{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Injury update on Cameron

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Injury update on Cameron

Postby yorkshire stag » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:00 pm

has there been one?, not seen it if there has, real shame if he is out
Our time will come
yorkshire stag
Manager
Manager

Re: Injury update on Cameron

Postby Martin Shaw » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:06 pm

I'd guess the next injury update will be 5pm on Saturday.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby Birminghamstag10 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:27 pm

I hear it's his knee, not his ankle but not been able to fully diagnose yet. Resting on crutches till the weekend, then reassess. Fingers crossed for the lad.
Birminghamstag10
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby SINA STAG » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:59 pm

Hope it's just a twist n not nothing serious
A Stag for life not just through good times.... 4 4 2 living the dream.....
SINA STAG
Manager
Manager

Postby Kenwood » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:18 am

Either way signing him as our only other CH outside the young youth team player seems to risky to me. If Preston or Pearce are out for any length of time we would really be struggling
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Parkinsons Perm » Fri Jul 20, 2018 6:57 am

We knew reading the Bury board and their local press archives that Cameron couldn't play regular professional football again.

It's been a total waste of time by DF 'hoping' he'd come through, he should and could have been looking at CHs who are fit if he wants to play 3 at the back, it's his one big mistake this summer.
Parkinsons Perm
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:07 am

It’s a difficult one, with both Mirfin and Diamond both looking like long term injuries, whether DF would play them or not, we’re short in that area and can’t really afford another long term injury. Feels like a big risk to me, whether it’s worth taking depends on how confident we are in a youth teamer stepping up? Someone coming in and taking his opportunity could be the big win of the season, it could also be the opposite!
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Kenwood » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:13 am

Woodclanger 1 wrote:We knew reading the Bury board and their local press archives that Cameron couldn't play regular professional football again.

It's been a total waste of time by DF 'hoping' he'd come through, he should and could have been looking at CHs who are fit if he wants to play 3 at the back, it's his one big mistake this summer.

I’d like to see us sign a left footed CH to play on that side of the 3. I don’t think you could as the young lad Gibbens to fill that role week in week out at this stage. Someone like Taft would have been perfect
Kenwood
First Team
First Team

Postby Tippy Tappy Football » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:18 am

Scott Wharton at Blackburn Rovers is a left sided centre half who did a good job for Lincoln last season. Danny Cowley is trying to sign him again.
Tippy Tappy Football
Manager
Manager

Postby BH_Stag » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:48 am

Kenwood wrote:
Woodclanger 1 wrote:We knew reading the Bury board and their local press archives that Cameron couldn't play regular professional football again.

I’d like to see us sign a left footed CH to play on that side of the 3. I don’t think you could as the young lad Gibbens to fill that role week in week out at this stage. Someone like Taft would have been perfect

Agree, Taft would have been great for that role, he never did much wrong for us but was never gonna be in Evans plans once we’d signed Diamond and Mirfin. Taft played a lot of games last year so with us playing 3 CB’s I thought he could have been worth a shot.

Either way, we’ve still got business to do. We need at least one new CB to sign to go with Pearce, Preston and Gibbons. Then we need to decide whether we want another one, or we’re gonna keep Digby to play there which I’d be fine with. You’ve got to have at least 5 fit options.

Personally don’t see White at CB being a long term thing as he’s very suited to the wing back role for me but we shall see.
BH_Stag
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:01 am

A but early to criticise DF re centre backs etc.
He knew the qualities Cameron could give and wanted them in his squad but you cannot run a football team on, sentiment at our level, everything has to be value for money.
I hope the lad has just picked up an unrelated injury, but if not we cannot afford to take him on in the hope he recovers yet again.
Pity we let Taft go but that was DF's decision, not Evan's.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:02 am

Looked like his ankle to me rather than his knee.

The way he thumped the turf when he went down made me automatically think it was a recurrence of an old injury, and that Cameron thought it was serious.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby MutinyOnTheCounty » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:39 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Looked like his ankle to me rather than his knee.

The way he thumped the turf when he went down made me automatically think it was a recurrence of an old injury, and that Cameron thought it was serious.

Quite possibly.

Or that DF had said something along the lines of 'make it through the game and we'll see' and vented his frustration once he knew he'd blown his chances?

I have a feeling DF persisted with Cameron because he knew he could potentially get him cheap if other clubs steered clear and he could prove his fitness. Perhaps a big mistake, but maybe it was the best option depending on what funds he has available. Either way, i have a feeling he'll have another player lined up to come in and play some or all of the other friendlies. We'll know in a few days, but for now i'm not too worried until we know more about Cameron and see who plays next game(s)

Until then i'll hold off from committing seppuku :P
If i look in pain it's because i'm thinking
MutinyOnTheCounty
Manager
Manager

Postby lifestags » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:45 am

If he wants to play 3 at the back then he can not take anymore risks with center backs. We already have Mirfin who can be injury prone, Diamond who is out for a while and is not wanted. Preston is coming back from a bad injury aswell.

Leaves us with Digby, Pearce, Preston, Gibbens as our only recognized center backs. 1 of them is a youngster and Digby who doesn't look to be wanted.

The transfer window shuts before the start of the season now aswell so he cant rely on a loan if one of them pulls up injured.

for me he needs another 2 center halves, 1 who can cover right back as well.

or 1 center back and keep Digby.
lifestags
Manager
Manager

Postby Sedgwick » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:54 am

Mirfin, old and injured.
Diamond, Injured
Cameron, past of bad injuries and now injured again...

Get rid of the lot when we can. Harsh but we can't have three out of 5 centre backs out for most of the season. If were playing three at the back we need fit players!

Id rather get an up and coming lad from the conference on the cheap as backup rather than rely on those three.
Sedgwick
Manager
Manager

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:59 am

Spoke to Cameron this morning at the ground, he is a very pleasant, well mannered young man. He was on crutches, doesn't yet know the extent of his injury, having a scan Monday or Tuesday. wished him good luck, he is a giant.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby bellwhiff » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:00 am

Unfortunately there is no room for sentiment. If he’s not fit then he’s not needed.
Every man thinks meanly of himself for not having been a soldier...

Samuel Johnson
bellwhiff
Manager
Manager

Postby MTFCMusings » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:31 am

Wonder if Forest would let us have Iacovitti back again, given our new 'special relationship'.
MTFCMusings
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:40 am

I trust DF to make the right decision on Cameron. He had a similar decision to make on Coke.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby James » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:44 am

MTFCMusings wrote:Wonder if Forest would let us have Iacovitti back again, given our new 'special relationship'.

God no, he was rubbish.
James
Manager
Manager

Postby part time pete » Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:59 am

James wrote:
MTFCMusings wrote:Wonder if Forest would let us have Iacovitti back again, given our new 'special relationship'.

God no, he was rubbish.

Yeah, but he was on only £2.5k per week :lol:
Those accustomed to privilege may feel that equality is oppression.
part time pete
Prediction League Manager

Postby natfromboza » Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:49 pm

I liked Kyle Howkins when he was on loan with us. Thought he was solid. He returned (I forget who with) at the end of the season and again was very solid. Anyone know if he is still with West Brom? Would be a decent loan signing for the season if he is still there?
natfromboza
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby oldweststander » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:35 pm

No thanks, he was always injured.
oldweststander
Manager
Manager

Postby stagmanrob » Fri Jul 20, 2018 3:00 pm

Difficult to find, but we certainly need a centre half with a bit of pace for recovery in my eyes. A bit like Bappa had, when players got in behind us and he'd chase them down and make a goal saving challenge.

I think that's why he's using White there in my opinion, for that exact reason...but that isn't his preferred role.

We definitely need someone of that ilk. I mentioned before that I know the lad at Scunny whose job it is to trawl through hours and hours of game footage and help formulate a plan for the manager to beat the opposition. Back when they beat us 2-0 at the Mill he was then the apprentice to the guy who was doing the job (now gone to Man City, so the lad I know has been promoted) so he was willing to let me know what the general game plan was to beat us (just before kick off so that it didn't get out!) and everything he said they'd do, worked an absolute treat and they came away with the 3 points.

That was under Coxy I believe, but we were playing the 3-5-2 then, obviously with players of lesser ability, but I feel the problems highlighted with that system would have the same weaknesses that can be exploited regardless of personnel.
stagmanrob
Manager
Manager

Postby tillydog123 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 pm

Agree Diamond and Mirfin are right offs now
Cameron is injury prone end of so JR needs cheque book out again
tillydog123
Manager
Manager

Next

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum