{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Sheffield United game

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Sheffield United game

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:44 am

Here’s hoping our first 11 can score a goal today & not leave it all for our so called second team to score all the goals lol

Really hope young Walker can find his feet today, have to say i think he has struggled a little to date!

a goal will do him the world of good

:coys:
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Sheffield United game

Postby Vicar Jeremiah » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:02 am

yorkshire stag wrote:Here’s hoping our first 11 can score a goal today & not leave it all for our so called second team to score all the goals lol

Really hope young Walker can find his feet today, have to say i think he has struggled a little to date!

"Struggled to date", Blimey he has only played 2 halves, I read that and immediately thought of Abraham

"And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised"

Hebrews Ch 6 V 15
Kylie Minogue - God's gift to mankind
Vicar Jeremiah
Manager
Manager

Postby STAGS FOR LIFE » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:06 am

:D COYS

STAGS FOR LIFE
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:23 am

Is the upstairs Kevin Bird bar open to normal punters before the game.

In the past sometimes it has not been open so I have missed out on a ‘proper’ pint as normally drink in Sandy Pate bar, but to get to Kev Bird bar you have to enter ground through turnstile first.
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:29 am

vicar jeremiah wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:Here’s hoping our first 11 can score a goal today & not leave it all for our so called second team to score all the goals lol

"Struggled to date", Blimey he has only played 2 halves, I read that and immediately thought of Abraham

Hebrews Ch 6 V 15

3 duck .......just saying !

needs a goal the lad does
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:31 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
vicar jeremiah wrote:

Hebrews Ch 6 V 15

Unreal.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:33 am

part time pete wrote:Is the upstairs Kevin Bird bar open to normal punters before the game.

In the past sometimes it has not been open so I have missed out on a ‘proper’ pint as normally drink in Sandy Pate bar, but to get to Kev Bird bar you have to enter ground through turnstile first.

It’s open most games only on very few occasions when they have used it for extra corporate / sponsorship as it been not available

It was also open Wednesday night before Derby game
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:20 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
vicar jeremiah wrote:

Hebrews Ch 6 V 15

He will get his goal, give him a chance dopey!!!
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:07 am

Don’t forget you’redealing with Yorkshire Stag here - someone who appears incapable of anything positive or encouraging

I do agree tho that a goal would do him the world of good - the pre season form of Angol and Omari and emergence of Graham puts more pressure on him. And with Danny to return we look strong up front.

Im not sure the first half team is our first team now - so far I have to say I’m v encouraged. Just need to strengthen defensively. On the transfer front can see Butcher and possibly. Digby staying

COYS
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:10 am

cassellswasmagic wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
vicar jeremiah wrote:

Hebrews Ch 6 V 15

hope so Grumpy
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:18 am

yorkstag wrote:Don’t forget you’redealing with Yorkshire Stag here - someone who appears incapable of anything positive or encouraging

I do agree tho that a goal would do him the world of good - the pre season form of Angol and Omari and emergence of Graham puts more pressure on him. And with Danny to return we look strong up front.

Im not sure the first half team is our first team now - so far I have to say I’m v encouraged. Just need to strengthen defensively. On the transfer front can see Butcher and possibly. Digby staying

COYS

oh dear Yorvic, that’s a tad harsh i’ve been mega positive all pre season, just saying Wacker needs a goal to boast lads confidence you can see it in his body language
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:23 am

I agree with York actually. Granted he’s only played 2 and 2/3 games, but he’s looked a bit low on confidence and not y as sharp as players such as Davies, Angol etc. Still plenty of time to build that up before the proper stuff kicks in.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:37 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
yorkstag wrote:Don’t forget you’redealing with Yorkshire Stag here - someone who appears incapable of anything positive or encouraging

COYS

oh dear Yorvic, that’s a tad harsh i’ve been mega positive all pre season, just saying Wacker needs a goal to boast lads confidence you can see it in his body language

I don't see how stamping your feet because there were no new signings at the time is mega positive.
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby Marky Mark » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:40 am

Its all relative, Yorkie being mega positive means he was only grinding his teeth for 23 hours a day instead of the full 24. So well done to him for that.
"Football is a game of opinions, and very little knowledge"
Marky Mark
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:47 am

bobbystagsfan wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:

COYS

I don't see how stamping your feet because there were no new signings at the time is mega positive.

no stamping after the signings Bob check my posts, just saying as most who have seen all his games he needs a goal that’s all, stone me it’s there for all to see
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 10:50 am

Hopefully he will get one today.

These games are all about sorting your best 11 and fitness.

I hope we play well ( not too bothered about the result ) and more importantly no injuries.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmad » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:23 am

The fitness of most of the players stood out on Wednesday,they looked 100% better than this time last year,should be a good workout for them again today
stagmad
Youth Team
Youth Team

Postby Foxy » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:48 am

Part Time Pete just be very careful if you inadvertently enter the INNER SANCTUM by mistake as the treatment meted out to the hoi polloi is tyrannical.
Foxy
Manager
Manager

Postby cassellswasmagic » Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:57 am

yorkshire stag wrote:
cassellswasmagic wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:
vicar jeremiah wrote:

Hebrews Ch 6 V 15

hope so Grumpy

‘‘Twas a good comeback Yorkie lad :lol:
cassellswasmagic
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:53 pm

oh joy i see the BBC under 14yrs are down Mansfield, great that’s all we need with dear old SAG waiting to stitch us up, this is only going to end badly
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:56 pm

yorkshire stag wrote:oh joy i see the BBC under 14yrs are down Mansfield, great that’s all we need with dear old SAG waiting to stitch us up, this is only going to end badly

It's not the SAGs fault morons attach themselves to football clubs like festering, puss filled boils.
Rob
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkshire stag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:10 pm

Rob wrote:
yorkshire stag wrote:oh joy i see the BBC under 14yrs are down Mansfield, great that’s all we need with dear old SAG waiting to stitch us up, this is only going to end badly

It's not the SAGs fault morons attach themselves to football clubs like festering, puss filled boils.

yes but as we all know when they hit the ground and trouble breaks out as it might, they will be rubbin their hands with glee
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:13 pm

Anybody know why Macdonald isn’t playing? Pictured on twitter arriving at the ground but not in the squad.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:37 pm

Rightly or wrongly it probably supports the case for 1 o clock kick offs
yorkstag
Manager
Manager

Postby yorkstag » Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:40 pm

Say s on Twitter Macca is among the subs