{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Radio?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Radio?

Postby bigalstag » Sat Jul 28, 2018 6:58 pm

Does anybody know what the radio coverage will be for the coming season?
Hope to god it's not Radio Delahunty, though I've got nothing against Jason and their presenters.
bigalstag
First Team
First Team

Re: Radio?

Postby spanishstag » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:15 pm

I follow its reasonable ,get me tin hat
spanishstag
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:11 pm

the club has already announced exclusive full match commentary for home and away matches will be on iFollow Stags, unchanged from last season.

Mansfield 103.2 and BBC Radio Nottingham will both be doing reports as per last season. The only change is that Radio Nottingham reports will be ONLY on DAB radio, and NOT on 95.5FM.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:31 am

Poor from all concerned. Unless you're prepared to fork out and pay for it there's nothing thanks to the shower on Woodhouse Rd.

However some'll still have the Run Chase to get excited over, with TDH at some cricketing hotspot like Cuckney :roll:

Sad, sad view on the importance of the club that 90mins once a fortnight isn't worth the airtime.

To rub salt into this ever reddening sore, we're not deemed worthy of a mention on 95.5FM anymore lest we interupt some waffle by Charlie Slater n Stallard during an injury break etc.

Dismal
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:51 am

Spiritater wrote:Poor from all concerned. Unless you're prepared to fork out and pay for it there's nothing thanks to the shower on Woodhouse Rd.

However some'll still have the Run Chase to get excited over, with TDH at some cricketing hotspot like Cuckney :roll:

Sad, sad view on the importance of the club that 90mins once a fortnight isn't worth the airtime.

To rub salt into this ever reddening sore, we're not deemed worthy of a mention on 95.5FM anymore lest we interupt some waffle by Charlie Slater n Stallard during an injury break etc.

Dismal

Don't you work for a company that provides a "service" that will cut a route in a heartbeat if it loses a penny on that said route. A company that withdraws it service to the further flung areas of our community after 6 o'clock, no matter how many vunerable, elderly or young people it may leave struggling or stranded.

I have an hour's walk to work all next week because your company fails to provide the service I need to get me there for 6am.

Maybe Stagecoach could replace and provide every service that everyone requires,no matter what the cost, and you could volunteer to take redundancy to help cover the extra cost?

Or, you could stop stamping your feet like your mate Yorkie on a "tick tock" rant and realise that there isn't enough of a market to provide a free service anymore.

I can't stand the Hasaloan ass kissing belmer that is Delakunty, but he has a business to run and if there isn't the listening numbers to provide the advertiser's he has every right to cut the service.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby Richard Cranium » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:00 am

I’d rather listen to the 3 day long song that Daryll puts on in the Dial than listen to 103.2
Richard Cranium
Manager
Manager

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:21 am

Spiritater wrote:Poor from all concerned. Unless you're prepared to fork out and pay for it there's nothing thanks to the shower on Woodhouse Rd.

Mark - I keep telling you to donate your mobile phone to Mansfield museum and buy a cheap android phone :lol: .You can then download the ifollow app which is great value at less than £1 per game.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:07 pm

What is an android phone?
What is cheap?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:33 pm

Sad that it has come to this really. When we were on the brink of a return to the Football League the local media was all over us. Nowadays we rarely warrant a mention at all. No idea what 103.2 are up to now as I switched off as soon as they withdrew coverage. I had hoped that Radio Florest would have taken a similar interest as they used to with their old medium wave coverage before the drop into oblivion in 2008, but have been left disappointed on that score too.

I used to look on the Chad website but all I get now is a message saying I had exceeded my monthly visits to the site. I don't think John Lomas is even allowed to follow us away from home now either.

A good job my wife has the iFollow app as I would not have any idea how to set that up. I try to get to as many games as I can home and away, but still miss the coverage we used to enjoy. Stan Searle must be turning in his grave.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Mr Grimsdale » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:14 pm

Big yella wrote:

Dismal

Don't you work for a company that provides a "service" that will cut a route in a heartbeat if it loses a penny on that said route. A company that withdraws it service to the further flung areas of our community after 6 o'clock, no matter how many vunerable, elderly or young people it may leave struggling or stranded.

I have an hour's walk to work all next week because your company fails to provide the service I need to get me there for 6am.

Maybe Stagecoach could replace and provide every service that everyone requires,no matter what the cost, and you could volunteer to take redundancy to help cover the extra cost?

Or, you could stop stamping your feet like your mate Yorkie on a "tick tock" rant and realise that there isn't enough of a market to provide a free service anymore.

I can't stand the Hasaloan ass kissing belmer that is Delakunty, but he has a business to run and if there isn't the listening numbers to provide the advertiser's he has every right to cut the service.

Quite BY, just don't get him started on the apathetic local population :lol:
Mr Grimsdale
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Fitzy499 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:39 pm

What do people expect, every season we have the same debate. Mansfield 103 don’t put live matches on as it doesn’t bring in enough income to cover the cost to do so. BBC Nottingham will cover teams based in Nottingham nothing anyon can do about it, even if we were in a higher league they still wouldn’t bother with us. Get used to the fact that a local station won’t put us on the radio so that we don’t have to have this pointless debate every season

Rant over sorry guys
Fitzy499
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby The One » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Fitzy499 wrote:What do people expect, every season we have the same debate. Mansfield 103 don’t put live matches on as it doesn’t bring in enough income to cover the cost to do so. BBC Nottingham will cover teams based in Nottingham nothing anyon can do about it, even if we were in a higher league they still wouldn’t bother with us. Get used to the fact that a local station won’t put us on the radio so that we don’t have to have this pointless debate every season

Rant over sorry guys

Sorry but think 103 remit is Mansfield news and sport in between rubbish music and ads.

Despite its name Radio Nottingham covers the county not just the city.

Its bad that we get no coverage.
The One
Manager
Manager

Postby Norman » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:59 am

103.2 are pathetic . I bet they will still be doing reports on a rival local club ( florist) throughout the season. Also the Chad is a joke . They can’t even do a report from a Tuesday night game when the paper comes out on a Wednesday , even in this day and age. Also noticed it’s editor is a florist fan. It’s now £1.20 as well!
Norman
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:27 am

Norman wrote:103.2 are pathetic . I bet they will still be doing reports on a rival local club ( florist) throughout the season. Also the Chad is a joke . They can’t even do a report from a Tuesday night game when the paper comes out on a Wednesday , even in this day and age. Also noticed it’s editor is a florist fan. It’s now £1.20 as well!

It’s alive.
And back with a positive post.

Ahem.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:49 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Norman wrote:103.2 are pathetic . I bet they will still be doing reports on a rival local club ( florist) throughout the season. Also the Chad is a joke . They can’t even do a report from a Tuesday night game when the paper comes out on a Wednesday , even in this day and age. Also noticed it’s editor is a florist fan. It’s now £1.20 as well!

It’s alive.
And back with a positive post.

Ahem.

It’s reassuring, surely?
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:31 am

It's PRE Season Friendly Comment from Norm

Back from the closed season getting ready for the start of this season....

Welcome back Norm hope you had a good break n raring to go for the 2018/2019 season.
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:18 am

Lets not get started ripping 103.2 to bits AGAIN.

We know the published reasons so end of, move on.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:37 am

No one likes us
No one likes us
No one likes us
We don't care.

We are Mansfield
Super Mansfield
We are Mansfield
From the Mill.
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Spiritater » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:47 am

oldweststander wrote:Lets not get started ripping 103.2 to bits AGAIN.

We know the published reasons so end of, move on.

The thing is they've paid for the broadcast rights (unless I'm mistaken) and chose not to do it. A bit 'it's my ball, and you lot can't play with it'.
With the broadcast rights that also gives them first dibs on pre/post match interviews which they gladly take.
I'm also perplexed as to why they did Tues night away commo on us last season. It generally was when there was a full programme of fixtures, ie when all the big local clubs were playing or the Galacticos of the Champions Lge are on telly.
So why then and not a Sat?
Theirs not to reason why
Theirs but to do and die
Into the valley of Death
Rode the Six Hundred
Spiritater
Manager
Manager

Postby Maverick » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:22 am

Local radio should cover local sport, its as simple as that.. Add to the fact the station gained its licence with a promise to do just that and you can see why folk are annoyed.

Maybe its time for a new direction for the station and some fresh blood.. just a thought??
Maverick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby arsene wengers coat » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:25 am

Are you suggesting One Call FM Maverick?
You've got to go there and come back, to know where you've been.
arsene wengers coat
Manager
Manager

Postby Maverick » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:52 am

I'm not sure if there would be any conflict of interest if One Call took it on.

What I do know is the general feeling amongst people that I talk to and I include Radio people is that a new direction and or owner could be a way to re invigorate the station.

But this is all personal opinion as I said earlier.

103.2 have done great things for Mansfield Town in the past and it really upsets me to see the lack of day to day coverage.
Maverick
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Captain Cunno » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:44 pm

One Call FM...
Could be ground breaking.
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:00 pm

Personally think the club should opt out of Ifollow... which they have the choice to do so.

Make their own platform and charge less, they keep all the money and more stags fans are likely to sign up and everyone could then be able to listen to comms

Starting this season, they could also stream live games to UK residents not just outside of the country.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:44 pm

Sedgwick wrote:Personally think the club should opt out of Ifollow... which they have the choice to do so.

Make their own platform and charge less, they keep all the money and more stags fans are likely to sign up and everyone could then be able to listen to comms

Starting this season, they could also stream live games to UK residents not just outside of the country.

No other League Two clubs are attempting this. With good reason. Would require quite an outlay, and not a good idea in my opinion for a small club to try.

Quite different for big clubs like your Derby County..

Clubs can only stream midweek games to UK residents.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum