{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

FrontRowHero

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: FrontRowHero

Postby PRL13 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:44 am

Perhaps Dave went too far, but the ineptitude of some of the stewards is ridiculous. My friend and I were talking to him in the bar before hand and he was fine. He was normally entertaining, especially if the game was drab. The way they confronted him, under instruction was OTT. To do it in front of his kids was almost criminal. Perhaps it would have been better to use a Copper, then he might have realised how serious it was. I couldn`t get about much at the time, but if I could have I would have got involved and sorted his kids out for him. Instead, all I could do was shout "fascists" at them. He wasn`t a criminal, just an ardent fan. His lads try to stop him from being a raspberry, by the way! We spoke to him after the game on saturday and he enlightened us as to what happened!
PRL13
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:02 am

Sandy Pate Best Stag wrote:There is more than one way to stand up to bullies especially if they are in a position of authority. Anyone itrying to control a crowd situation will not stand and argue the toss for ten minutes especially if they are being aggressively confronted.

If you think they are wrong especially if you are accompanied by children, the sensible thing to do is comply with the request and then make a retrospective complaint to their employer/supervisor. It is not wise to confront the person there and then as you will not win, merely escalate the problem. This method is also more likely to get you the result you want.

I can well imagine the response of most adults who have a 9 year old child telling them how to do their job. Amusement at the audacity of it would soon turn to confrontation as the child persists. Not a good example to set and exactly why we continue to have problems at matches. If it was on the pitch the red card would soon get worn out.
FrontRowHero, this is good advice from SPBS. I hope you consider them, when your ban is over.

You are without doubt a very passionate Stags fan and I applaud you for that ( I wish we had more).

I can't comment on the justification of the ban, as I don't know the circumstances, but I don't think bans are given lightly.

I brought my son to games when he reached age 5 and we are going to bring his daughter this season as she will be soon aged 5. So I know how much your kids will miss the games.

One thing you deserve credit for is you are still a Stags fan. A lot of so called fans would have simply packed up and walked away.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby HughesyStag89 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:42 am

I miss Ronnie that guy got everyone going and even though he had always had a skinful the guy got behind the lads start to finish
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:58 pm

HughesyStag89 wrote:I miss Ronnie that guy got everyone going and even though he had always had a skinful the guy got behind the lads start to finish

So that is the problem is it, too much beer. Shame folk need alcohol to act like that. Hope he comes back with his kids, but a little less drunk!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby HughesyStag89 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:06 pm

I only stated him being drunk at every match because half the time he would be removed from the stadium, I remember him being dragged out at county away for causing trouble drunk
HughesyStag89
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:04 pm

HughesyStag89 wrote:I only stated him being drunk at every match because half the time he would be removed from the stadium, I remember him being dragged out at county away for causing trouble drunk

Just a pity, that’s all. Hope he can enjoy a few drinks that’s all. Too much and this is what happens.
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby Ronaldo10 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:05 pm

So the club can afford to ban a guy who takes his 2 kids to every home game and spends a fortune.
£530 a season for 3 ST holders
£120 a season for 3 new shirts

The guy is passionate about his football club and gets behind them.I sit just above him at home games admittedly he will mostly go to far with moaning about officials but he still gets behind the team. See him in the railway pre match having lunch with his kids.Always polite and always looking forward to the next 90 minutes.

Come on MTFC these are fans we need
Ronaldo10
Reserve Team
Reserve Team

Postby EdwinstoweStag » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:09 pm

He sounds like his gob might have been the cause of his ban. As most of his oral outpourings were directed at Mr Flitcroft’s predecessor (with some effect, I may add) then I would take this into account and offer him and his offspring a second chance.
Edders
EdwinstoweStag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:16 pm

Ronaldo10 wrote:So the club can afford to ban a guy who takes his 2 kids to every home game and spends a fortune.

The guy is passionate about his football club and gets behind them.I sit just above him at home games admittedly he will mostly go to far with moaning about officials but he still gets behind the team. See him in the railway pre match having lunch with his kids.Always polite and always looking forward to the next 90 minutes.

Load of crap. He behaves, he watches. He’s setting a terrible example for his kids too. He’s exactly what the club don’t need.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Herts Stag » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:57 pm

The stewards are just doing their job and perhaps Front Row just can't accept that. If he can't behave himself, what chance do his kids have? In life there are rules and standards of behaviour that some people just can't accept. Does he deserve a second chance? I reckon he must have been given loads of second chances and that's why he's been banned.
Herts Stag
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Sandy Pate Best Stag » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:43 pm

It's a difficult one to call. Yes you can soon add up how much he puts into the club but it is much more difficult to account for how much he has cost them.

I for one wouldn't take my grandkids if I were going to be sitting close to this type of behaviour. Easy to move when it's one individual but if this behaviour is deemed acceptable how long until it spreads to other parts of the ground making moving futile? Add on the cost of extra stewards/police and it soon makes his contribution seem small.

As others have said, he has probably been given a large number of second chances but ultimately you have to carry threats out.
Hello! Hello! We are the North Stand Boys.
Sandy Pate Best Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:04 pm

I've taken my kids for over a decade. Their presence makes me more mindful of my behaviour. I'm certainly conscious that I want to set an example, I want them to enjoy themselves and not see their old man behaving like an embarrassment.

I feel I'm as passionate as the next fan. Control is something that we can all manage. This guy sounds like he lacks any discipline, which is fundamental when you are out and about with your children.
Supporting Mansfield Town isn't about the glory but the glamour
DoomMerchant
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:34 pm

Ronaldo10 wrote:So the club can afford to ban a guy who takes his 2 kids to every home game and spends a fortune.

It's a nice idea if the slate was cleaned and he could return, but in reality the club can't turn a blind eye to those sort of incidents. If one person kicks off and habitually gets away with it then it paints the wrong impression and leads to others trying their luck.

Complaints about club staff would be more effective going through the proper channels and submitting some footage to back their claim.

Perhaps it's different on this occasion, but we have an element of fans who think they have carte Blanche to insult others and for it to be acceptable as its part of their job to rise above it. These fans continually goad and wait for a reaction, but sadly cannot accept that they are at fault.

If those fans cannot admit they're at fault and accept the consequences of their actions then I'm afraid they will be banned. Loss of revenue is bad, but the club has to take a hit to be seen to be doing the right thing
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby wayno cordiniho » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:43 pm

Key words... admittedly, mostly, go, to, far

Think that’s the whole issue!
wayno cordiniho
Manager
Manager

Postby Big yella » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:00 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:I've taken my kids for over a decade. Their presence makes me more mindful of my behaviour. I'm certainly conscious that I want to set an example, I want them to enjoy themselves and not see their old man behaving like an embarrassment.

I feel I'm as passionate as the next fan. Control is something that we can all manage. This guy sounds like he lacks any discipline, which is fundamental when you are out and about with your children.

That's how I was with mine.

I suppose I've had three spells as a fan. Young full of it and pushing the limits as much as I could, the responsible parent and now the grumpy old git.
Cause youth’s a mask, and it don’t last.
Live it long and live it fast.
Big yella
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:25 am

Can we let him back in if we draw Posh in the cup? :lol:
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:59 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Can we let him back in if we draw Posh in the cup? :lol:

Won’t need him. I’ll be going to that one. I’ll stand in.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:08 am

bellwhiff wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Can we let him back in if we draw Posh in the cup? :lol:

Won’t need him. I’ll be going to that one. I’ll stand in.

Make sure you get your season ticket behind the dugout then!
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:12 am

I sit just down from him and saying he is passionate is all well and good but he has had countless warnings so if you keep letting him act like a plank because he is passionate and take no action then it just spreads.

His behaviour would be bad enough if he was on his own but the fact he has his kids there and still does it is inexcusable.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum