{ the forum }

An independent supporters' website dedicated to Mansfield Town FC

So what has happened to Zander?

Discuss all things Stags and Football League Two, and share stuff using our BBCodes.
Forum rules
Please read the Posting Rules before participating. Posting on the forums is subject to adhering to these.
Also, see the Guidelines for Posting. Moderators may sometimes tidy posts which do not follow these customs.

Re: So what has happened to Zander?

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 2:35 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:Would get rid of Zander, we got better options.

We can't, he's injured like Mirfin.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 3:40 pm

I know it’s no ones fault for players getting injured, but if it was me would pay his release fees. Just like having a car, that’s knackered, scrap it.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Postby Amber Andy » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:23 pm

marker_mtfc95 wrote:I know it’s no ones fault for players getting injured, but if it was me would pay his release fees. Just like having a car, that’s knackered, scrap it.

Yes, I'm sure both Diamond and Murfin wish they were fit enough to play, either here or elsewhere.

Problem is it restricts DF in terms of budget.
Amber Andy
Manager
Manager

Postby Jimstag » Tue Jul 17, 2018 4:26 pm

Amber Andy wrote:
marker_mtfc95 wrote:I know it’s no ones fault for players getting injured, but if it was me would pay his release fees. Just like having a car, that’s knackered, scrap it.

Yes, I'm sure both Diamond and Murfin wish they were fit enough to play, either here or elsewhere.

Problem is it restricts DF in terms of budget.

Agreed, you can’t just dump an injured player as you have a duty of care or they have a valid contract. In both scenarios you’ve got to carry on paying until they’re fit and then ship them on if you still want to.
Jimstag
Assistant Manager
Assistant Manager

Postby Martin Shaw » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:34 pm

Really poor analogy. Human beings are not pieces of metal. There is a duty of care to employees. Mirfin was injured playing for the club at Blackpool.
"Four points clear as Lincoln are McCaffreyised", CHAD headline, April 1975
Martin Shaw
Site Admin

Postby marker_mtfc95 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 5:38 pm

Martin Shaw wrote:

Really poor analogy. Human beings are not pieces of metal. There is a duty of care to employees. Mirfin was injured playing for the club at Blackpool.

Just making light out of it. Should be a system for players with longer term injuries, should get paid less in my opinion, as money could go to another player or something else.
Mansfield till I die
marker_mtfc95
Manager
Manager

Previous

Return to Stagsnet Main Discussion Forum