.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Thu Aug 30, 2018 7:14 pm

Rose just got in a black cab with his bags packed and everyone stood outside and waved him off as the car drove up Notts road with Alan Hardy’s Play off half and half scarves hanging out the windows
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:31 pm

Richard Cranium wrote:Rose just got in a black cab with his bags packed and everyone stood outside and waved him off as the car drove up Notts road with Alan Hardy’s Play off half and half scarves hanging out the windows

Incontinent bull alert!
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:48 pm

Rose wouldn't go there would he?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:44 pm

arsene wengers coat wrote:Rose wouldn't go there would he?

can't see him going to county, they've already spunked loads on Dennis and hemmings , they are woeful at the back too.

if he does leave i really hope he doesn't go there :lol:
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:11 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:Would any of us stay knowing a much bigger club (possibly Coventry) want you, and for more wages? I think he does like it here, but this could set him up for life possibly, what a tough decision for the lad. I hope he stays but don’t begrudge him leaving for a bigger club and a better life!!!

There's no better life than playing football for Mansfield Town.
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:57 pm

Conker wrote:Green plays quite wide for Lincoln and does a fantastic job by all accounts.

Green plays central, but drifts wide to get balls into the channels, just like he did for us.

When they've played one up front (Akinde) and two attacking wingers, it's been Anderson and Andrade, with Green on the bench.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby tmwilson » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:06 am

If Rose goes l then I cant see us replacing him with someone as good . Any decent strikers will be snapped up . Somehow I can't see us telling a good striker to sit tight , hold on until the last minute just in case we let go of Rose .
The only way that's gping to happen is if deals are in progress and have been for days but even then , we know deals can go boobies up at the last minute
Personally I think if Rose leaves then we are up spirite creek without a paddle .
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Aug 31, 2018 6:45 am

tmwilson wrote:If Rose goes l then I cant see us replacing him with someone as good . Any decent strikers will be snapped up . Somehow I can't see us telling a good striker to sit tight , hold on until the last minute just in case we let go of Rose .
The only way that's gping to happen is if deals are in progress and have been for days but even then , we know deals can go boobies up at the last minute
Personally I think if Rose leaves then we are up spirite creek without a paddle .
DF will have it sorted. His signings have been good so far.

Can't see us landing up with a "Jimmy Spencer" if DR decides to leave us.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:35 am

The day of reckoning hath cometh
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum