{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FrontRowHero

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

FrontRowHero

Postby Foxy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:29 am

I've heard he's been banned along with his 9 year old son. What happened?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Re: FrontRowHero

Postby HitchcocksShins » Sun Jul 22, 2018 1:28 am

Hope not, loved seeing him throw that barrier over on first game of season. Earned the hero title. God I love posting on stags net when drunk
twitter.com/SatiricalStag

"Couldn't you just stick to crayoning in poorly drawn pics?"
HitchcocksShins
Manager
Manager

Postby Foresttownstag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:13 am

HitchcocksShins wrote:Hope not, loved seeing him throw that barrier over on first game of season. Earned the hero title. God I love posting on stags net when drunk

I’m not drunk and I agree it was hilarious.

The IGL isn’t the same without him
Foresttownstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:58 am

Why what’s the bloke supposed to have done to warrant being banned?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:30 am

I thought he said he was moving due to the well publicised "issues" he had with Evans/Rains?
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:38 am

Saw him end of last season in the upper tier. Should we really be banning fans who are bringing through the next generation?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Beano » Sun Jul 22, 2018 8:42 am

ParisStag wrote:Should we really be banning fans who are bringing through the next generation?

Suppose it all depends on what he did
Beano
Manager
Manager

Postby Jamie » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:50 am

Isn't this a bloke who kept giving SE stick last season?
Jamie
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:54 am

who gives the order “you are banned” & for how long at the mill?
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby M E » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:08 pm

If this is who I think it is he was constantly up and down hassling the management and coaching staff and constantly having a go at officials every game. He was warned several times by stewards but obviously took no notice so I suppose it was only a matter of time before this happened.
M E
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 5:54 pm

ParisStag wrote:Saw him end of last season in the upper tier. Should we really be banning fans who are bringing through the next generation?

Depends on how he is bringing the next generation through. The old saying 'monkey see, monkey do' is often a wise quotation

I wouldn't want my impressionable grandkids watching that type of behaviour as late teenage fans are more likely to be given less slack and get arrested.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby ParisStag » Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:30 pm

True, if he's done something serious.
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Foxy » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:01 pm

Has he been banned from Stagsnet as well?
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:23 pm

Foxy wrote:Has he been banned from Stagsnet as well?

no.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:24 pm

Sounds like an immense belmer
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:01 pm

The one thing that has come across to me over recent weeks is the fans of our football club are the most important thing in football, without us Mansfield town fc does not exist. Myself my sons aged 7 and 9 have been banned for one year, my kids stood up to middle aged bullies hiding behind hi-vis vest's that's all they did. This could be one of our best seasons in our clubs history, but they will miss it why? Anyone who knows us lower tier will know my family are as passionate stags fans going. My hope is we get promoted this year and the directors realise we need a new more experienced security firm to deal with larger crowds moving forward. At the moment we won't be attending home games whilst meden and Lakin are there, but we will see you all at half the away games. Please give them a good reception away their faith in mtfc is waning, but mine is NOT. Let's get to league 1. COYS
Last edited by Frontrowhero on Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby ParisStag » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:04 pm

Frontrowhero wrote:The one thing that has come across to me over recent weeks is the fans of our football club are the most important thing in football, without us Mansfield town fc does not exist. Myself my sons aged 7 no 9 have been banned for one year, my kids stood up to middle aged bullies hiding behind hi-vis vest's that's all they did. This could be one of our best seasons in our clubs history, but they will miss it why? Anyone who knows us lower tier will know my family are as passionate stags fans going. My hope is we get promoted this year and the directors realise we need a new more experienced security firm to deal with larger crowds moving forward. At the moment we won't be attending home games whilst meden and Lakin are there, but we will see you all at half the away games. Please give them a good reception away their faith in mtfc is waining, but mine is NOT. Let's get to league 1. COYS

What actually happened with the stewards and your kids?
ParisStag
Manager
Manager

Postby Frontrowhero » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:16 pm

ParisStag wrote:
Frontrowhero wrote:The one thing that has come across to me over recent weeks is the fans of our football club are the most important thing in football, without us Mansfield town fc does not exist. Myself my sons aged 7 no 9 have been banned for one year, my kids stood up to middle aged bullies hiding behind hi-vis vest's that's all they did. This could be one of our best seasons in our clubs history, but they will miss it why? Anyone who knows us lower tier will know my family are as passionate stags fans going. My hope is we get promoted this year and the directors realise we need a new more experienced security firm to deal with larger crowds moving forward. At the moment we won't be attending home games whilst meden and Lakin are there, but we will see you all at half the away games. Please give them a good reception away their faith in mtfc is waining, but mine is NOT. Let's get to league 1. COYS

The one thing I have always said to them was stand up to bullies and that's exactly what they did
Frontrowhero
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jul 26, 2018 7:38 am

Frontrowhero wrote:
ParisStag wrote:

The one thing I have always said to them was stand up to bullies and that's exactly what they did

Always you though isn’t it ? You’ve got long form for issues. Why is that ? Why doesn’t anyone else.

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MOTG » Thu Jul 26, 2018 8:46 am

Yes Frontrowhero no doubt about the passion of you and your families support for The Stags however my ode you must shoulder some of the responsibility for your unreasonable actions especially with your son's being present. As parents we are supposed to set examples . I know some of the Stewards can sometimes be over reactive but on the contrary they try to do a reasonable job they are briefed to do. I think this is going to be a good season for the Stags and if it is then a shame you won't witness some of it at home games. Look forward to seeing you and your son's back at The Mill in the near future.
MOTG
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:24 am

There is more than one way to stand up to bullies especially if they are in a position of authority. Anyone itrying to control a crowd situation will not stand and argue the toss for ten minutes especially if they are being aggressively confronted.

If you think they are wrong especially if you are accompanied by children, the sensible thing to do is comply with the request and then make a retrospective complaint to their employer/supervisor. It is not wise to confront the person there and then as you will not win, merely escalate the problem. This method is also more likely to get you the result you want.

I can well imagine the response of most adults who have a 9 year old child telling them how to do their job. Amusement at the audacity of it would soon turn to confrontation as the child persists. Not a good example to set and exactly why we continue to have problems at matches. If it was on the pitch the red card would soon get worn out.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:02 pm

Frontrowhero what happened to leading by example n keeping your mouth shut because your thoughts of Evans/Rayner didn't match others around you.

There's only.one loser due to your big mouth n aggressive attitude while attending home matches and it's your kids....

Because they were following a poor example set by you.

No Symphathy here mate don't care how you dress it up you was in the wrong......
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:18 pm

Good post

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Chris M » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:05 pm

Was this the incident where our one time Assistant Manager flew out of the dug out and confronted a Stags fan who had criticised a substitution? “Go away you female genitalia” was not the measured response I would have expected from a club employee. Two sides to every story.
Chris M
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:15 am

Chris M wrote:Was this the incident where our one time Assistant Manager flew out of the dug out and confronted a Stags fan who had criticised a substitution? “Go away you female genitalia” was not the measured response I would have expected from a club employee. Two sides to every story.

D

Whilst not condoning this language could it be an example of reflective behaviour i.e what you give out is what you get back. Anyone behaving badly shouldn't expect impeccable responses as they give up the right to being treated respectfully

Does it not perfectly illustrate the effect of loutish behaviour by fans?.

That said the assistant manager probably reached his level and showed why most are pleased he's gone. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum