{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Danny Rose

Postby Stafford » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:39 am

Yes. Folk are discussing it in the other Danny Rose thread...
First Stags game:

Stags 0 - 0 Exeter City
April 24, 1993
Stafford
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby adsstag » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:52 am

At Macclesfield, he gave his shirt to two young surporters who where holding a little banner asking for his shirt. It was a nice gesture.
I hope he stays but have a feeling he will go as he’s not requested to come of the list. Definitely need a replacement if he goes.
adsstag
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby tmwilson » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:09 am

I don't know how I feel about Dannys reaction . It could be it was his last game for us or that he was just thanking our fans for the support . It wasn't until we started singing his name that he came over .
I've said earlier in this thread that we havent many options up front so even if he's leaving , the club comes first and if Flitcroft thinks he could win us a league game or get us through last night's cup game , then he will bring him on , no matter what the situation .

Saying that , if some kind of deal has already bwen struck then would either party take a risk of him getting injured ?
tmwilson
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:06 am

I reckon he will start Saturday
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:29 am

Richard Cranium wrote:I reckon he will start Saturday
Probably. But for us ?
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:54 am

He changed the game completely when he came on but he still hasn't retracted his transfer request as far as I know so he still wants to leave our club.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby I am Spartacus » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:11 pm

I only KP last night was on the receiving end of the same amount of luck as our former striker, Lee Angol, had last Saturday.

Glad he scored but he still did the same amount of running prior to slotting home.
I am Spartacus
Manager
Manager

Postby Stags 2002 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:19 am

Had initially thought that Rose was off and that was his last game, maybe it's actually raw emotion that after everything that's happened his name is still sang on the terraces.

Hopefully he stays and it fires him up to pay back the faith we've shown in him.

Either that or he's genuinely off :lol:
Stags 2002
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:21 am

Press Conferemce this morning stated rhat he’s still on the list. That means he wants to go.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:31 am

My thoughts exactly Mr Whiff.
He still hasn't retracted his transfer request so he still wants to leave.
Loved by the fans or not.

I was hoping he would have asked to come of the list and we kept him but no such luck.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby stagsfan6493 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:52 am

Sounds like from DF’s latest interview it is in Danny’s hands to stay or leave.
stagsfan6493
Manager
Manager

Postby victor A block » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:57 am

So he's going to shaft us by leaving it to the last minute, leaving no time to replace him? Don't understand this Rose love in. He clearly doesn't want to be here.
victor A block
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:09 am

victor A block wrote:So he's going to shaft us by leaving it to the last minute, leaving no time to replace him? Don't understand this Rose love in. He clearly doesn't want to be here.

If he's trying to engineer a move, he should be left to rot in the reserves, but it doesn't work like that anymore. Him not playing or getting us a fee is no good to anyone, least of all MTFC. The fact is, money talks and he has all the power. He doesn't need to show any loyalty, but DF and JR do if they want him to either continue playing for us or get us a good fee.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:19 am

Would any of us stay knowing a much bigger club (possibly Coventry) want you, and for more wages? I think he does like it here, but this could set him up for life possibly, what a tough decision for the lad. I hope he stays but don’t begrudge him leaving for a bigger club and a better life!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:31 am

I begrudge the transfer request and the way he’s gone about it.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:40 am

bellwhiff wrote:Press Conferemce this morning stated rhat he’s still on the list. That means he wants to go.

Wrong, It just said theres been interest and DF hopes he doesn't go.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby DogsDoDahs » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:41 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:Would any of us stay knowing a much bigger club (possibly Coventry) want you, and for more wages? I think he does like it here, but this could set him up for life possibly, what a tough decision for the lad. I hope he stays but don’t begrudge him leaving for a bigger club and a better life!!!

Good point. When DR has come on as a sub he has made a huge impact either scoring with his first touch or hitting the post. He is a good pro who will only get better and would be difficult to replace at short notice. But will he be happy playing second fiddle to walker and just being an impact player? Dont think a move to Coventry is on because they will sign Conner Chaplin from Portsmouth. I hope he stays and i think its more likely he will because no one will meet JRs valuation of him. Wish he would ask to come off the transfer list before tomorrow just to show hes not trying to engineer a move because it would not prevent a transfer anyway if the right offer was put to JR.
:coys:
DogsDoDahs
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby bobbystagsfan » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:43 am

bellwhiff wrote:I begrudge the transfer request and the way he’s gone about it.

but the thing is this was always going to happen at some point so I don't understand why some seem so disgusted by his drcision. were a league two team and our players will always be pinched by bigger and better teams whether we like it or not. can't fault him for wanting to have a career at a better level and on better money.

at least he's actually trying to do something when he plays, a lot of other players would be complete mard arses if they were in the same situation.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:13 pm

victor A block wrote:So he's going to shaft us by leaving it to the last minute, leaving no time to replace him? Don't understand this Rose love in. He clearly doesn't want to be here.

I don't think DR has much say in when he goes, only the club buying him can potentially shaft us. If it was up to Danny i'd imagine he'd have been long gone.

I had hoped somehow he would have a change of heart, but after the WBA game it seems a certainty
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:21 pm

A decent agreed fee is the fairest we can hope for at this stage of the window. I’m sure DF has a couple of clubs/players ready to call if anything does go through. I’m also sure he’s hoping he doesn’t have to call them.
Jimstag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:23 pm

Sedgwick wrote:
bellwhiff wrote:Press Conferemce this morning stated rhat he’s still on the list. That means he wants to go.

Wrong, It just said theres been interest and DF hopes he doesn't go.

No. If he wanted to stay he’d ask to be taken off the list.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:29 pm

Let’s no paint over the cracks here, Rose clearly isn’t committed.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:32 pm

He’s always put everything he’s got when on the pitch so no complaints from me.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:39 pm

Surely we have to give Danny a deadline of some sort. There has to be a cut off point where the club can manoeuvre to some sort of benefit for themselves. It's no good Danny still wanting to leave and a club launching a bid at lunchtime tomorrow without us having room to negotiate with a replacement.

Even if a club comes in at the eleventh hour with a substantial bid, that's no good to Mansfield Town's promotion aspirations if Danny has dragged his heels and given us unnecessary drama right until the final minute.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:20 pm

Maybe it's a case of the club will like to sell if that obviously high valuation is met?

Not saying that is the case, but in situations in this there is always more than meets the eye.
Conker
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum