{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

bids for Rose and Angol

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: bids for Rose and Angol

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:11 am

It's all about balancing the budget.

We need another centre half. Unfortunately the gamble with Cameron didn't work out. It was worth a try.

It seems the budget won't allow us to sign one, unless one of the transfer listed players finds another club.

Failing that we have to sell an asset. If bids have come in for Angol and Rose, my guess is we will sell whoever gives us the best deal.

I'm sure the club would want to keep both, but the club have been forced into this situation because of the unrealistic contracts given under the previous manager's stewardship.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:12 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Chacawab wrote:Please can I remind others that Davies and Walker have only scored ONE more goal than Rose in pre-season!

These two plus a youth Teamer plus a lad who was loaned out last season are not enough for promotion.

Walker has not overly impressed so far and will need pressure from Rose to keep him sharp.

Walker is also on loan so we have no investment in him. Unless someone offers silly money for either Rose or Angol then we must say no thanks.

Agree, Davies and Walker are still an unknown quality. Davies has looked good, Walker has looked ok, lacking sharpness, showing a few 'Angol' traits early on, so to put all our stock behind those two would be worrying to me.

OSJ has not been mentioned because he's not a striker. Another smoke and mirrors trick played by Evans. He hasn't played a single minute as a striker in pre-season.

You had better tell Mansfield town he is not a striker as he is down as one on the team page of the website
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:14 am

Chimney wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Chacawab wrote:Please can I remind others that Davies and Walker have only scored ONE more goal than Rose in pre-season!

These two plus a youth Teamer plus a lad who was loaned out last season are not enough for promotion.

Walker has not overly impressed so far and will need pressure from Rose to keep him sharp.

Walker is also on loan so we have no investment in him. Unless someone offers silly money for either Rose or Angol then we must say no thanks.

Agree, Davies and Walker are still an unknown quality. Davies has looked good, Walker has looked ok, lacking sharpness, showing a few 'Angol' traits early on, so to put all our stock behind those two would be worrying to me.

OSJ has not been mentioned because he's not a striker. Another smoke and mirrors trick played by Evans. He hasn't played a single minute as a striker in pre-season.

You had better tell Mansfield town he is not a striker as he is down as one on the team page of the website

He is a striker, he was signed as a striker, he's just not really had much opportunity. He played up front last pre-season and was very impressive, he is very quick and showed this pre-season he can pick a pass too - it is players like him who need to be given an opportunity, this is why I would sell Angol and bring in a centre half. I think both OSJ and Graham would be excellent back-ups to Walker, Davies and Rose.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby PEAR CIDER » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:15 am

No walker has not scored many... He has impressed me with his movement and pace. there is a big difference. He has also been up against championship defenders. He will tear league2 defences
PEAR CIDER
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:19 am

Chimney wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

They also have Anderson down as a winger, and had Atkinson there all last season.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:20 am

Rob wrote:
Chimney wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

He is a striker, he was signed as a striker, he's just not really had much opportunity. He played up front last pre-season and was very impressive, he is very quick and showed this pre-season he can pick a pass too - it is players like him who need to be given an opportunity, this is why I would sell Angol and bring in a centre half. I think both OSJ and Graham would be excellent back-ups to Walker, Davies and Rose.

That's the first time I have agreed with the RAF since I was picked up of the floor in the Malcolm club at RAF Gutersloh pissed as a newt
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:21 am

Rob wrote:
Chimney wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

I know he was signed as a striker, hence what I said, but he's not one. He's a 10 or a winger, or even a wing back in Flitcroft's formation. Don't expect Flitcroft to play him as a striker.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:22 am

Chimney wrote:
Rob wrote:
Chimney wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

That's the first time I have agreed with the RAF since I was picked up of the floor in the Malcolm club at RAF Gutersloh pissed as a newt

The Malcolm club :lol: Happy days.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:30 am

MTFCMusings wrote:
Chimney wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

They also have Anderson down as a winger, and had Atkinson there all last season.

Atkinson has played a large part of his career on the wing.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:30 am

Apparently the Angol bid was from Charlton. They have just sold Magennis to Bolton. A League One chasing promotion to the Championship want to sign Sunday League player Lee Angol!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:31 am

abc wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:
Chimney wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:

Atkinson has played a large part of his career on the wing.

The point is, more recently he's a central midfielder. Just because they are listed as something on the website, doesn't mean they are.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby stag861 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:43 am

I thought Angol was poor last season. Too much show boating and not enough effort. I drew a line under that at the end of the season. However, of the three pre-season games I've seen (I missed Derby) he's not played in one and come on as sub in the other two to no great shakes. I think Martin's only comment was "looked lively". I've noticed that in the warm up he only messes around with other players rather than practicing shooting in. Seems strange for a striker.
Per crassum et tenues
stag861
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:49 am

Amber Andy wrote:It's all about balancing the budget.

We need another centre half. Unfortunately the gamble with Cameron didn't work out. It was worth a try.

It seems the budget won't allow us to sign one, unless one of the transfer listed players finds another club.

Failing that we have to sell an asset. If bids have come in for Angol and Rose, my guess is we will sell whoever gives us the best deal.

I'm sure the club would want to keep both, but the club have been forced into this situation because of the unrealistic contracts given under the previous manager's stewardship.

Sanctioned by the Chairman remember.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:51 am

Conker wrote:

Yes. He has learnt from it. Hence why we are having to sell.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Conker » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:53 am

Amber Andy wrote:
Conker wrote:

Yes. He has learnt from it. Hence why we are having to sell.

What by spending £150,000 odd on transfer fees and paying Walker apperantly somewhere between 4/5k p/w?

I’m not entirely convinced we have to sell quite honestly, think that’s been started on here only. Do we need to shift someone to bring in a defender? Yes but it does not have to be Rose or Angol for a fee.
Last edited by Conker on Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Conker
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:56 am

Charlton Athletic would be a great move for Lee Angol as he is a London Boy who started off his career at Tottenham. It might bring out the best in him being closer to home.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby The One » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:05 am

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:Charlton Athletic would be a great move for Lee Angol as he is a London Boy who started off his career at Tottenham. It might bring out the best in him being closer to home.

Why do you say Charlton TTF ?
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:10 am

Conker I have to agree on not being convinced we have to sell.

DF proved before he will be patient to get the right player and it may just be that again. I don't recall anyone from the club saying one has to go out before one comes in? I may be wrong?
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:11 am

It was mentioned by Sam above (Mansfield Musings).
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:16 am

The Pearce situation might force a hand. With Pearce we can just about get by defensively, with him, Preston and White as the back 3 and Digby and Gibbens as cover, and maybe a loanee. Without Pearce then we desperately need another established central defender as soon as possible.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:17 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Apparently the Angol bid was from Charlton. They have just sold Magennis to Bolton. A League One chasing promotion to the Championship want to sign Sunday League player Lee Angol!

Your joking right ? :lol:
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:22 am

I'll be genuinely surprised if DDR doesn't put a transfer request in soon.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Random Hero » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:25 am

Flitcroft in the press conference just now on Angol and Rose -

"We are now looking at getting as much money as we can for the players".

Note the plural. Seems they could both be on their way.
An der Elbe, werden Träume wahr
Random Hero
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:26 am

marker_mtfc95 wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Apparently the Angol bid was from Charlton. They have just sold Magennis to Bolton. A League One chasing promotion to the Championship want to sign Sunday League player Lee Angol!

Your joking right ? :lol:

Twitter rumour generated by one of these transfer accounts, so judge for yourself how true it is. Just reporting a rumour.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:30 am

Random Hero wrote:Flitcroft in the press conference just now on Angol and Rose -

"We are now looking at getting as much money as we can for the players".

Note the plural. Seems they could both be on their way.

Excellent news
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum