{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Think were buying into ,flitcroft

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: Think were buying into ,flitcroft

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:14 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:As some have said before only fat man to blame for the capitulation of three clubs last season!!!

Fat man going to struggle this season I think Peterborough 0 Bolton 2 Some of his better players been sold
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby yellowstagsfan » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:17 pm

cassellswasmagic wrote:As some have said before only fat man to blame for the capitulation of three clubs last season!!!

Fat man going to struggle this season. Some of his better players sold. Peterborough 0 Bolton 2
yellowstagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:34 pm

yellowstagsfan wrote:

Fat man going to struggle this season. Some of his better players sold. Peterborough 0 Bolton 2

He’ll be sacked before the end of the season
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:50 pm

Tippy Tappy Football wrote:
MutinyOnTheCounty wrote:Correction Tippy, YOUR expectation is we must finish top 3 next season! ;)

The expectation of JR is top 3 but he's playing it down this season having learnt from last year.

I think I must have missed where he said this, Tappy.

For me, I've always maintained that as long as the club make progress each year, then I'm satisfied with where our destiny lies. I'd hope we get promoted, but don't demand it given all that's happened and the constraints in place
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:00 pm

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
yellowstagsfan wrote:

He’ll be sacked before the end of the season
My guess is he will walk away to a club he has always wanted to manage.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:17 pm

abc wrote:
m1cksut wrote:on reflection, i think that when DF got here, he realised that we weren't good enough to go up automatically, and would be soundly thrashed in the play offs, so used the last 12 games as a sounding board, to see who could do what, and what he needed to do for the next season.

Are you for real ?

Yes. Are you not?
my one regret is...i have no regrets!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:45 pm

m1cksut wrote:
abc wrote:
m1cksut wrote:on reflection, i think that when DF got here, he realised that we weren't good enough to go up automatically, and would be soundly thrashed in the play offs, so used the last 12 games as a sounding board, to see who could do what, and what he needed to do for the next season.

Are you for real ?

Yes. Are you not?

Over the season we had beaten all four teams in the play offs but you stick with your little fairytale if you so wish.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:43 am

abc wrote:
m1cksut wrote:
abc wrote:

Are you for real ?

Yes. Are you not?

Over the season we had beaten all four teams in the play offs but you stick with your little fairytale if you so wish.
Micksut may have a point abc. I think the "walk away" manager realised something similar and that was why he went. We were rapidly running out of steam. A football season is a marathon not a sprint.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:11 am

We were top of the current form table when fatso left, so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that we were running out of steam.

Last seasons collapse was 50% disruption caused by Evans leaving and 50% Flitcroft dicking about with the teams style and training methods when he didn't need to.

However IF we go up this year, DFs part in that failure will be forgiven and forgotten whereas Evans will always be hated here.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby gazza1988 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:41 am

Sneag wrote:We were top of the current form table when fatso left, so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that we were running out of steam.

Last seasons collapse was 50% disruption caused by Evans leaving and 50% Flitcroft dicking about with the teams style and training methods when he didn't need to.

However IF we go up this year, DFs part in that failure will be forgiven and forgotten whereas Evans will always be hated here.

Sneag, Evans heavily rotated his squad. Every game saw a change in the starting XI (there may have been an occasion when he kept the same team not 100%). From what I understand training was bare minimum. I don't think Evans left his successor a step by step programme on how he went about managing us. So how can Flitcroft "just carry on" if he doesn't know how Evans went about managing us?

Let's be honest here. If you started a managers job and your remit was to "do what the last guy did"? Could you gain the respect of the people under you if you were forever asking what the last guy did next?

How could you get the players to listen to you if you come across as clueless?

The facts are Evans went to China to manage Peterborough, we raided Swindon for Flitcroft and all 3 teams promising seasons capitulated. Ourselves and Swindon were in the play offs.

The only time that a managerial change like that works is when fighting relegation. Not in or around the play offs.

My belief is that Evans orchestrated this move. He heard mcgann was under pressure and spoke to Fry and he tried to leave and save Peterborough money by resigning so they don't have to pay compensation, which failed.

I don't think Evans felt we wouldn't make it, as such. I felt he wanted a big ego massage and thought he could get Peterborough in the play off and if we gained promotion he could say he got 2 teams promoted in one season. Its all about the ego.
post meanings:
I know what I'm doing
Just guessing
You're an idiot and I'm poking you with a stick
gazza1988
Manager
Manager

Postby Sneag » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:02 am

gazza1988 wrote:
Sneag wrote:We were top of the current form table when fatso left, so I'm not sure where the idea comes from that we were running out of steam.

Sneag, Evans heavily rotated his squad. Every game saw a change in the starting XI (there may have been an occasion when he kept the same team not 100%). From what I understand training was bare minimum. I don't think Evans left his successor a step by step programme on how he went about managing us. So how can Flitcroft "just carry on" if he doesn't know how Evans went about managing us?

Let's be honest here. If you started a managers job and your remit was to "do what the last guy did"? Could you gain the respect of the people under you if you were forever asking what the last guy did next?

The facts are Evans went to China to manage Peterborough, we raided Swindon for Flitcroft and all 3 teams promising seasons capitulated. Ourselves and Swindon were in the play offs.

The only time that a managerial change like that works is when fighting relegation. Not in or around the play offs.

My belief is that Evans orchestrated this move. He heard mcgann was under pressure and spoke to Fry and he tried to leave and save Peterborough money by resigning so they don't have to pay compensation, which failed.

I don't think Evans felt we wouldn't make it, as such. I felt he wanted a big ego massage and thought he could get Peterborough in the play off and if we gained promotion he could say he got 2 teams promoted in one season. Its all about the ego.

I think you are 100% right about Evans' motives.

In DFs boots I would have had a meeting with the senior pros at the club to see just what I was inheriting, now it appears that DF may have done that and didn't like what they said or their general attitude which is why most of those senior pros ended up on the transfer list. But I still maintain the time to rip up the playbook was May not March.
Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.
Sneag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:08 am

gazza1988 wrote:

Good post but I think it’s slighty wrong. I don’t think Evans thought we were running out of steam. I think he just plain didn’t care one way or the other. He just thought of himself. That’s it.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:16 am

abc wrote:
m1cksut wrote:
abc wrote:

Are you for real ?

Yes. Are you not?

yeah, yeah, and in the past we had beaten west ham 3-0, didnt make us a first division team, did it?
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:26 am

I think the Coventry game was the clincher in his decision to walk away. Coupled with the difficult games Accrington, Lincoln and Notts that where looming.

But only he will know the real reason.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:35 am

Amber Andy wrote:

I think the Coventry game was the clincher in his decision to walk away. Coupled with the difficult games Accrington, Lincoln and Notts that where looming.

That fat piece of slime was slithering about looking for his move a long time before that (IMHO)
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:49 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

That fat piece of slime was slithering about looking for his move a long time before that (IMHO)

I think you're spot on with that.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:10 am

EdwinstoweStag wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

You are probably right Edders, but I think the Coventry game was "decision day".
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby abc » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:00 am

m1cksut wrote:
abc wrote:
m1cksut wrote:
abc wrote:

Are you for real ?

Yes. Are you not?

yeah, yeah, and in the past we had beaten west ham 3-0, didnt make us a first division team, did it?

It's like reasoning with a naughty 4 year old.
abc
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:47 am

Amber Andy wrote:

Greed. Nothing more and nothing less. The man is an amoral weasel
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:05 am

I don’t think he’s even a good manager. Devious and lucky, but not good. The football was average with HIS players. The football under DF will be better.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:11 am

Sneag wrote:
I think you are 100% right about Evans' motives.

In DFs boots I would have had a meeting with the senior pros at the club to see just what I was inheriting, now it appears that DF may have done that and didn't like what they said or their general attitude which is why most of those senior pros ended up on the transfer list. But I still maintain the time to rip up the playbook was May not March.

My only reservation with that Sneagy, is that if DF waits till May it creates 2 problems. Firstly, he has little insight until too late about which players can adapt to his systems and work ethic. Secondly, perhaps there were contractual clauses if he'd wanted rid if we got promoted, or it would have been harder to justify to the fans / owner why he wanted wholesale changes?

I've always said DF's remit was never likely to be 'do nothing new', otherwise someone internal to the club would do the job and you'd save a load of wedge not stuffing £1000's into Swindon's coffers.

Let's hope the fans give DF a fair crack of the whip, but also hope he doesn't need to call in that favour
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby m1cksut » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:16 am

abc wrote:Over the season we had beaten all four teams in the play offs but you stick with your little fairytale if you so wish.

yeah, yeah, and in the past we had beaten west ham 3-0, didnt make us a first division team, did it?[/quote]

It's like reasoning with a naughty 4 year old.[/quote][/quote]

dont put yourself down, you must be at least 11!
m1cksut
Manager
Manager

Postby daddycool » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:42 am

bellwhiff wrote:
Amber Andy wrote:

Greed. Nothing more and nothing less. The man is an amoral weasel

Agree with wiff 100%. Evans only thinks of himself and money
daddycool
Manager
Manager

Postby Captain Cunno » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:14 pm

Evans will be getting his excuses in already.
Marriott sold
Not given the money
Shoppin at Lidl
Blah blah blah
These are my opinions , if you don't like them I have others...
Captain Cunno
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:26 pm

Captain Cunno wrote:Evans will be getting his excuses in already.
Marriott sold
Not given the money
Shoppin at Lidl
Blah blah blah

have they sold Maddison aswell?
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum