{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

Cameron to be last summer signing?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Cameron to be last summer signing?

Postby Chadman » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:05 pm

Unless he suddenly breaks down, it sounded today like Nathan Cameron will be Stags' final summer signing

https://www.chad.co.uk/sport/football/m ... -1-9255858
Chadman
First Team
First Team

Re: Cameron to be last summer signing?

Postby Johnny H » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:13 pm

If we are to play a back three.....that gives us Pearce, Preston, Cameron, White and Mirfin ??
If White is to play we have no recognised right wing back and only Benning to play left wing back ??

Unless youth is gonna be given a chance

Have I missed anybody ??
Johnny H
Manager
Manager

Postby frt1987 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:15 pm

Assuming they don’t move on Digby or Diamond can also play centre back and Digby or Anderson at right wing back
frt1987
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:24 pm

A couple of youngsters have also been mentioned about LB and you’d assume CJ could be asked to play there? Not sure on his defensive capabilities but that position seems to be more about attacking than ever these days.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby bobbystagsfan » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Jimstag wrote:A couple of youngsters have also been mentioned about LB and you’d assume CJ could be asked to play there? Not sure on his defensive capabilities but that position seems to be more about attacking than ever these days.

even full backs not even really a defensive role anymore, we all love to see Mal and Hayden overlapping and getting down the wing and you see the massive difference to when Johnny hunt played as he never left his own half.

I think the formation could work, it looked good second half against BPA (a non league side in a friendly I know)
bobbystagsfan
Manager
Manager

Postby kcassellsfootygenius » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:25 pm

If your playing a 3 there is an argument CJ is actually a better option than Mal, thought he did a great job against Accy when he had to be more defensive.

I like Mal a lot but would have no issue with CJ being the other option.
kcassellsfootygenius
Manager
Manager

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum